Windows 10: Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory...

Discus and support Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The subject is all about how my PC is performing, however when I carry out a memory diagnostic on basic it's pretty fast, on standard a little slower,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StuartPDFraser, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory...

The subject is all about how my PC is performing, however when I carry out a memory diagnostic on basic it's pretty fast, on standard a little slower, on extended it stops at (Running test pass 1 of 2: 21% complete - Overall test status: 10% complete) it sit at this from 13h27 to 16h10 why; also if you can solve some of my problems one would be very appreciative

:)

StuartPDFraser, Jan 8, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jan 8, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Exe file slow to open

Possible... I had Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm, both, on different machines & times, misbehavin' and had to re-install them to set them right.
    Even after cleaning them out and re-setting them; they would still bog the file access times down and cause Windows Explorer (not ie) to be slow on opening and accessing, until re-installed.

If he turns off real-time detection it will not make any difference, as he has already been opening the file... he would/should have gotten an alert or warning if there were a problem with the file he is testing with.

Probably not; but, how much ram?
    What version of Windows?
    Where is you swap file located? What size?
    How full are your drives?
    What processor?
    Have you got the latest firmware for your SSD?
    Are your drivers up to date?
    Is your MB bios current?

Is the file an installation file, video file, etc? Does it use compression?

You need to goto User CP and put your system info there and then check the box to show the specs. The info will go a long way in helping some to diagnose your possible problem(s).

95Viper, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Tintai Win User

Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory...

Exe file slow to open

Anything.

Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory... [​IMG]

I think it's ok but why installers open slow? I remember that on my old computer this operation was faster.

Tintai, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory...

1. Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory... - Similar Threads - Slow computer slow

2. Computer slow downs crashes bsod etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer slow downs crashes bsod etc.: So lately I have been getting a ton of bsod's mostly driver_irql_not_less_or_equal and it doesn't tell me what failed. My computer has also been having constant 100% disk usage and I can barely do anything on my computer now because it keeps lagging and everything takes...
  3. Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc: I TRIED EVERY STUPID THING IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET. - Right CLick refresh on desktop (no) - Delete icon cache and every IconCache.db ****. (no) - revamp the last WIN Update (didnt worked) - installed the latest update (didnt work) - use "cleanmgr.exe" to remove...
  4. "open with" and opening of files slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    "open with" and opening of files slow: I have a problem were files associated for example with Word or Acrobat reader are slow to open. It seems Windows is confused which app to choose and takes long. If I reopen the same file it will open instantly or open another file with the app already open Also the "Open...
  5. Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc: Hi all, I have selected certain file types / folders and locations in Windows Defender on Windows 10 that were added to the exclusions lists... Previously I could go to Windows Defender and see what files, folders or extensions I had excluded but now they have...
  6. microsoft account, lost password, locked PC, etc. etc. etc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft account, lost password, locked PC, etc. etc. etc.: I have Windows 7 so had no idea how screwed up this could get. I've googled this for 3 hours and the simplest of answers will never be provided. No one seems to be able to think thoroughly on this. My 90 yr old dad has a hosed PC. It now has his login screen associated...
  7. file edit view etc

in Browsers and Email
    file edit view etc: Using Bing, can you get like file,edit, view? On internet exployer I got these by pressing Alt and right click at toolbars. thanks carol 21925
  8. 100% disc usage on Windows 10, Slow PC, superfetch, MSI etc disabled ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    100% disc usage on Windows 10, Slow PC, superfetch, MSI etc disabled ?: Hello, I have a problem with my computer, It became very slow lately. The main symptom is that the disc usage is always at 100% (with in reality only 10 Mo/s). I have already tried many things that were unsuccessful : - Clean disk and registry - run Malware Byte...
  9. Deleting .ETC files

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting .ETC files: I came across a folder which was reported as empty and tried to delete it. I had to take ownership but still could not delete it --- then found it had around 10 MB of .ETC log files relating to such things as incorrect shutdown from last year and this year. Can I delete these...
  10. Fonts etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts etc: I don't know about you but I am finding this messy and maddening. In Win.7 you could modify the font for the windows, both size and font itself. Win 10 will not all me to modify size, which is stuck on 9pt, and there is no option shown to change the font to Times from...