Windows 10: slow device speed in W10 Pro

Discus and support slow device speed in W10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, brand new SSD (500G) installed with clean install of W10Pro. After installing AMD Radeon HD 8570 D Catalyst Control device driver for my second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Szokker48, May 9, 2019.

1. Szokker48 Win User

slow device speed in W10 Pro

Hi, brand new SSD (500G) installed with clean install of W10Pro. After installing AMD Radeon HD 8570 D Catalyst Control device driver for my second monitor my internet device speed went down from 872/790 (D/U) to 400/480. After further installing Kaspersky Total Security my speed dropped to 150/175.
    what is going on? Got a 1Gbps fiber optic connection (BELL, CA), 8G RAM and my CPU is only around 44% used.
    cheers Istvan

:)

Szokker48, May 9, 2019
  2. maxp Win User

Slow Read Speeds with new SSD In Mac Pro

Enabling AHCI (http://www.bladedmink.com/windows-8-ahci-support-on-macbook-pro/) upped the average speed from 180MB/Sec to 225MB/Sec.

Note the following steps are actually for a Macbook Pro (laptop), but worked a charm on my Mac Pro (desktop).

Edit:

Crucial steps from bladedmink.com incase it ever disappears - Note, read through all these steps before actually performing them.

• Login to Windows
    • Launch Regedit
    • Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\
      • Edit the ErrorControl Data value from 3 to 0.
    • Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\StartOverride\
      • Edit the 0 Data value from 3 to 0.
    • Shutdown and boot into OS X
    • Download and run https://www.bladedmink.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/AHCI_Enabler.zip on the NTFS drive.
    • Shutdown and boot into Windows
    • Prey you don't get a BSOD.

I am using the Standard Microsoft AHCI controller driver.

I tried to to install the Intel Matrix AHCI drivers, but they actually ran a few percent slower. When I tried to uninstall (and checked the 'also delete drivers') from Device Manager I got a boot loop and had to install windows from scratch.

maxp, May 9, 2019
  3. ReubenFaleiro, May 9, 2019
  4. slow device speed in W10 Pro

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, May 9, 2019
Thema:

slow device speed in W10 Pro

1. slow device speed in W10 Pro - Similar Threads - slow device speed

2. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  3. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  4. Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device: For the past two days the download speed on my desktop wired connection has totally tanked. My upload speed has taken a slowdown as well, but not nearly to the degree of the download. Every other device I use has perfectly fine internet speed. I've unplugged the Ethernet...
  5. Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device

Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device: For the past two days the download speed on my desktop wired connection has totally tanked. My upload speed has taken a slowdown as well, but not nearly to the degree of the download. Every other device I use has perfectly fine internet speed. I've unplugged the Ethernet...
  6. Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. All Storage Devices slow speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All Storage Devices slow speed: i have a 240gb ssd, 2tb HDD and a 160gb HDD. My system is good i have 16gb ram as well but for some reason my drives have become extremely slow. The speed goes from 18mb down to 0kb in a few seconds and then remains that low. during downloading/uploading and transfering files...
  8. All Storage Devices slow speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Storage Devices slow speed: i have a 240gb ssd, 2tb HDD and a 160gb HDD. My system is good i have 16gb ram as well but for some reason my drives have become extremely slow. The speed goes from 18mb down to 0kb in a few seconds and then remains that low. it sometimes goes up to 1.3mbps but thats about it...
  9. All Storage Devices slow speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Storage Devices slow speed: i have a 240gb ssd, 2tb HDD and a 160gb HDD. My system is good i have 16gb ram as well but for some reason my drives have become extremely slow. The speed goes from 18mb down to 0kb in a few seconds and then remains that low. it sometimes goes up to 1.3mbps but thats about it...
  10. All Storage Devices slow speed

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brand new w10 pc slow