Windows 10: Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and constant refresh of pc and hang

Discus and support Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and constant refresh of pc and hang in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgrade to windows 10 version 20H2 from 1909 in my laptop and there is very slow booting time around a minute and constant refresh and lag... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akshat_Geek, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and constant refresh of pc and hang

I recently upgrade to windows 10 version 20H2 from 1909 in my laptop and there is very slow booting time around a minute and constant refresh and lag in apps. What should I do?

My laptop was working fine with 1909 . The update also took 13 hours to install. Need help as I canonot work properly properly on my laptop anymore.

:)

Akshat_Geek, Nov 23, 2020
  2. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Nov 23, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and constant refresh of pc and hang

Updating Win 10 1909 to 20H2 directly, will there be any problems?

Hi, just got a new ssd installed, and my local vendor installed the 1809 version in my system. I updated the software to 1909 but there is no update for ver 2004 under Update and Security in settings. I couldn't find any update assistant of 2004, but the
    one for 20H2 is available. Is it fine if I directly upgrade to ver 20H2? Will there be any issue or should I upgrade to 2004?

TinishMaheshwari, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and constant refresh of pc and hang

1. Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and constant refresh of pc and hang - Similar Threads - Slow booting 20H2

2. Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and task bar takes several minutes to appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and task bar takes several minutes to appear: Since I recently installed Windows 10 version 20H2 from 1909, the boot up times on my desktop is very slow and when I can finally login into my computer it takes several minutes to go to the desktop and for the task bar to appear. Never had this problem with any other version...
  3. Problem with updating 20h2 from 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with updating 20h2 from 1909: Dear Sir/Madam,the 20h2 patch was shown in my windows update section. I tried to updated it twice but there was an update error 0x800707e7. Now, i want to update it again but the 20h2 is no longer showing on the windows update section. how could I call it out again to perform...
  4. Cannot Update From 1909 To 20H2

Cannot Update From 1909 To 20H2: I've been trying to update from 1909 to 20H2 nightly for a few weeks now.After the update is fully downloaded and it asks me to restart, I restart, it gets past BIOS, and then my monitors go black, claim there is no connection, and the computer restarts roughly 15 seconds...
  5. Win 10 update to 20H2 from 1909 has constantly failed

Win 10 update to 20H2 from 1909 has constantly failed: I have tried all the suggested fixes apart from a clean system install. I have no desire to reinstall all the games and programs deleted by a system reset through the settings/recovery/ keep all your files process so please help. I have uploaded the panther and rollback log...
  6. Feature Update from 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature Update from 1909 to 20H2: I updated my computer last night from 1909 to 20H2 because it was forcing me to update it since 1909 expires in May. It took 12 fricking hours to complete. It took 6 hours to download the update, 4 hours to install and 2 hours hours to reboot. And the changes in the new...
  7. Is updating from 1909 to 20H2 worth it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is updating from 1909 to 20H2 worth it?: I’m contemplating on whether I should update to the latest windows version. The most important thing is does it increase performance? Does it increase memory usage? Are there any reason for me to update to the latest version? submitted by /u/CHiA-ZS [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 PRO 1909 Boot Hang From Power ON about 10% of the time

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 PRO 1909 Boot Hang From Power ON about 10% of the time: I have a strange issue. We have an SSD and all seems OK. we do turn the power off each night. However, when we boot the next day we get the normal MS Flag on screen and then it says hello to my wife as it continues to boot. This is all good and we have had this system I built...
  9. Slow Booting in Win 10 after version 1909 updation.

Slow Booting in Win 10 after version 1909 updation.: I am using Win 10 Home updated version 1909. I dont have MS Office 10 installed but the Windows Update has downloaded and installed all the updates as on date ! Why is this so ? My laptop has also slowed down a lot after updating till 15 Dec 2019. The boot time is nearly 4...
  10. Slow boot time after AU update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time after AU update: I am using an NVME drive and used to get a 10 second boot time, but after the AU update its nearly 50 seconds. I haven't added any more programs to startup, so why is this happening. Would like to know if there is a fix. Thanks 61821