Windows 10: Slow/delay/stuck/freeze transfer rate when move files

Discus and support Slow/delay/stuck/freeze transfer rate when move files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem when I moved files from drive to drive I have 3 drives include - SSD1 which come with notebook - SSD2 Samsung EVO 970 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chadchayut P., Jan 27, 2019.

1. Slow/delay/stuck/freeze transfer rate when move files

Hello,

I have a problem when I moved files from drive to drive

I have 3 drives include
    - SSD1 which come with notebook
    - SSD2 Samsung EVO 970
    and HDD which come with notebook

At first, I moved files from SSD1 to HDD and it was very slow
    It has many cases include
    - stuck at 0% for some minutes and continue and stop for long time, then continue
    - nothing pop up for for some minutes and then continue to transfer files
    - move until 50-60%, then stop
    and many cases but total time is abnormal even if I moved small file or large file
    but sometimes files moves normal speed

even if I moves from HDD to SSD1 or SS1 to SS2, it still slow (SSD to SSD, it's not often slow)

I check with HD tune, transfer rate of HDD is very slow ( <1 MB/s)
    for SSD not slow but speed drop(300-400MB/s for SSD1 and 600-700 MB/s for SSD2)
    sometime program HD tune stop working(no respond)

this problem occured when I re-install window10 and I brought this notebook just 1 month ago

Please help me solve this problem, thank you

:)

Chadchayut P., Jan 27, 2019

2. How to change the drag & drop default bit rate to transfer audio files?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community and sorry for the delayed response.

In order to assist you better could you please confirm a couple of things:

• While dragging and dropping do you get an option to change the bit transfer rate?
    • If yes, have you tried changing the bit rate?
    If you get an option I suggest you to try changing the bit rate manually while dragging and dropping and check if this helps. Also please be informed that its by default your files are being transferred with the bit rate 160 kbps. So you may leave a feedback
    by using the Windows feedback App.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 27, 2019
  3. ALuidens Win User
    Windows 10 Freezes; SSD's transfer rate goes to 100%

Hi,

I am experiencing the same exact problem.

• Dell Latitude E5520
    • Windows 10 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.953)
    • Seagate Momentus XT 500GB (Booting Drive, Disk 0, based on combination 4GB SSD and the rest is HDD).
      • The last few months it was freezing briefly (within a minute or so) and then unfreezes. All activities that do not need to access the drive can be done normally while frozen up to some point.
    • Crucial MX300 SSD 525GB Booting Drive (Disk 0), recently bought to replace the above 'aging' Seagate.
      • Freeze after a few operations and remains frozen until Power Recycled.
      • Disk Active Time spikes to 100% while Disk Transfer Rate is 0 or minimal.
      • All activities that do not need to access the drive can be done normally while frozen up to some point.
    • I have not tried replacing the Microsoft generic SATA driver yet.
    Hope the above helps pin-pointing the issues. I would greatly appreciate assistance in how to replace the SATA driver, if there is no cure from Microsoft yet.

Thank you in advance!

UPDATE:

Applied KB4015438. Same issue:

• All activities that do not need to access the drive can be done normally while frozen up to some point.

UPDATE (03/27/2017):

Applied KB4016635. Issue persists:

Replaced Microsoft Generic SATA Driver to OEM (Intel) Driver. System has been stable since 03/26/2017 15:10.

ALuidens, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Slow/delay/stuck/freeze transfer rate when move files

Slow as LAN transfer rate

We've managed to fix this problem, by only doing network transfers one way.

If she copies files from over the network, she now gets 12MB/s - at 90-100% CPU usage. If we try and copy files to her PC, it slows to 3MB/s and her CPU lags out.

Mussels, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Slow/delay/stuck/freeze transfer rate when move files

1. Slow/delay/stuck/freeze transfer rate when move files - Similar Threads - Slow delay stuck

2. Hard drive transfer rate slow-help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive transfer rate slow-help: Sorry for my language ı am not native,Hi, I have a 1TB Internal Hard Drive of Toshiba brand it have 5400rpm in past it transfer rate used to go 60 to 80 m/b continuously, but now it start from 60 to 80 m/b for only one second and degrade to 10 to 30 m/b. When I got this...
  3. Slow file transfer

Slow file transfer: I have an issue with slow file transfer (windows 10). I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1.If launched from local drive works perfect 2.If launched from mapped drive (same folder on the same hdd) works very slow 3.If...
  4. Delay when moving or deleting files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay when moving or deleting files: Hey everyone, I just did a lot of upgrades to my PC, and did a fresh install of Windows. I started running into a small problem that I haven't seen before. Whenever I move a file to another directory or delete it, there is a ~2 second delay. The transfer window will pop up,...
  5. Slow data transfer rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow data transfer rate: I don't understand what the issue is. I'm moving 85gigs from one folder to another within the same folder on the same drive which is a hybrid drive and I've seen it go way faster but small or large it never goes over 55mb/s 151820
  6. VERY Slow file Copy Transfer Rate

VERY Slow file Copy Transfer Rate: I am not sure if I am having a software setting or hardware issue. I just installed a new SSD in my laptop no problem there, instead of wasting the original 2TB HDD I bought a CDROM Caddy to replace the CDROM drive. The 2TB HDD is secured in the caddy and connected via the...
  7. File transfer freezing

File transfer freezing: Whenever I try to transfer large files between my PC and my network drive, Windows 10 file transfer window freezes and fails to connect to my network drive. I am experience the same thing when using robocopy. I have to remove my network drive from the map drives and re-add...
  8. Slow USB Transfer rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow USB Transfer rate: My lappie has USB3 ports. Or course I know the clock down to whatever device you attach. I have a 500G Seagate External rated at USB2. Meaning my transfers should be 480 megabits per second (mbps), or 60 megabytes per second (MBps), correct? So why am I getting half that...
  9. Slow Internet When Transferring Files

Slow Internet When Transferring Files: i've notice over the last few weeks when i'm moving or copying a large amount of files to a drive and go to browse the net while i wait for the files to finish moving / copying it takes forever for pages to load. i've never seen this behavior before. does anyone know if this...
  10. Slow transfer rates

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow transfer rates: Been dealing with this for awhile and I'm honestly not sure what could be causing it. So this happens when I'm moving files/folders from my PC to my external drive - [img] The speeds are good for about 5 seconds then it 'throttles' to literally 30kb/s or lower....