Windows 10: Slow bootup black screen for minutes

Discus and support Slow bootup black screen for minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi there, i have an Asus Zenbook with an I5 processor and 6gb ram that came with win8. I have upgraded to Win10 and now it boots very slow, it takes a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Regressor, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Regressor Win User

Slow bootup black screen for minutes

Hi there, i have an Asus Zenbook with an I5 processor and 6gb ram that came with win8.
    I have upgraded to Win10 and now it boots very slow, it takes a few minutes now to get to the asus logo and then it goes in to win 10 login. I thought the old hdd was the problem so i bought a new WD ssd but it is still slow at bootup. I have disabled fastboot and updated the system with latest Intel drivers and run all win10 updates. If i do a reboot it is much faster, if i shut down the system and power on again it is still slow. Any ideas?

:)

Regressor, Apr 13, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Apr 13, 2019
  3. W10 Black Screen Before Bootup

Hi Ray,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with black screen issues on your device.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

I understand that you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. I suggest you to try the few other steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Slow bootup black screen for minutes

2 minutes of Black Screen before Login Screen & Slow Booting.

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you are facing black screen issues with the system. This might be due to the corruption of display driver in the system.

I would suggest you to refer the link on Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10 by
    Sharath Srinivasa replied on August 7, 2015

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

I would also suggest you to refer the article in the link below on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that your system has become slow hence I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: System Maintenance troubleshooter

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Method 2: Disk Clean Up

Cleaning out your PC on a regular basis frees up drive space and helps it run better. One of the easiest ways to clean up files you no longer need is by using Disk Cleanup. Try performing it on the system and check if it helps to
    resolve the issue.

Refer the below link to perform a Disk Clean Up on Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

I would also suggest you to perform a clean boot to check if third party applications are causing the system slow.

Method 3: Clean boot

Place your computer in clean boot state and check if it helps.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Reply us if you have any further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Slow bootup black screen for minutes

1. Slow bootup black screen for minutes - Similar Threads - Slow bootup black

2. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Black Screens on Bootup: My computer black screens when I boot it up and never reaches the log in screen or loads windows. I've tried using commands with the keys on my keyboard, but no keys actually bring up anything on my screen to actually make a change. My cursor doesn't show up on the screen...
  3. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Black Screens on Bootup: My computer black screens when I boot it up and never reaches the log in screen or loads windows. I've tried using commands with the keys on my keyboard, but no keys actually bring up anything on my screen to actually make a change. My cursor doesn't show up on the screen...
  4. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  6. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  7. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Black screen after bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after bootup: After some recent windows update, I'm having some trouble with the black screen after I enter my windows password. The keyboard and mouse are still lighting up but the monitor has gone black. I connect my monitor to a Nvidia GPU display port. Sometimes I have to manually hold...
  9. Help with black screen at bootup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with black screen at bootup?: Powered my laptop on, only to find myself stuck at the loading bootup screen. Powered on/off until the Preparing Automatic Repair text appears under the loading circle, except it just cuts to a black screen with my cursor and winpeshl.exe Pried open my laptop and poked...
  10. black screen during bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen during bootup: During boot up I get a black screen for about 1 min then the login for my account. I notice a lot of hard drive activity during the black screen. I'm using amd-catalyst-15.10beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-oct12.exe (latest one). Win 10 works fine except for the black screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus zenbook bootup screen dispear