Windows 10: Slow Booting after upgrade

Discus and support Slow Booting after upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,Finally upgraded to 1809 version. Thanks to the forum for all the guidance.After installing several updates and some 'tweeks' to the taste, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Motim Win User

Slow Booting after upgrade

Hello,Finally upgraded to 1809 version. Thanks to the forum for all the guidance.After installing several updates and some 'tweeks' to the taste, this system boots slower then 1803 I left.Noticed in the Task Manager lot of processes running (many new), Apps-5, Background processes-36, Windows processes-80.Is there some way to remove some of them make the list smaller without harming the system, and make boot faster.Answers will be appreciated.ThanksPS. How do I update my system spec on the forum's site.Thanks

:)

Motim, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Oct 2, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Persistent slow boot - Windows 10 with SSD

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the time you took for the research and perform the troubleshooting, we will need more information to troubleshoot on this issue.

1. If you could provide us with the troubleshooting that you have already performed, it will be helpful.
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes made to the system prior to this issue?

Windows could be booting up slow if there is more application to startup when Windows boot for the first time, below are few of the steps you can try.

Method 1:

1. Try to
      boot your computer into Safe Mode
      and check if it still take time.
    2. If the system boots fine then it’s the third party service or application that is causing the slow boot issue.
    3. You can try to perform
      Clean Boot
      and detect which application or service is causing this issue.
    4. On the article above search for the topic How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
      after you have put the computer to clean boot.
    5. After you have found the cause of the issue, you can search for other steps on the same article
      Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

Method 2:

If you still face the issue you can check the article

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

To keep you informed the last topic contacts
    Reset your PC,
    I suggest you not to reset your PC, as resetting your PC will revert the system back to previous OS that you upgraded from and you will lose Application installed on the system.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Slow Booting after upgrade - Similar Threads - Slow Booting upgrade

2. Windows slow after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows slow after boot: When I boot up, outlook takes 10 mins 2 activate, Edge takes 5 mins. Using Task manager it's spending 100% CPU servicing interrupts. This has only happened since the previos Win updates. Anyone got any clues?...
  3. Slow response after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow response after boot: Slow response after boot GLOSSARY TM = Task Manager FE = File Explorer TB = Taskbar The system "churns" for 15+/- minutes after booting. During this it shows the following "progress bar"The program that I use to crop this won't run to completion. The part in the middle with...
  4. Slow response after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response after boot: Slow response after boot GLOSSARY TM = Task Manager FE = File Explorer TB = Taskbar The system "churns" for 15+/- minutes after booting. During this it shows the following "progress bar"The program that I use to crop this won't run to completion. The part in the middle with...
  5. Slow response after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Slow booting after the OS upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow booting after the OS upgrade: Hi all, I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 10 Home N on my Dell PC having Intel i3 processor and 4 Gb of RAM. After the upgrade, the booting has been really slow. Most of the softwares lags and hangs and has been hard to work between them. Is there a way to better the...
  7. Slow Booting after upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Booting after upgrade: Hello,Finally upgraded to 1809 version. Thanks to the forum for all the guidance.After installing several updates and some 'tweeks' to the taste, this system boots slower then 1803 I left.Noticed in the Task Manager lot of processes running (many new), Apps-5, Background...
  8. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  9. slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    slow boot after upgrading from 1803 to 1903: I skipped over 1809 and upgraded directly from 1803 to 1903. All went fine but I noticed a significant slowdown in booting. It went from several seconds to 39 seconds. I have a decent desktop computer, enough memory. One possible culprit: I have two physical drives – SSD and...
  10. Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade

Slow Boot up After Windows 10 upgrade: Guys After I upgraded my operating system from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 through Media Creation Tool, I'm experiencing quite slower boot up than it was before when I had Windows 8.1. I have a Lenovo Y50-70 High Performance Gaming Laptop. After I press the Power button,...