Windows 10: Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Discus and support Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I have noticed that this problem has been discussed in the past. Unfortunately, I could not find any solution, so here I am.As per the title, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tony H1, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Tony H1 Win User

Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Hi,I have noticed that this problem has been discussed in the past. Unfortunately, I could not find any solution, so here I am.As per the title, my Win10, with the latest updates applied, shows a slow download speed on the ethernet interface, 1/10th of the actual possible speed, while the upload speed is fine.I can exclude the following issues:- No router related, as the speed is fine on other PCs in the same network- No hardware related, as the speed is perfectly fine on Linux-based VMs hosted by the Win machine in question. I have followed all the proposed solutions I could find on google. I

:)

Tony H1, Oct 26, 2022
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Hi

If a website has a slow server, a fast internet connection may be experienced but may have very slow download speeds. Download speed will be affected with the website server as it also impact your internet connection speed.

You may try a test with other websites and check the results with the website that you are experiencing slow download speed.

Meanwhile, kindly click on this link and find the post created by Santos_Rai
    to troubleshoot network and incoming internet connection.

Kindly post back and share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Oct 26, 2022
  3. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Hello,

A faulty Ethernet port can be one of the factors why this issue occurs. To isolate your concern, if available, we suggest that you try to use a
    USB Ethernet adapter and check if the issue persists.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the additional troubleshooting steps provided on this
    link to help us fix the issue that your experiencing
    using hardwired connection.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Zedrick Del, Oct 26, 2022
  4. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Oct 26, 2022
Thema:

1. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet. - Similar Threads - Slow download speed

2. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  3. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  4. Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device: For the past two days the download speed on my desktop wired connection has totally tanked. My upload speed has taken a slowdown as well, but not nearly to the degree of the download. Every other device I use has perfectly fine internet speed. I've unplugged the Ethernet...
  5. Super fast download speeds but Really slow upload speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Super fast download speeds but Really slow upload speeds: Hi Team,I have been having a really annoying issue, I get really fast download speeds and upload speeds on all my devices except on my main PC the download speeds are fine, but the upload speed is 1mbps. it's been like this for a few months I've tried a lot. At first, I...
  6. Super fast download speeds but Really slow upload speeds

Super fast download speeds but Really slow upload speeds: Hi Team,I have been having a really annoying issue, I get really fast download speeds and upload speeds on all my devices except on my main PC the download speeds are fine, but the upload speed is 1mbps. it's been like this for a few months I've tried a lot. At first, I...
  7. why is my download speed fast and upload speed slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my download speed fast and upload speed slow?: Having an issue with a Dell Optiplex7050 that I recently upgraded to windows 11. My dell is connected via internet and is getting close to 900mbps upload and >1 mbps upload speed which is pretty ridiculousNot sure what is happening here, problem is not with my ISP as upload...
  8. why is my download speed fast and upload speed slow?

why is my download speed fast and upload speed slow?: Having an issue with a Dell Optiplex7050 that I recently upgraded to windows 11. My dell is connected via internet and is getting close to 900mbps upload and >1 mbps upload speed which is pretty ridiculousNot sure what is happening here, problem is not with my ISP as upload...
  9. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.: Hi,I have noticed that this problem has been discussed in the past. Unfortunately, I could not find any solution, so here I am.As per the title, my Win10, with the latest updates applied, shows a slow download speed on the ethernet interface, 1/10th of the actual possible...
  10. Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.: Hi,I have noticed that this problem has been discussed in the past. Unfortunately, I could not find any solution, so here I am.As per the title, my Win10, with the latest updates applied, shows a slow download speed on the ethernet interface, 1/10th of the actual possible...