Windows 10: Slow browsing since install of 18965

Discus and support Slow browsing since install of 18965 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; All browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Brave, are "as slow as molasses going uphill on a cold day." I have tried all browsers singularly (at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AFTommy, Aug 27, 2019.

1. AFTommy Win User

Slow browsing since install of 18965

All browsers Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Brave, are "as slow as molasses going uphill on a cold day."
    I have tried all browsers singularly (at great pains installing & removing them) so one would not drag the other down.
    A few minutes ago I rebooted the computer, opened the Task Mgr, to make sure nothing was running. It took over two minutes for Chrome to open to my home page and a similar but a bit little longer time to seek out a page that I did a search for.
    All other browsers reacted with like results with Brave being the fastest but "nothing to write home about.".
    I am running Windows Security and it is my AV and Firewall and everything is updated.
    To put it bluntly I am running Windows 98 speeds with a dial up 4k modem. The only thing different is I don't hear the modem tones from back then.
    My Internet speed was 840 Meg down and 345 Meg Up.
    ALL HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED

:)

AFTommy, Aug 27, 2019

2. Brand New laptop - but browsing/internet SLOW - help

Hi Sonja,

Slow browsing and downloading concerns can be related to incorrect network configuration settings. If the issue is confined to using the mentioned browsers, it could be a result of profile or Windows Update corruption. Let us review some things to correctly
    address the issue. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Do you get a specific error message along with downloading or browsing the Internet?
    • How are you connected to the Internet? Is it wired or wireless?
    • Do you encounter the same difficulty using another profile?
    • What specific steps have you taken so far?

We will be waiting for your reply so we can move forward to resolving your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 27, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 27, 2019
  4. Slow browsing since install of 18965

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 27, 2019
Thema:

Slow browsing since install of 18965

1. Slow browsing since install of 18965 - Similar Threads - Slow browsing since

2. Freezing when browsing since HD replaced

in Browsers and Email
    Freezing when browsing since HD replaced: 20H2 A week or so ago my hard Drive failed and replaced by a SSD Windows 10 and other matters also without problem. I chose to update Chrome to the latest 64 bit version, but since then have occasions, when the screen freezes for Chrome and all else. Control- Alt- Delete is...
  3. Freezing when browsing since HD replaced

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing when browsing since HD replaced: 20H2 A week or so ago my hard Drive failed and replaced by a SSD Windows 10 and other matters also without problem. I chose to update Chrome to the latest 64 bit version, but since then have occasions, when the screen freezes for Chrome and all else. Control- Alt- Delete is...
  4. New PC very slow browsing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New PC very slow browsing.: Hi, I have a new PC (1 week) with 4GB ram - AMD Dual Core A4 and as it is sluggish with browsing I have done some speedtests with different Browsers and also the Win 10 App. My ISP is Virgin Media Up to 200 Mbps App: [ATTACH] Chrome: [ATTACH] Firefox: [ATTACH] Edge:...
  5. Slow browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow browsing: I have Windows 19 Pro Version 1903. Bowsing is extremely slow an all common browsers. When I scan my C-Disc I get results like this:[ATTACH] or like this:[ATTACH] When I start a repair program which corrects the errors, I have normal browsing speed for some time. But after...
  6. Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing Data Slow to Clear in Edge.: I have updated to Win V. 1903. Since the update it takes ages for Browsing Data to clear in Edge. Prior to the update it used to clear almost as soon as I clicked the button. Any thoughts please? 133872
  7. Internet browsing slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet browsing slow: Since a recent Windows 10 update I am experiencing extremely slow internet browsing and have problems with such as internet banking, and errors popping up saying there is a problem with most sites I am viewing, even though I know there is no problem as when I connect to same...
  8. Upgrade to 10 - Browsing Slow

in Browsers and Email
    Upgrade to 10 - Browsing Slow: Hi All, Upgraded my Windows machine to 10 last week. I didn't want to take any chances so I did a totally clean install. I haven't made any tweaks or installed any programs. My laptop is an ASUS dual core AMD with 4GB of memory and a 750GB hard drive. When I use...
  9. Slow shutdown since installing build 10586.3

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow shutdown since installing build 10586.3: So earlier today I installed the new build of Windows 10 and since then my shutdown time has increased to 1 minute 27 seconds. Strangely though my boot time is actually faster. Can someone help diagnose what might be wrong? I've checked my event viewer but for some strange...
  10. PC Slowed Since Installing Creators Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Slowed Since Installing Creators Edition: Yesterday my HP laptop was upgraded to Creators Edition from the prevailing earlier edition (with all updates. Since then my PC seems to have slowed. For example, when I mouse click on anything it takes about a second before the system responds. This happens when I click on a...