Windows 10: Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade

Discus and support Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop computer has become considerably slower following the recent Win 10 upgrade. Is there any way I can disable background processes so I do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Brent Doncliff, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade

My desktop computer has become considerably slower following the recent Win 10 upgrade. Is there any way I can disable background processes so I do not get the screen lag and slow boot up? Also, how do I check the health of my SSD and RAM?

:)

Brent Doncliff, Sep 4, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Windows Update 10 v1903 - Slow PC

Hi,

I recently attempted to install Windows 10 v1903.

The installation failed - for an unknown reason - and my PC began to run significantly slower.

I attempted to restart the PC but found everything exceptionally laggy - dragging windows around had seconds before responding.

I read up online and disconnected USB's and attempted to reinstall Windows 10 Update v1903. This time it again failed. I attempted to roll back to v1809.

The PC has been slow ever since - I figured perhaps a driver or something got corrupted. I reinstalled Windows and I reinstalled my previous versions of graphics drivers. This has yet to work.

Finally, I attempted to reinstall windows 10 v1903 and the download has lasted 8h+

Why is my computer now so much slower? And how in the world to I undo the changes which made this happen, when all things considered, nothing should be in a state where it was unaltered?

(I am writing this as v1903 is installing. I suspect I will get a reply to this before it completes, and if not I'm happy to answer any responses with if the installation succeeded).

Finally, to demonstrate the issue, I was able to play Rage 2 on Ultra settings and getting FPS of 70-80. After this mishap I'm lucky if I get 30. Similarly, the game Warhammer Total War 2, times out due to how long the launch takes (was around 20 seconds to
    now being 15 minutes+)

SebastianGregersen, Sep 4, 2019
  4. ydde1997 Win User

Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade

V1903 effects on Computer

More of a comment than a question. Installed V1903 non 6-7-2019 then found out the usage of the HDD rose from about 60 gb to over 340 gb.The capacity of the HDD is 450 gb. The 60 gb has been study for years, and only after installing V1903 did it increase.
    My microsoft disk cleanup won't work, and both ccleaner and wisecare "lockup" when trying to delete temp. files. Otherwise the computer seems to work OK and all of my files and documents are okay.

I tried to revert back to V1809 but the recovery program stated that the files had been deleted so revert to 1809 is impossible( I have not deleted any files!!!!) Suggestions will be appreciated but the computer is still working so it is not a big problem
    . I have never heard of this before.

ydde1997, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade

1. Slow computer after recent Win10 v1903 upgrade - Similar Threads - Slow computer recent

2. Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer running slow after windows 10 upgrade: I recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 pro on older acer aspire one AOD257 computer but its running slow when I bring up programs. Should I do a repair or reinstall windows10?. Or is there something else I can do first?. I have updated everything I could think...
  3. Why is my Win10 v1903 upgraded to v2004 and not to v1909?

Why is my Win10 v1903 upgraded to v2004 and not to v1909?: My Win10 v1903 system is upgraded directly to v2004. Why isn't it upgraded at first to v1909 ? How can I tell Win10 for the next feature update to step forward only 1 version and NOT 2 (=not to skip one version)? Peter 165373
  4. upgraded my computer to win10

upgraded my computer to win10: upgraded my computer to win10 now it so lags it sucks wont load drivers for 5 min. after a restart so slow hardware 32gig ram and 1t harddrive, amd processor of 4600hz why is this loading so slow?...
  5. Startup programs slow to load after Win10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup programs slow to load after Win10 upgrade: I have my computer workstation at my office set up to automatically start Outlook and Autodesk Revit (architectural design software) when I log in each morning. The machine stays on all the time, but I log out in the evening and then log back on in the morning. This is a...
  6. computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer slow after upgrade to Windows 10: After upgrade computer works strange. User applications generally start relatively fast. System apps start extremely slow. If I type something in search line it give me black window and responses after couple of minutes. During this time "Host Process for Windows Tasks" start...
  7. After Win10 upgrade now the computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Win10 upgrade now the computer: After upgrading my Desktop PC to Windows 10 Pro I decided to upgrade a few things on my self build desktop box. I had an old GSkull SSD 120GB as C: running just OS and some programs.I bought a new Samsung EVO 860 SSD 250GB drive for $49. The Samsung Migration software worked...
  8. No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No printer driver after upgrade to Win V1903: Win 10 v1903 (upgrade 3 days ago). Wireless printer HP ENVY Photo 6255. I have 3 PCs - two have been on v1903 for quite awhile and the wireless printer works fine from those PCs. Those PCs were already on v1903 when this new printer was added to the network. The wireless...
  9. Can no longer adjust sound after v1903 upgrade

Can no longer adjust sound after v1903 upgrade: I finally got Windows 10 version 1903 installed. But now I can't adjust the sound anymore. I used to have a program or driver that came with the computer called HP Audio Control. With it I could increase the high frequencies for either the laptop speakers or the headphones....
  10. V1903 effects on Computer

V1903 effects on Computer: More of a comment than a question. Installed V1903 non 6-7-2019 then found out the usage of the HDD rose from about 60 gb to over 340 gb.The capacity of the HDD is 450 gb. The 60 gb has been study for years, and only after installing V1903 did it increase. My microsoft disk...