Windows 10: Slow Down? Underclocking issue?

Discus and support Slow Down? Underclocking issue? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whats up guys? i keep getting this error in event viewer and i have no idea why. Bios is up to date. its happening with all threads/cores. i just used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by N00berG00ber, May 27, 2016.

1. Slow Down? Underclocking issue?

Whats up guys? i keep getting this error in event viewer and i have no idea why. Bios is up to date. its happening with all threads/cores. i just used this one as an example.

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power
    Date: 5/28/2016 13:24:34
    Event ID: 37
    Task Category: (7)
    Level: Warning
    Keywords:
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: PATRICK-LAPTOP
    Description:
    The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 3 seconds since the last report.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power" Guid="{0F67E49F-FE51-4E9F-B490-6F2948CC6027}" />
    <EventID>37</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>7</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-05-28T18:24:34.889403900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>20998</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="4248" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>PATRICK-LAPTOP</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="Group">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Number">7</Data>
    <Data Name="CapDurationInSeconds">3</Data>
    <Data Name="PpcChanges">0</Data>
    <Data Name="TpcChanges">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PccChanges">6</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

N00berG00ber, May 27, 2016

2. Cpu Massively underclocked

Hi I have a 2.20ghz cpu that is stuck at 0.79ghz after most recent windows update. As a result the ram usage is extremely high it is so slow please help me fix it I have done everything including wiping the computer and doing a clean install

Sam Bloom 1, May 27, 2016
  3. OsamaIraq Win User
    Random Freezing, Events (11, 41, 219)

For anyone looking for answers, I solved the problem by underclocking CPU and GPU.

The laptop reaches its full temp in no time and stays there which makes some issues with thermal throttling and eventually crashes the motherboard.

I used MSI Afterburn for underclocking GPU, and Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility for underclocking CPU.

OsamaIraq, May 27, 2016
Thema:

Slow Down? Underclocking issue?

1. Slow Down? Underclocking issue? - Similar Threads - Slow Down Underclocking

2. Slowing down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slowing down: Can anyone really explain what slows down your computer over time? I have a couple windows 10 machines in my home and both are slowing down so much its frustrating. They take 10-20 minutes to start up and become useable. Once started they both suffer from long bouts of "not...
  3. Slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slowing down: Hi My computer is really slowing down and is hanging alot even folders are not responding Pls help Regards Asmeet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slowing-down/6b4cf77d-627d-4948-8775-a4bc687af8c8
  4. Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing: Hello everyone, and first of all thanks for any suggestion you'll be able to give me (and sorry for my bad english too!). It's about a week that my pc suddenly became slower: internet, mail, games, but also excell or world, no matter the progs i try to use, it takes ages to...
  5. Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with Pc slowing down and near freezing: Hello everyone, and first of all thanks for any suggestion you'll be able to give me (and sorry for my bad english too!). It's about a week that my pc suddenly became slower: internet, mail, games, but also excell or world, no matter the progs i try to use, it takes ages to...
  6. Underclocked

Underclocked: Hi, I have an IdeaPad i5-7200U, 2.7 GHZ Windows 10 64-bit 256 GB SSD 8 GB RAM Intel HD 620 Graphics And whenever playing a game or doing an application, this error comes! [ATTACH]...
  7. Slowing Down

Slowing Down: Hopefully, we can come up with an option other than reinstalling windows. I'm using Windows 10 on a custom-built computer and it's been about 2 years since it was originally installed on this particular machine. We don't do anything interesting with this machine. All of what...
  8. Underclocking processor

Underclocking processor: Hiiiii....i have upgrade my pc from windows 1803 to 1809 but now my processor get underclocked from 2.5Ghz to 1.1Ghz.. When i boot my pc to safe mode then it run normally with its full clock speed but in normal mode it get underclock again. So guys please help me to fix...
  9. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...
  10. A sofware for permanent underclocking?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A sofware for permanent underclocking?: I want to underclock my CPU because of over heating and I don't really need 4.0 GHz Currently I am using AMD OverDrive but I need to set it up to under clock each time my PC starts and even BIOS's underclocking is not working for some reason. So, I want to underclock 3.4...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does underclocking cpu slow games down