Windows 10: slow deletion of cache2 entries from the firefix LOCAL dir

Discus and support slow deletion of cache2 entries from the firefix LOCAL dir in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; has anyone ever dumped this with a VBS script instead of using the FF program itself? or deleted them just by pushing the delete button? attached is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamEvanovich2, Jan 17, 2021.

1. slow deletion of cache2 entries from the firefix LOCAL dir

has anyone ever dumped this with a VBS script instead of using the FF program itself? or deleted them just by pushing the delete button? attached is a shot of what I see when deleting all of them. this dir fills up so fast with junk, what I'm going to do is automate the deletion of all the junk on a basis that is very often. currently I dump all of it via VBS scripting, however I'm going to pick and choose what I want to save. but why is it taking me 5 min to delete 15,000 files? I've even got TeraCopy, but that is not initiated during the process shown in the image. that's only for copying. if I delete junk in other dirs that has this many files in it, it doesn't take near as long...thanks.

slow deletion of cache2 entries from the firefix LOCAL dir b5177851-cec6-4d26-9047-f9a5a75e4baa?upload=true.jpg

slow deletion of cache2 entries from the firefix LOCAL dir b5088e6c-9fdf-42e9-965f-f902fca8af17?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdamEvanovich2, Jan 17, 2021

2. dir Difficulties

I am getting the hang of this command set.

Maybe somebody know a work around that will list the three time stamps at one time.
    Theoretically dir /TC /TA /TW.
    dir will only show one of the three at one time.

To me it seems that the only way to get all three on a line is to run loop with output to file, then boiling down the three outputs to one line. Clumsy but maybe the only way to get the job done?

Thanks for any suggestions.

mikeincousa, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    dir Difficulties

DIR uses whatever time definition you tell it to use. Following command would list all files and folders in X:\Downloads in order they have been created:

dir X:\Downloads /t:c

DIR is fully capable to sort files and folders. Following command would list all files in X:\Downloads, oldest first:

dir X:\Downloads /o:d

The minus sign before a parameter reverses the results, so the following command would list the same folder in reversed order, newest first:

dir X:\Downloads /o:-d

You can also combine switches. Following command would list all files and folders in X:\Downloads and all its subfolders (the /s switch), listing them in newest first based on time of file / folder creation:

dir X:\Downloads /s /o:-d /t:c

4. Try3 Win User

slow deletion of cache2 entries from the firefix LOCAL dir

dir Difficulties

Kari - We are both saying the same thing. Dir lists files and its lists can be sorted. Dir does not do anything to the files themselves but only to the lists it produces. Denis

Thema:

slow deletion of cache2 entries from the firefix LOCAL dir

1. slow deletion of cache2 entries from the firefix LOCAL dir - Similar Threads - slow deletion cache2

2. Registry entries deleted By erroneously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry entries deleted By erroneously: I deleted Yellow and red Color Entries in autorun sysinternals Now in my laptop wifi Bluetooth keyboard touched HDD not working, device manager shows error code 32, events shows that device deleted. Please Help...
  3. Unable to delete duplicate entry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete duplicate entry: hey guys i am unable to delete duplicate entry as i have found no wayplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-delete-duplicate-entry/6601863e-6c5e-44e7-84b2-c5edbf1b56c2
  4. Is it safe to delete this boot entry ?

Is it safe to delete this boot entry ?: When I run bcdedit I get this result:C:\Windows\system32>bcdeditWindows Boot Manager--------------------identifier {bootmgr}device unknownpath \EFI\MICROSOFT\BOOT\BOOTMGFW.EFIdescription Windows Boot Managerlocale en-USinherit {globalsettings}default {default}resumeobject...
  5. delete autoplay entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete autoplay entries: I connect my samsung galaxy s8 phone to my windows 10 pc to backup my phone.the autoplay setting for this device is all messed up and contains a huge list of programs that I just don't want there.how do I clear this list? I've been throught the registry but couldn't find...
  6. delete autoplay entries

delete autoplay entries: I connect my samsung galaxy s8 phone to my windows 10 pc to backup my phone.the autoplay setting for this device is all messed up and contains a huge list of programs that I just don't want there.how do I clear this list? I've been throught the registry but couldn't find...
  7. Permission to delete from local machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission to delete from local machine: Hi, I've been trying to delete mcafee from my local machine as my new security app won't work until all of mcafee is deleted but I need permission to delete it as it was pre-downloaded onto my laptop. How do I go about getting permission?...
  8. Permission to delete from local machine

Permission to delete from local machine: Hi, I've been trying to delete mcafee from my local machine as my new security app won't work until all of mcafee is deleted but I need permission to delete it as it was pre-downloaded onto my laptop. How do I go about getting permission?...
  9. Slow text entry at the curser

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow text entry at the curser: When I type at the cursor, frequently the text does not appear while I am typing. After a few seconds it begins to appear one character at a time. Is this a sign that my SSD might be failing? 134482
  10. delete context menu entry

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024