Windows 10: Slow Computer after downloading Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Slow Computer after downloading Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My husband and I have downloaded the latest update for Windows 10. Since then both of our computers are running extremely slowly. As an example, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rufatto, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Rufatto Win User

Slow Computer after downloading Windows 10 Update

My husband and I have downloaded the latest update for Windows 10. Since then both of our computers are running extremely slowly. As an example, it took 5 minutes for a Word document to download today. I have another laptop which is running Windows 10, but I have not updated that one. It works fine. HELP!!!

:)

Rufatto, Mar 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow Computer after downloading Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Slow Computer downloading

2. Computer slow after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer slow after Windows Update: Hi everyone,In the past few weeks, I've been having some computer trouble. Every time Windows installs an update, my computer is extremely slow upon reboot. I end up having to rollback the update from the Advanced Startup menu. I ran SFC multiple times, but no integrity...
  3. Computer slow after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer slow after Windows Update: Hi everyone,In the past few weeks, I've been having some computer trouble. Every time Windows installs an update, my computer is extremely slow upon reboot. I end up having to rollback the update from the Advanced Startup menu. I ran SFC multiple times, but no integrity...
  4. After update to Windows 10 Computer deathly slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update to Windows 10 Computer deathly slow: I just updated a desktop computer to windows 10 from windows 8.1. It's a custom build that someone who used to work in my office built a few years ago. According to the system information it meets the requirements for running Windows 10 but everything is deathly slow. I...
  5. After update to Windows 10 Computer deathly slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update to Windows 10 Computer deathly slow: I just updated a desktop computer to windows 10 from windows 8.1. It's a custom build that someone who used to work in my office built a few years ago. According to the system information it meets the requirements for running Windows 10 but everything is deathly slow. I...
  6. After update to Windows 10 Computer deathly slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer slow after update

Computer slow after update: After the last update I immediately noticed that my computer was taking much longer to load my starting apps. What once took 5 seconds now sometimes takes up to a minute! After a bit of use, I found that the same applied to not just startup, but everything. Loading steam,...
  8. slow computer after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    slow computer after update: i had the same issue after an update but my update number wasnt the same as the one everyone else is complaining about. i couldnt find an update to match that one. however microsoft edge had been installed on the my computer and although i am having issues with uninstalling...
  9. Slow download speed on Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow download speed on Windows 10 computer: For the last month or so, I have noticed that my Windows 10 PC is getting way slower than usual download speeds. I have a 400+ mbps connection and when I do download speed tests (speedtest.net, fast.com, testmy.net) I am now getting somewhere between 100 and 200 mbps. The...
  10. Slow computer after Windows update

Slow computer after Windows update: Computer running Windows 10 is slow after latest update. Opening any app, typing in Outlook, etc. is slow; I often get a "not responding" message for several seconds before something happens. I cleaned up old files, stopped some background apps; no effect....