Windows 10: Slow Cold Boot on SSD

Discus and support Slow Cold Boot on SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi My problem is slow boot time on SSD (NVMe 960 EVO) for first boot but the warm boot is not bad! This happens after updating some drivers or Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by drjackool, Mar 1, 2019.

1. drjackool Win User

Slow Cold Boot on SSD

Hi

My problem is slow boot time on SSD (NVMe 960 EVO) for first boot but the warm boot is not bad! This happens after updating some drivers or Windows itself! Also i disabled SysMain service and not help.

Is there a way to measure which driver take long time to boot or some thing?

Thanks

:)

drjackool, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

slow ssd

Hi,

Slow SSD performance can be caused by several factors like Hybernation mode and Superfetch service.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try disabling Hibernate mode since it is unnecessary for the SSD system as it takes too much time to boot from it.

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Enter the administrator credentials once prompted.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type or copy and paste this command:

powercfg -h off
    • Press Enter.

Note: Once Hibernate is already disabled, you can also free up some space to improve its performance.

We also recommenddisabing Superfetch as one way to optimize the SSD performance:

• Press Windows key + R to open the Run
      dialog box.
    • Type services.msc and press Enter.
    • Scroll down and right-click on Superfetch.
    • Select Stop.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

*If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.*

Arjay Dom, Mar 1, 2019
  3. Windows 8.1 Pro Slow When Restarting But Cold Boot Is Fast

Recently restored Win 8.1 Pro onto a new SSD from a System Image after old SSD failed. System boots up from cold to Windows desktop in about 8 seconds, and a few apps load during the next 8 to 10 seconds. The system is quick and responsive with no apparent
    problems. Shutdown takes only a few seconds, so no problem there, either. BUT, if I tell Windows to Restart it takes over a full minute. Have already tried unplugging all connected devices and disabled fast start in Power Options, to no avail. Can anyone suggest
    a solution, please?

starvinmarvin, Mar 1, 2019
  4. schnob Win User

Slow Cold Boot on SSD

Slow Boot With W10, Samsung SSD

I have a Gigabyte P-35x v4 with an i7 5700HQ, 16 gbs of RAM and a Samsung 850 EVO ssd.

Initially, doing a clean install of the latest Windows 10 iso, it booted in less than ten seconds. After fully booting and installing updates, it now takes about a minute and forty seconds, with most of the time spend sitting at the Gigabyte splash screen.
    I have been unable to find the culprit.

I have tried doing a clean boot and it takes just as long, so it's not any third party services.

I have taken out every other drive, so it's not trying to boot off of another type of media.

I have reformatted, repartitioned and reinstalled Windows multiple times as well.

The ssd performs great otherwise, it's just very slow to boot.

Any suggestions?

schnob, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Slow Cold Boot on SSD

1. Slow Cold Boot on SSD - Similar Threads - Slow Cold Boot

2. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. slow boot time on ssd

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow boot time on ssd: Hi all, I know there are a wide range of posts about this issue but I couldn't find any direct solution.. I have a laptop with i7 8750h, 16gb ram and 512gb intel 7600p ssd. Boot time takes about 50 seconds, some times 40. Here is the link of Windows Performance Recorder test...
  5. Cold boot takes 2 minutes, slow motion wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cold boot takes 2 minutes, slow motion wheel: Almost every time after shutting down overnight and starting the computer in the morning Windows 10 loads extremely slowly with a "slow motion" (low framerate) loading wheel/spinner. Only ever happens on a cold boot after a long time being off. Apparently this started...
  6. Slow Boot on SSD

Slow Boot on SSD: Hi, I recently upgraded from an FX 8350 to a ryzen 5 1600x. This meant getting a new Mobo etc. With it came an SSD from Adata (120gb). I decided to install windows on the ssd and keep my 1tb HDD for games etc. I wiped the HDD (full clean, not quick one) and then installed...
  7. BSOD on cold boot.

BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  8. Slow warm boot & Fast cold boot

Slow warm boot & Fast cold boot: Hello, My Lenovo laptop is pretty fast at cold boot. It takes about 12 seconds from initial bios screen to desktop. On the other hand, warm boot is really slow. The same period takes about 51 seconds, involving a long black screen. Actually, it was similiar at...
  9. slow cold boot (sometimes)

slow cold boot (sometimes): Ok, have a Sabertooth x79/3930k and an Intel 750ssd 1.2tb. Sometimes on a cold boot it will take say 15 seconds to load to desktop and sometimes over double that 30 seconds or so. Also it warm boots consistently in the 30 second range. Any help to understand the cold...
  10. Cold boot issues

Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ssd cold boot time

2. is hibernate bad for ssd

3. win 10 ssd slow cold boot with hybernation off

4. win 10 ssd slow boot with hybernation off