Windows 10: Slow delete of desktop icons

Discus and support Slow delete of desktop icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sometimes, when I try to delete a desktop shortcut icon, I get a message like "recycling Filename", which goes away in a few seconds. Then the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tcebob, May 10, 2019.

1. tcebob Win User

Slow delete of desktop icons

Sometimes, when I try to delete a desktop shortcut icon, I get a message like "recycling Filename", which goes away in a few seconds. Then the icon stays in place for several seconds and finally disappears. Other times -- mostly -- the icon disappears immediately. Why the delay?

:)

tcebob, May 10, 2019
  2. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Slow delete of desktop icons :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, May 10, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, May 10, 2019
  4. Slow delete of desktop icons

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Slow delete of desktop icons

1. Slow delete of desktop icons - Similar Threads - Slow delete desktop

2. Icons Very Slow to fill in on Desktop+ fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Very Slow to fill in on Desktop+ fix?: Hi. I have upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 and when i start up the Desktop Icons fill in "INSTANTLY". I also have a laptop with windows 10 and it takes a long time to fill in the Desktop Icons. Is there anything that can be done to make the icons come up instantly like...
  3. Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'!

in Windows 10 Support
    Camera Roll Icon on Desktop will not stay 'DELETED'!: For some reason, and I think it was a Win10 Update that caused it, the 'Camera Roll' Shortcut keeps coming back onto the Desktop Screen when I delete it. I read a much older post where it seemed to be linked to One Drive and a Photos App but One Drive is blocked from...
  4. Windows 10 deleted software and desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 deleted software and desktop icons: This is probably the worst operating system Microsoft has ever developed, Even worse than the Millennium, which was pretty bad. Somehow windows 10 installed it's self and I decided to try it....Then before the 30 days were up I wanted to uninstall. Guess what you only have 28...
  5. Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading: Hi all, I'm using an Intel SSD 240GB 520 series. Always loading very fast, i.e., about 8 seconds from cold boot. Since windows 10 is installed, boot time is about 20 seconds and desktop icons take some time to refresh and load their images. Regarding the boot time:...
  6. Delete desktop item but the icon stays

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete desktop item but the icon stays: Just that. I have several short cuts on the desktop, some of which are downloads. Once I have finished with the shortcut I delete it (I'm asked to confirm deletion) but the icon is still there. If I then try to delete it again I'm told that it doesn't exist or has moved....
  7. Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete Desktop Icons with a right click: Instead, I have to use the Delete button. Is this normal? 74701
  8. old desktop icons reappered - can't delete

in Windows 10 Support
    old desktop icons reappered - can't delete: I have a load of old shorcuts reappered on my desktop, they are not clickable so can't delete them & they are also not appearing in my desktop folder, i have tried to delete the thumbnail cache but had no luck, how can i get rid of theses? 47567
  9. Deleting Desktop Icons.

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting Desktop Icons.: I'm a bit uncertain about deleting desktop icons. I recently got two new kinds: downloaded youtube vids got put in desktop with an icon on the desktop. saved .txt files got saved to the desktop with an icon. I think I've found that if I right click and delete the...
  10. Deleted desktop icons by accident

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted desktop icons by accident: i was wiping down the keyboard and i deleted the icons i had on the desktop including recycle bin . How do i get it back. https://i.imgur.com/5EcpoxO.jpg . i tryed Restore Missing Desktop Icons in Windows 7, 8, or 10 23500