Windows 10: slow computer

Discus and support slow computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, The problem I'm having is when I turn my lap top on it takes like 5 - 10 minutes to get to my opening page. When I do get there trying to get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by terridavis1, Sep 8, 2018.

1. slow computer

Hello, The problem I'm having is when I turn my lap top on it takes like 5 - 10 minutes to get to my opening page. When I do get there trying to get a web site is the same thing. Please HELP!

:)

terridavis1, Sep 8, 2018

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 8, 2018
  4. slow computer

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

slow computer

1. slow computer - Similar Threads - slow computer

2. Darshan Hiranandani : How do I troubleshoot a slow or unresponsive Windows computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Darshan Hiranandani : How do I troubleshoot a slow or unresponsive Windows computer?: Hii, I'm Darshan Hiranandani, How do you suggest troubleshooting a slow or unresponsive Windows computer? Your insights and experiences are highly valued....
  3. Darshan Hiranandani : How do I troubleshoot a slow or unresponsive Windows computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Darshan Hiranandani : How do I troubleshoot a slow or unresponsive Windows computer?: Hii, I'm Darshan Hiranandani, How do you suggest troubleshooting a slow or unresponsive Windows computer? Your insights and experiences are highly valued....
  4. Very slow internet access for one of my computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow internet access for one of my computers: My computer is running Windows 10 Pro but can't seem to get a stable access to the internet. Most times I get a "can't reach the internet" type of response after it times out. Other times it eventually connects.Pings within my network vary from 2ms to several thousand ms,...
  5. Very slow internet access for one of my computers

Very slow internet access for one of my computers: My computer is running Windows 10 Pro but can't seem to get a stable access to the internet. Most times I get a "can't reach the internet" type of response after it times out. Other times it eventually connects.Pings within my network vary from 2ms to several thousand ms,...
  6. Very slow internet access for one of my computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Help with slow computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with slow computer: So I told a friend I needed help and he sent me a file that seemed sketchy but I still downloaded and used it and it worked fine but then my pc started slowing down absurdly and I thought that I have a virus. I resetted my computer in hopes that it would fix it up but it's...
  8. Help with slow computer

Help with slow computer: So I told a friend I needed help and he sent me a file that seemed sketchy but I still downloaded and used it and it worked fine but then my pc started slowing down absurdly and I thought that I have a virus. I resetted my computer in hopes that it would fix it up but it's...
  9. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer: Since last year, I have been experiencing too many failed Windows Service updates. It is slowing down my computer and I can not stop it. Even my Avast anti virus has stopped working.Please help me solve this. Thank you...
  10. Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer

Too many failed Windows update slowing down my computer: Since last year, I have been experiencing too many failed Windows Service updates. It is slowing down my computer and I can not stop it. Even my Avast anti virus has stopped working.Please help me solve this. Thank you...