Windows 10: Slow data transfer rate

Discus and support Slow data transfer rate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't understand what the issue is. I'm moving 85gigs from one folder to another within the same folder on the same drive which is a hybrid drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gettheclicker, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Slow data transfer rate

I don't understand what the issue is. I'm moving 85gigs from one folder to another within the same folder on the same drive which is a hybrid drive and I've seen it go way faster but small or large it never goes over 55mb/s

:)

gettheclicker, Mar 6, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Slow internal hard drive transfer rates

Hi,

Please be informed that data transfer rates from hard drive to a computer or to other hard drive depends on several factors like size for data that being transferred; other tasks running in the background; RAM etc. You may install all pending Windows updates.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Also follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    Do let us know the performance of the computer. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 6, 2020
  3. LMiller7 Win User
    Understanding data transfer rates

The numbers in Task Manager and Resource Monitor make sense but I don't follow your calculations.

Task Manager is showing a raw transfer rate of 5.0 Mb/s. That is 5,000,000 bits per second. As there are 8 bits per byte that equates to 5,000,000/8 or 625,000 Bytes per second. That is considerably higher than the 483,000 shown in Resource Monitor but that is easily explained. Task Manager is showing the total data transferred over the network interface while Resource Monitor is showing the actual transfer rate to the file in question. TCP/IP is a complex protocol with multiple levels of overhead. 483,000/625,000=.7728, or about 77.28% transfer efficiency.

LMiller7, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Slow data transfer rate

Data Transfer in Windows 10 is dead slow

I installed Windows 10 on New Acer Laptop. Initially data transfer on windows 10 between internal hdd and external hdd was above 130MB/sec but now it is rarely touching 25MB/sec.

I looked on forums but could get any answer. On my home computer which is Windows 7 transfer rate is above 120 . What might be the cause of this slowness

OmiPenguin, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Slow data transfer rate

1. Slow data transfer rate - Similar Threads - Slow data transfer

2. Hard drive transfer rate slow-help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive transfer rate slow-help: Sorry for my language ı am not native,Hi, I have a 1TB Internal Hard Drive of Toshiba brand it have 5400rpm in past it transfer rate used to go 60 to 80 m/b continuously, but now it start from 60 to 80 m/b for only one second and degrade to 10 to 30 m/b. When I got this...
  3. transfer data is very slow - HELP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    transfer data is very slow - HELP: Hi. I have a really nice pc with great spec and several hard drives and ssds. The primary is an m.2, following by 1 ssd, 2 hd of 2tb 7200rpm and a backup one of 8tb. Im a apple user, but I decided to try windows. The first thing that Im trying to do is to copy my files to...
  4. VERY Slow file Copy Transfer Rate

VERY Slow file Copy Transfer Rate: I am not sure if I am having a software setting or hardware issue. I just installed a new SSD in my laptop no problem there, instead of wasting the original 2TB HDD I bought a CDROM Caddy to replace the CDROM drive. The 2TB HDD is secured in the caddy and connected via the...
  5. Slow data transfer speed

Slow data transfer speed: I bought HP-15dk0045tx recently with 8 gb ram. Afer two months i have data transfer speed issue. My pc transfers data to USB at less than 2 mbp. i have tried at 3.0 port but nothing changed. But same USB transfers data at good speed in other laptop. I m really worried...
  6. Abnormally Slow Data Transfer

Abnormally Slow Data Transfer: Within the past week transferring files has become extremely slow. Moving files around the speed fluctuates between 0 mb/s and 12 mb/s, but usually sticks to the lower end of the range and often drops to 0 mb/s for seconds at a time. I have this issue no matter if I'm copying...
  7. What is the maximum bit-rate, khz resolution, and data transfer rate of a TOSLINK fiber...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the maximum bit-rate, khz resolution, and data transfer rate of a TOSLINK fiber...: Hello, I recently got a pair of speakers that support playing digital audio at 24-bit 192khz resolution. I'm planning to purchase a new audio card and install it on my PC and want to get one with a TOSLINK optical output because it's the only one my speakers support that...
  8. Slow USB Transfer rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow USB Transfer rate: My lappie has USB3 ports. Or course I know the clock down to whatever device you attach. I have a 500G Seagate External rated at USB2. Meaning my transfers should be 480 megabits per second (mbps), or 60 megabytes per second (MBps), correct? So why am I getting half that...
  9. Understanding data transfer rates

Understanding data transfer rates: Greetings - with much trepidation about whatever it is I'm not grasping, I humbly ask for some help here. While 'watching' a large download (a game) on Task Manager and Resource Monitor, I see different data transfer rates in different units. Task Manager may indicate I'm...
  10. Slow transfer rates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow transfer rates: Been dealing with this for awhile and I'm honestly not sure what could be causing it. So this happens when I'm moving files/folders from my PC to my external drive - [img] The speeds are good for about 5 seconds then it 'throttles' to literally 30kb/s or lower....