Windows 10: Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and task bar takes several minutes to appear

Discus and support Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and task bar takes several minutes to appear in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since I recently installed Windows 10 version 20H2 from 1909, the boot up times on my desktop is very slow and when I can finally login into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rob 125, Aug 9, 2021.

1. Rob 125 Win User

Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and task bar takes several minutes to appear

Since I recently installed Windows 10 version 20H2 from 1909, the boot up times on my desktop is very slow and when I can finally login into my computer it takes several minutes to go to the desktop and for the task bar to appear. Never had this problem with any other version 1803, 1809, 1903 & 1909 of Windows 10. My computer is 2 1/2 years old. The processors are Intel i7 8700, 3.20GHz, 1 TB HDD, 32GB memory, and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB graphic card. I have defraged the computer, ran the dism/online/cleanup-image/scanhealth and sfc/scannow scans, Windows Defender full scan and Mic

:)

Rob 125, Aug 9, 2021
  2. zinou Win User

Very slow boot-up time (over three minutes)

Hi,

There was many events that was dropped during the boot trace, but there is enough data to undertake a troubleshooting.

Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and task bar takes several minutes to appear [​IMG]

First, the majority of the delay happens in the Session init phase. in this phase the OS primarily load and initialize drivers.

I have identified two suspect drivers:
    • NoMachine Hub that causes a boot delay of 12s. Windows try to reload the catalog to check the code integrity for this driver because it's a non-embedded-signed driver. So try to upgrad to the latest version of NoMachine application.

Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and task bar takes several minutes to appear [​IMG]

• But the biggest delay is caused by Intel Management Engine driver ( 90 s)

you have the version 11.7.0.1057. There is a newer version available on the Intel website Download Intel® Management Engine Consumer Driver for Intel® NUC Kit NUC7i3DN

Update this driver and see if that help.

Finally take another boot trace.

zinou, Aug 9, 2021
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 9, 2021
  4. deving Win User

Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and task bar takes several minutes to appear

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and task bar takes several minutes to appear - Similar Threads - Slow booting 20H2

2. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...: Hi all, my guess is an abundance of startup programs which slow the load to desktop, but checking startup and the calculated startup time 2 mins, there aren't many programs besides needed ones no more than several that could slow it to such a degree.Honestly though I don't...
  3. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...: Hi all, my guess is an abundance of startup programs which slow the load to desktop, but checking startup and the calculated startup time 2 mins, there aren't many programs besides needed ones no more than several that could slow it to such a degree.Honestly though I don't...
  4. Windows 10 slow login time, taking upward of 20 minutes but less than a minute to boot from...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Date and Time do not appear on the task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date and Time do not appear on the task bar: Date and time are missing from the task bar. When I right click in the task bar to select date and time I get what looks like a menu but with dividers but no names of any of the selections. How do I fix that?...
  6. SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown: This only applies if I use the shutdown button to forcibly turn the computer off. If I shut it down using the interface, it turns on quickly as usual....
  7. Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and constant refresh of pc and hang

Slow booting time after 20H2 update from 1909 and constant refresh of pc and hang: I recently upgrade to windows 10 version 20H2 from 1909 in my laptop and there is very slow booting time around a minute and constant refresh and lag in apps. What should I do? My laptop was working fine with 1909 . The update also took 13 hours to install. Need help as I...
  8. windows 20h2 takes 73 minutes to boot

windows 20h2 takes 73 minutes to boot: so when i update to 20h2 it take 73 mins to boot like it shouldnt even take that long somebody help me please im trying to do my school on it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-20h2-takes-73-minutes-to-boot/0cd6b4fb-3915-4b9b-b08f-78ad2fc81b64
  9. Windows 10 update stuck on “this will take several minutes”.

Windows 10 update stuck on “this will take several minutes”.: I have bought a new laptop and when I was setting it up it asked me whether I want to install the latest windows update. I clicked yes and I think this was the 2020-01 windows 10 update, it took me to the screen “this will take several minutes”, however I have been stuck for...
  10. This might take several minutes

This might take several minutes: I booted my hp laptop and it came up with a blank screen. Thought maybe there was an issue with my machine because I use an external docking station/monitor. It rebooted I got login screen. After login in, I am getting “hi” followed by “we’ve got some updates for your...