Windows 10: Slow desktop boot.

Discus and support Slow desktop boot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 on an SSD and it should boot in a few seconds, but it takes about a minute to properly boot. At 1st I didn't care but now i'm getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidUrsic, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Slow desktop boot.

I have Windows 10 on an SSD and it should boot in a few seconds, but it takes about a minute to properly boot. At 1st I didn't care but now i'm getting annoyed, so I decided to check whats causing this slow boot and I found out that the "Service Host: DNS Client" is the culprit.At startup the service is always at ~15% CPU usage and everytime I end/restart the service everything loads instantly as it should. This fixes the slow desktop boot, but I don't want to go into Task Manager every time I boot.I already tried clearing the DNS Cache, changing the DNS and disabling any VPN network adapters.

:)

DavidUrsic, Jul 19, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Jul 19, 2021
  3. TIVVEY Win User
    slow loading desktop

I tried the clean boot it didn't resolve slow desktop loading issues in Windows 10. Any other suggestions?

TIVVEY, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Slow desktop boot.

Desktop not booting :/

As suggested earlier, pull one stick; boot. Replace the stick and pull the other, boot. Post results.

satindemon4u, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Slow desktop boot.

1. Slow desktop boot. - Similar Threads - Slow desktop boot

2. Slow booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow booting: Hi!So my laptop HP EliteBook 8470p has been starting up very slow recently, probably about 2 minutes - 3 minutes. It has a 128gb ssd and it used to startup really fast. I already did every method shown in Youtube videos and it did not work. I also did a memory and hard disk...
  3. Slow boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow boot: Hello everyonePlease I need help, in windows 7, I know it's dated but the 'starting windows logo' part takes way longer after installing a lot of performance and sercuirty updates, welcome part is pretty fast but starting windows takes around 2 minutes, please help. Deleting...
  4. Slow desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow desktop: When I put in my PIN to turn on my desktop,it takes forever to load.How do I make it faster?It is a HP 19. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-desktop/7470880a-3caf-4429-8c7c-a5ca8c604713
  5. Slow boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow boot: Please, my booting very slow, what can i do to it to make boot faster? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-boot/31aa9b5a-44ac-4968-a391-e0753744d8d9
  6. Slow Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow Desktop: After 1 month holiday, my Desktop is very slow. How can I check or make it faster? submitted by /u/Waste_Today8219 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0699z/slow_desktop/
  7. slow boot

slow boot: hello everyone, the build number of the system is 19042.546 ssd on the slot m2 is patriot viper vpn 100 1 TB i am sending the file from windows performance recorder it happens from the second start after a clean installation link here...
  8. slow loading desktop apps when boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow loading desktop apps when boot: At the time of boot . My laptop load Desktop apps slowly when I enable/install these services my laptop load desktop application slowly Other problems like enabling WSL(Windows service for Linux) Installing database like oracle 11g Enabling virtualization...
  9. slow boot to desktop times

slow boot to desktop times: just refreshed win 10 pro 64 after boot speeds getting very poor as was performance, on a refresh with all drivers cleanly installed and some needed programs boot is still pits, 67.156, windows boot 17, desktop 50. my specs are: win 10 pro 64 i7 4770K - CRYORIG R1 cooler...
  10. Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading

Slow boot time on SSD and slow Desktop icons loading: Hi all, I'm using an Intel SSD 240GB 520 series. Always loading very fast, i.e., about 8 seconds from cold boot. Since windows 10 is installed, boot time is about 20 seconds and desktop icons take some time to refresh and load their images. Regarding the boot time:...