Windows 10: slow computer / busy cpu

Discus and support slow computer / busy cpu in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; according to task manager, even when computer is idle, CPU is running 94-99%, memory .4%, HD ,4. network 0, mostly from system HP laptop I-3 cpu, 1 tb... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ROBERTROSENBLAD, Apr 26, 2020.

1. slow computer / busy cpu

according to task manager, even when computer is idle, CPU is running 94-99%, memory .4%, HD ,4. network 0, mostly from system

HP laptop I-3 cpu, 1 tb ssd, 8 gb memory. win, 10, 64 gb,

removed almost every program, scanned with 10 different virus & malware software programs.

computer still works, but slow and freezes a lot.

:)

ROBERTROSENBLAD, Apr 26, 2020

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    CPU / CPU Processor problems / Processor affinity

We appreciate the information you provided. Your processor is working as expected. CPU affinity is only showing CPU (0) since 1 processor is working at the moment. It's very likely that your computer is using a balanced power plan, so we suggest changing
    your power plan to High Performance by following these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Choose High Performance.

In addition to that, we recommend installing the latest updates to keep your system current and secure. Go to
    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.

Some programs may also be automatically launching whenever you boot your computer, affecting the performance. To disable them, follow these steps:

• Right-click your taskbar.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Under the Startup tab, find the programs that you don't need.
    • Right-click the program and choose Disable.

You're also using your computer for a game that was designed to run on an earlier version of Windows, so it's possible that it's slowing down your computer. In this case, use the Compatibility Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with the program using
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose the program from the list and click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

slow computer / busy cpu

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

slow computer / busy cpu

1. slow computer / busy cpu - Similar Threads - slow computer busy

2. Slow computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow computer.: My computer is suddenly very slow. It started with Excel dogging. I closed Excel and re-booted the computer but the restart took way longer than it should. I'm guessing there is something in the background that is causing this. I'm not seeing anything in Task Manager under...
  3. Computer Slowing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Slowing: Hi, I recently had my computer go into the preparing automatic repair loop, and I gave it to a friend who got it fixed and recovered most of my files I am not quite sure regarding the actual process of repair and whatever he did . Everything works great, but there was one...
  4. Slow Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow Computer: Hi, just today, i did a clean install of windows, everything gone, I've noticed, everything is running slow, I've restarted, everything takes a while to process, i dont know why....
  5. CPU very slow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU very slow?: Hello! I noticed that when I'm doing anything thats not just browsing the internet, such as when I'm playing games or watching a stream, my CPU speed drops to 0.78hertz, and everything becomes slow and clunky. I have tried everything I have seen so far online, nothing works....
  6. Slow internet and slow computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow internet and slow computer: Hey everyone. My internet and my computer have started being slow recently(especially my internet). I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. What can I do? Thanks. submitted by /u/anihamud444 [link] [comments]...
  7. Slow Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Computer: My Computer has been progesivley becoming slower over the last few months, i've not added any new programs exept windows 10 updates. any sugestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-computer/35bac848-6d8b-4df7-870a-38a5c451f8c1
  8. Onedrive for business sync is super slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive for business sync is super slow: Hi Microsoft! I cant start of saying that I work for a big company that using Onedrive for business. I have been in contact with our IT department a lot regarding this issue but no one seems to know why its like this. My issue is that when I try to upload a document to...
  9. slow computer

slow computer: I bought a new HP desktop and it's very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-computer/34ccd5d0-d879-482e-b9f9-c69520e0b8b3
  10. Very slow computer with high end CPU and lots of RAM

Very slow computer with high end CPU and lots of RAM: Hello, I have a very big issue with Windows 10. Sometimes I feel that it is even slower than my Android phone with a small Snapdragon CPU. My CPU is 6-7 years old but is still more capable than a lot of junk CPUs on the market. Here is my configuration : Core i7 2960XM...