Slow booting. How do I see drivers loading at boot?

Discus and support Slow booting. How do I see drivers loading at boot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a laptop that is about 3 years old. It started to boot very slow (running Windows 7) a few months ago. I updated to Windows 10 (fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mncd, Jul 31, 2015.

1. mncd Win User

I have a laptop that is about 3 years old. It started to boot very slow (running Windows 7) a few months ago.

I updated to Windows 10 (fresh install) hoping it would be fixed.

The boot just drags and drags. It might be a hard drive issue (even though there are no errors) but I want to know what is happening at boot.

How do I see something besides the logo or a black screen?

:)

2. JokiJohn17 Win User

Windows 10 doesnt boot (spinning wheel freezes after few seconds) anymore after installing latest fall update

Hi,

I might try this but before I do this I would appreciate if you can answer this question:

You mentioned it could be faulty graphic driver. How fast is the driver loaded on boot? One more time, the windows freezes after just 3 to 4 seconds of boot time - I doubt the GUI and drivers have even started loading. It's not that windows loads and then
    it freezes. It freezes in much earlier stage, right after boot.

So what exactly is loading in the first few seconds after boot? Is GUI graphic driver loading in these initial stages?

When you say create a restore point WHEN do you mean? Before upgrading this latest update or right after it updates? I tried to create restore RIGHT after I updated windows and it didn't help - windows froze at the boot again even after restoring it.

This is a big update, I am not sure if I can just do a restore point to pre-update. I think larger rollback is needed.

Is there any way to turn on logging or displaying what file is loaded on boot? XP had a nice feature you could see exactly what file was loading when run in safe mode so maybe I can see what file makes system freeze.

Example http://www.techwarelabs.com/guides/misc_mod/cleanupguide/images/safemode2.jpg

How do I display or log what files are loading during boot in windows 10? There must be some logging utility to help with that.

JokiJohn17, Jul 31, 2015
  3. NorthernRanger Win User
    Win10 will ALWAYS freeze at the loading screen on cold boot, resetting after the freeze fixes it and it runs fine. How do I access what it is trying to load in the background?

The subject says it all. It will 100% of the time freeze with the spinning beads loading screen on cold boot. I have to hit the reset button on my tower and then it loads into windows just fine. Choosing "restart" from inside windows itself also boots without
    issue.

What I need is a diagnostic boot screen like used to be in WinXP. Where I can see the list of drivers\services being loading one by one and wait to see which one it "freezes" at on cold boot. I can't seem to "see behind" the Win10 load GUI load screen (unchecking
    GUI boot didn't help in MsConfig).

Any ideas on what the problem may be and if not HOW do I see what it's freezing at? Thanks!!

NorthernRanger, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Slow booting. How do I see drivers loading at boot? - Similar Threads - Slow booting drivers

2. i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to add a new user for my kids in the Pc: hello guys i want to create a new user for my kids https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/i-want-to-add-a-new-user-for-my-kids-in-the-pc/49651e3b-78c9-4351-8a2e-2abb8ec0e92a
  3. How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to rename the default folder "3D Objects" to "Work"?: Hi, I am not a graphics expert or have nothing to do with 3D modelling and hence have no use for the folder name "3D objects". I would rather rename it to something useful like "Work" please can you assist me in this? I followed these steps:...
  4. I get random blue screens all the time the included solution does not work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I get random blue screens all the time the included solution does not work!: I get random blue screens with a crash code bad_pool_caller. I checked the Microsoft Support website but the included solution does not help (check if all of your drivers are updated) they werent but I updated them and its still happening I tried some other things for example...
  5. I cant play my steam games anymore!!!!!

I cant play my steam games anymore!!!!!: I am sick of trying to fix this stupid error. I was able to play games on this laptop before but now when i go on steam and try to play them it gives me this error. [ATTACH] I have tried to "Instal Dierct X again. Checked DxDiag, and checked if my drivers up to date"....
  6. Unmountable boot error

Unmountable boot error: Hello! My laptop has been getting the blue screen with the “unmountable boot error” when I try to start it up. I made USB drive of the windows media installation to try to fix it but it doesn’t show up. Ive tried changing the boot order & tried using F9 to select it but it’s...
  7. Win 10 blue screen driver crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 blue screen driver crash: I am having this problem for around 3 months and there is no actual persistence of the problem. While I play, exactly when I am shutting down the PC or when I start it up a blue screen appears with the sad windows face :( . I do use my PC on a daily basis and the problem...
  8. Unable to update drivers due to an error

Unable to update drivers due to an error: I just replaced my hard drive in my computer (previous one began to fail) so I know that my current headset works with windows 10 as I've been using it before for a long time. I only just got my PC back today and now my headset won't work. I have tried to update the drivers...
  9. Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Like to Create data backups From CMD command can i ?: Like to Create Full backups From CMD command can i ? 115978
  10. How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.

How to get mouse to move between the two monitors.: I have a Toshiba Satellite s55 and a dell monitor. Can get home screen on monitor but if I choose 2 as the monitor I can't get the mouse to come back to my laptop....