Windows 10: Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory...

Discus and support Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The subject is all about how my PC is performing, however when I carry out a memory diagnostic on basic it's pretty fast, on standard a little slower,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StuartPDFraser, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory...

The subject is all about how my PC is performing, however when I carry out a memory diagnostic on basic it's pretty fast, on standard a little slower, on extended it stops at (Running test pass 1 of 2: 21% complete - Overall test status: 10% complete) it sit at this from 13h27 to 16h10 why; also if you can solve some of my problems one would be very appreciative

:)

StuartPDFraser, Jan 8, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jan 8, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Exe file slow to open

Possible... I had Kaspersky and ZoneAlarm, both, on different machines & times, misbehavin' and had to re-install them to set them right.
    Even after cleaning them out and re-setting them; they would still bog the file access times down and cause Windows Explorer (not ie) to be slow on opening and accessing, until re-installed.

If he turns off real-time detection it will not make any difference, as he has already been opening the file... he would/should have gotten an alert or warning if there were a problem with the file he is testing with.

Probably not; but, how much ram?
    What version of Windows?
    Where is you swap file located? What size?
    How full are your drives?
    What processor?
    Have you got the latest firmware for your SSD?
    Are your drivers up to date?
    Is your MB bios current?

Is the file an installation file, video file, etc? Does it use compression?

You need to goto User CP and put your system info there and then check the box to show the specs. The info will go a long way in helping some to diagnose your possible problem(s).

95Viper, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Tintai Win User

Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory...

Exe file slow to open

Anything.

Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory... [​IMG]

I think it's ok but why installers open slow? I remember that on my old computer this operation was faster.

Tintai, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory...

1. Slow computer: slow typing: slow opening files etc., recovery etc etc - Windows memory... - Similar Threads - Slow computer slow

2. Slow loading of audio files wav, mp3, etc after windows 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow loading of audio files wav, mp3, etc after windows 2004 update: I'm having this issue after the update. Only when I go to a folder that have's more than 5 audio files, explorer starts to load every single file in a very slow way, and it won't allow me to go back to another folder or to close that same folder until it loads every single...
  3. Windows cannot access etc. etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access etc. etc.: Am running WIN 10 Home with latest updates. When I try to access a programm, WorldNavaids, I get the following message. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. I have, in the properties section...
  4. Windows 10 slows to boot, slow to load desktop icons and icons in the taskbar, etc..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slows to boot, slow to load desktop icons and icons in the taskbar, etc..: Hi I'll try and explain it as good as I can Recently Windows 7's support has ended, I still use Windows 7 and then just upgrade it to Windows 10 At first the PC has no problems at all but a few days later, well The boot time is so slow, when the desktop appears theres no...
  5. My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My insterent connection has suddenly become unstable, slow etc..: My internet connection has become unstable and will disconnect periodically . The "trouble shooter" does not detect any problems. I have had to reset the modem several times turn on/off. Spectrum, my internet/cable company had some service issue syesterday which fixed the...
  6. disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disk running a lot, slowing down opening browser, etc: I googled it and it said to close windows search. That helped, but the drive still keeps running. If I go to email thunderbird or browser firefox it takes a long time to open. Sometimes it just runs for no reason. I would GREATLY appreciate help, bothersome....
  7. Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???: Hello. First of all, on a scale from 1 to 10, my computer skills are about 3+/-. So be gentle please. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My IP gives me free McAfee Internet Security with my plan. I see so many conflicting views regarding the idea that all one...
  8. Slow start up etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow start up etc: Slow sign in plus have to restart several times before I can get to startup page. Installed new drivers that were renewed but still have the problem with starting up. Can I get answers from this year and not from the past 3 or 4 , that didn't give me any answers that took...
  9. Computer is slow because of updates, scans, etc.

Computer is slow because of updates, scans, etc.: How do I keep my computer from doing update work (downloading, install, searching, etc.) when I need to use my computer? It also works on scans and other "house-keeping" tasks. How can I set my computer to only work on these when I am not using the computer?...
  10. Computer slow downs crashes bsod etc.

Computer slow downs crashes bsod etc.: So lately I have been getting a ton of bsod's mostly driver_irql_not_less_or_equal and it doesn't tell me what failed. My computer has also been having constant 100% disk usage and I can barely do anything on my computer now because it keeps lagging and everything takes...