Windows 10: Slow computer, reinstalling windows didn't help...

Discus and support Slow computer, reinstalling windows didn't help... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is for a friend, so I can't post the exact specs, but I think 4gb ram and a slightly older CPU but nothing crazy. I have lower spec laptops that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zon03, Feb 27, 2020.

1. /u/zon03 Win User

Slow computer, reinstalling windows didn't help...

This is for a friend, so I can't post the exact specs, but I think 4gb ram and a slightly older CPU but nothing crazy. I have lower spec laptops that run fine on windows 10 so I don't think that is the problem...

Anyway, common situation... Her laptop got slower and slower until it became basically unusable, she formatted and reinstalled windows (10) but it is still unuseably slow...

Does anyone have any suggestions what other things we can do to try and fix this or trouble shoot what the problem is?

EDIT:
    Maybe I wasn't clear, but the laptop is basically so slow that it is unusable, most of the suggestions are good but don't seem to explain how a laptop on a fresh install of windows could run this bad. To be honest, I've never seen this type of problem persist after a fresh OS install...

submitted by /u/zon03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zon03, Feb 27, 2020

2. Notification didn´t appear

Windows 10 has ben released for 1 day and a half,and I didn´t get the notification for installing.I reserved it.Can anyone help me?

PS I am running Windows 7 and it´s up to date.

Megabladme, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Feb 27, 2020
  4. jasontyip Win User

Super Slow Computer, reinstalled Windows 7...still slow as a snail.

Did all of the above. The cooler comes with thermal paste installed. Wondering if there is something wrong with the cooler. No problems for a year, then all of a sudden SLOW DOWN.

jasontyip, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow computer, reinstalling windows didn't help... - Similar Threads - Slow computer reinstalling

2. Help with slow computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with slow computer: So I told a friend I needed help and he sent me a file that seemed sketchy but I still downloaded and used it and it worked fine but then my pc started slowing down absurdly and I thought that I have a virus. I resetted my computer in hopes that it would fix it up but it's...
  3. Help with slow computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with slow computer: So I told a friend I needed help and he sent me a file that seemed sketchy but I still downloaded and used it and it worked fine but then my pc started slowing down absurdly and I thought that I have a virus. I resetted my computer in hopes that it would fix it up but it's...
  4. Windows 10 crashes randomly. Even reinstallation didn't help. Suspecting hardware to be to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes randomly. Even reinstallation didn't help. Suspecting hardware to be to...: Dealing with this since recently. Random restarts and logs with different errors that support cant address. BugcheckCode59BugcheckParameter10xc0000005BugcheckParameter20xfffff80318948b6aBugcheckParameter30xfffff3883ef9ba90https://postimg.cc/F7Zz5v7k 3 crashes in 3 hours on...
  5. Windows 10 crashes randomly. Even reinstallation didn't help. Suspecting hardware to be to...

Windows 10 crashes randomly. Even reinstallation didn't help. Suspecting hardware to be to...: Dealing with this since recently. Random restarts and logs with different errors that support cant address. BugcheckCode59BugcheckParameter10xc0000005BugcheckParameter20xfffff80318948b6aBugcheckParameter30xfffff3883ef9ba90https://postimg.cc/F7Zz5v7k 3 crashes in 3 hours on...
  6. Windows 10 crashes randomly. Even reinstallation didn't help. Suspecting hardware to be to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Help! Computer freezes while reinstalling windows

Help! Computer freezes while reinstalling windows: So i've been having problems with my computer and thought it would be good to optimize my computer by reinstalling windows while still keeping all of my files, my computer is saying "Installing Windows." im at 83 % and then it decides to freeze, would it be alright to shut...
  8. Help! Computer freezes while reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help! Computer freezes while reinstalling windows: So i've been having problems with my computer and thought it would be good to optimize my computer by reinstalling windows while still keeping all of my files, my computer is saying "Installing Windows." im at 83 % and then it decides to freeze, would it be alright to shut...
  9. Is Windows slowing down my computer because I didn't update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Windows slowing down my computer because I didn't update?: This has happened to me a few times now, and I haven't found anyone talking about it. I've been postponing the latest update for Windows 10, because my computer would have to reboot and I'd rather keep the programs opened I've been working with. But slowly but surely, the...
  10. Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD's for a year now, many windows-reinstalls didn't help: Hello everyone, After having BSOD's for over a year now, and trying several options, I turned to this channel as a last hope option. I purchased my PC over two years ago - assembled In Store. It was an Intel Core I7-5930K, H110GT cooling, 32GB Corsair vengeance LPX DDR4...