Windows 10: Slow booting. How do I see drivers loading at boot?

Discus and support Slow booting. How do I see drivers loading at boot? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a laptop that is about 3 years old. It started to boot very slow (running Windows 7) a few months ago. I updated to Windows 10 (fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mncd, Jul 31, 2015.

1. mncd Win User

Slow booting. How do I see drivers loading at boot?

I have a laptop that is about 3 years old. It started to boot very slow (running Windows 7) a few months ago.

I updated to Windows 10 (fresh install) hoping it would be fixed.

The boot just drags and drags. It might be a hard drive issue (even though there are no errors) but I want to know what is happening at boot.

How do I see something besides the logo or a black screen?

:)

2. Windows 10 doesnt boot (spinning wheel freezes after few seconds) anymore after installing latest fall update

Hi,

I might try this but before I do this I would appreciate if you can answer this question:

You mentioned it could be faulty graphic driver. How fast is the driver loaded on boot? One more time, the windows freezes after just 3 to 4 seconds of boot time - I doubt the GUI and drivers have even started loading. It's not that windows loads and then
    it freezes. It freezes in much earlier stage, right after boot.

So what exactly is loading in the first few seconds after boot? Is GUI graphic driver loading in these initial stages?

When you say create a restore point WHEN do you mean? Before upgrading this latest update or right after it updates? I tried to create restore RIGHT after I updated windows and it didn't help - windows froze at the boot again even after restoring it.

This is a big update, I am not sure if I can just do a restore point to pre-update. I think larger rollback is needed.

Is there any way to turn on logging or displaying what file is loaded on boot? XP had a nice feature you could see exactly what file was loading when run in safe mode so maybe I can see what file makes system freeze.

Example http://www.techwarelabs.com/guides/misc_mod/cleanupguide/images/safemode2.jpg

How do I display or log what files are loading during boot in windows 10? There must be some logging utility to help with that.

JokiJohn17, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Win10 will ALWAYS freeze at the loading screen on cold boot, resetting after the freeze fixes it and it runs fine. How do I access what it is trying to load in the background?

The subject says it all. It will 100% of the time freeze with the spinning beads loading screen on cold boot. I have to hit the reset button on my tower and then it loads into windows just fine. Choosing "restart" from inside windows itself also boots without
    issue.

What I need is a diagnostic boot screen like used to be in WinXP. Where I can see the list of drivers\services being loading one by one and wait to see which one it "freezes" at on cold boot. I can't seem to "see behind" the Win10 load GUI load screen (unchecking
    GUI boot didn't help in MsConfig).

Any ideas on what the problem may be and if not HOW do I see what it's freezing at? Thanks!!

NorthernRanger, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Slow booting. How do I see drivers loading at boot?

1. Slow booting. How do I see drivers loading at boot? - Similar Threads - Slow booting drivers

2. Game load is slow after clean boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game load is slow after clean boot: My game LOADING is slow and not using alot of my ssd, like overwatch, before the clean install it uses alot of ssd to load very fast, but now its slow to load...
  3. Game load is slow after clean boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game load is slow after clean boot: My game LOADING is slow and not using alot of my ssd, like overwatch, before the clean install it uses alot of ssd to load very fast, but now its slow to load...
  4. BOOTLOG NOT Loaded, Slow Boot, Windows boot circle spinning slowly

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTLOG NOT Loaded, Slow Boot, Windows boot circle spinning slowly: Hello, I have this issue for a few month. I couldn't be able to solve it. I tried Secure Erase, clean installation of windows 10, also tried it on a different motherboard. Secure erase and formatting the drive seems to solve the issue for a few days but it happens shortly...
  5. boot time loading slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    boot time loading slow.: I am facing the following problems while using my Dell laptop for the past few weeks : 1 The boot time loading of the laptop has become very slow due to unknown causes. 2 The opening of files,folders, and softwares also takes a considerable amount of time during...
  6. I see two loading screens at boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I see two loading screens at boot: If I turn on my pc after a shut down, at first I see the motherboard logo screen then the Windows loading screen and finally the desktop. But if I restart my pc, then after the motherboard logo screen, the Windows loading screen appears two times. Can someone tell me how to...
  7. slow loading desktop apps when boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow loading desktop apps when boot: At the time of boot . My laptop load Desktop apps slowly when I enable/install these services my laptop load desktop application slowly Other problems like enabling WSL(Windows service for Linux) Installing database like oracle 11g Enabling virtualization...
  8. W10 slow boot and icons load

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W10 slow boot and icons load: Hi. I've upgraded my laptop from W8.1Pro to W10Pro. At first everything was fine, but now the boot is very slow with the icons taking ages to appear on the desktop and the taskbar. Any ideas please? I've removed almost all the automatic start up items, defragged and...
  9. Boot files that do not load

Boot files that do not load: The boot log reveals one instance of DXGKRNL.sys loading and four NOT loading. DXdiag shows no errors. It also has one WDFILTER.sys NOT loaded entry. Is this of any consequence? If so, what's the fix? 78726
  10. Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading

Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading: Hi all, I'm using an Intel SSD 240GB 520 series. Always loading very fast, i.e., about 8 seconds from cold boot. Since windows 10 is installed, boot time is about 20 seconds and desktop icons take some time to refresh and load their images. Regarding the boot time:...