Windows 10: Slow download speed on Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Slow download speed on Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the last month or so, I have noticed that my Windows 10 PC is getting way slower than usual download speeds. I have a 400+ mbps connection and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ilde-PR, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Ilde-PR Win User

Slow download speed on Windows 10 computer

For the last month or so, I have noticed that my Windows 10 PC is getting way slower than usual download speeds. I have a 400+ mbps connection and when I do download speed tests (speedtest.net, fast.com, testmy.net) I am now getting somewhere between 100 and 200 mbps. The computer is connected using cat 6 cable, so its not a Wi-Fi issue. I have another computer that I use for a Plex server and when I test on that computer I get 400+ mbps download speeds. I have checked for viruses and malware using Bitdefender, Malwarebytes and Ccleaner and have found nothing. I have deactivated all background programs and even tried testing in safe mode with networking and still get the slower speeds. I downloaded a utility called iperf that tests speeds between 2 computers, using my Plex server as the host and my other computer as a client and get normal transfer speeds for my gigabit connection, around 910 to 930 mbps, which makes me believe that the network adapter is working correctly. I have updated the driver for my network adapter. Uninstalled and reinstalled it from device manager. I have tried various settings regarding Windows update, internet bandwidth settings and Windows auto-tuning. Windows 10 is updated as well. I even tried a different network cable just in case but nothing seems to fix the issue. I had not installed any new software for a while before the problem began. I am a bit OCD when it comes to testing my internet speed, which I do it regularly, so I know the problem has been around for a month or less.

I just wanted to see if anyone has any other things I can try before going the next step and buying a new network card and seeing if that fixes the issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Ilde-PR, Jul 16, 2019

2. Microsoft store download speeds and windows 10 app load speeds are very slow

Hi Riel,

Reuben

ReubenFaleiro, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Slow download speed on Windows 10 computer

Slow downloading speed

Hi Manthan,

Regarding your download speed issue, we found a suggestion given by Eeshwar Kumar on our Community page. You can check this link on the suggestion he provided:

Why is Windows Store's download speed so slow?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Slow download speed on Windows 10 computer

1. Slow download speed on Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Slow download speed

2. Slow Download Speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speeds: For around a month now when I download things it's been less than 3mb per second and when I check my download speeds it says 200mb per second I'm not sure if it's my computer or Windows 10 I've tried so many tutorials but nothing is working it used to be normal please help....
  3. Slow download speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download speed: I have been trying to download this game for a while now on the box app for PC and it never goes higher than about 10-20 MB/S as you can see my internet speed is fairly quick. Just wondering if anyone can help, please?...
  4. Download speeds slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds slow: My internet speed is pretty fast, web searches are quick and website open almost instantly, YouTube works fine on high resolution. But when I am downloading any file to my laptop, the download speed is very, very slow. It could be a temporary issue with the wi-fi, but...
  5. slow download speed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    slow download speed: my microsoft store download speed in incredibly slow, from 3 to 15 Mbits/s when my connection is gigabit, i tried every troubleshooting intructions i could find in the internet: running windows store troubleshooter configuring delivery optimization updating windows...
  6. Windows 10 Slow Download Speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Slow Download Speed: Hi people, Hoping for some help on this one, I know similar issues have been covered before but I've still been unable to find a fix. As above I'm struggling with slow download speeds, I have tested the broadband and have results averaging around 50-55mbps however when...
  7. Slow download speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow download speed: Whenever i download games on my PC it starts off at 30mbps and slowly falls down to 20mbps. However my Xbox One S downloads games at 70mpbs and both are connected with Ethernet cables, i tried switching the cables but same thing. Is there some kind of cap or something on...
  8. Slow download speed on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow download speed on Windows 10: I have windows 10 and my internet speed is normally but when I'm trying to download something it downloads with speed 300kb/s - 600kb/s, but when I load some websites etc. it's loading fast. P2P updates are off. submitted by /u/RegularSignal5 [link] [comments]...
  9. Slow download speed on new windows 10 computer

Slow download speed on new windows 10 computer: I got a new computer in the mail a few days ago. Was getting blue screen error messages half the times I started up the PC that said Bad_system-config_error and also wasn't able to connect to the internet (it said it was connected to the wifi router but I got no internet...
  10. Slow Download Speeds Windows 10

Slow Download Speeds Windows 10: Over the last few weeks I've had this issue with my Wi-Fi Download speeds and just internet speeds in general. I'm feting about 5-7Mbps on my PC, but on my laptop and phone I'm getting about 30-40Mbps on the same Wi-Fi connection (about where it should be). I have the newest...