Windows 10: Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on...

Discus and support Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using a 50 Mbps broadband connection and was getting full 50 Mbps speed till May 2019. Suddenly after that the speed reduced to 10-15 Mbps on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KUNALFARMAH, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on...

I am using a 50 Mbps broadband connection and was getting full 50 Mbps speed till May 2019. Suddenly after that the speed reduced to 10-15 Mbps on my laptop while it is still 50 MBPS on all my android devices.

I have made my ISP check the connection twice and it is working fine on their side and they also verified the download speeds on another laptop.

I used to get about 4.0 MBPS on chrome but now it stays constant to 1000-1100 KBPS. Sometimes it starts from 2.5 MBPS but then reduces to 1000 KBPS sand sometimes even stops at 0 BPS.

I used to get almost 8.2 MBPS on steam but now it stays about 900 KBPS.

GeForce Experience also gets 700-800 KBPS for downloading drivers now than the 4 MBPS it used to get before.

However other apps like windows store are getting complete speeds. Got 8.1 MBPS in the recent download.

Even UTorrent gets about 6-7 MBPS download speed but all other apps get only 1000 KBPS.

I have tried each and every fix available on the Internet but none have worked.

It has been a month since this problem started but still no fix is found.

I have tried disabling the firewall and my Antivirus software but nothing happens to the speed.

I have tried disabling auto tuning and heuristics via cmd but no effect.

I have uninstalled the 2 most recent Windows Updates but no effect.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome, Firefox, UC and reset their settings but still no effect.

Edge is getting even lower speeds.

I have performed a full network reset but the problem persists.

I have the latest drivers installed for each and every component of my system including the LAN and WIFI adapter.

Please help me as getting 1/5 of the download speed is making life hard especially for a student like me.

I am using a Dell Inspiron Gaming 5577.

My rig:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Inspiron 5577

BIOS: 1.1.2 (type: UEFI)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16246MB RAM

Page File: 9781MB used, 15168MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

GFX: Nvidia GTX 1050 with Intel HD 630 onboard

Here are the screenshots of the download speeds I am getting.

I got 6 MBPS on UPLAY on 19th April (screenshot attached).

Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on... cbabe36b-da3b-44ba-8d01-53411c7c0dee?upload=true.png Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on... aed65735-c251-47f0-adbe-c659d7465f56?upload=true.png Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on... 4c2c980e-a485-4cd0-9317-1226e3154262?upload=true.png Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on... aeefbf65-ba48-4305-9207-3d878db2e0c1?upload=true.png Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on... [​IMG]

:)

KUNALFARMAH, Jun 5, 2019
  2. eis9355 Win User

slow download speed except steam

My download speed is very slow when i want to download something from firefox or chrome (around 200kb/s)

But when i download games from steam it is much faster(1-2mb)

I already did speedtests but my steam download speed is much faster than the download speed in the speedtest?

eis9355, Jun 5, 2019
  3. justicio Win User
    Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10

I recently downloaded Windows 10 and am having awful download speeds compared to what they were with Windows 7. With Windows 7 I averaged about 9.8MB/s. With Windows 10 I am getting 400KB/s max. At one point after restarting steam, the download went all the way up to 1024KB/S, but only for about 5 seconds until returning back to around 345KB/s. I read a similar problem somewhere where McAfee was causing slow Steam download speeds, and after uninstalling it the speeds returned to normal. Perhaps the Security in Windows 10 could be the problem? I tried disabling the Firewall and turning on Windows Defender but had no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

justicio, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on...

Slow downloading speed

Hi Manthan,

Regarding your download speed issue, we found a suggestion given by Eeshwar Kumar on our Community page. You can check this link on the suggestion he provided:

Why is Windows Store's download speed so slow?

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on...

1. Slow download speeds in browsers and steam in windows 10 while getting complete speed on... - Similar Threads - Slow download speeds

2. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  3. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browser download speed slow problem: im having problems with my wifi or browser but the browser download is very slow i tried downloading at my phone and the download speed is fine but in the pc i only get around 50KB/s...
  4. browser download speed slow problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Slow download speed on any browser

Slow download speed on any browser: I don't know why, maybe a recent update but my download speed on browsers I tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome has recently declined to about 400kb/s, when before I had about 15mb/s, which I still do with game providers such as Steam or Origin.This the download speed on...
  6. Slow download speeds on ANY browser!

Slow download speeds on ANY browser!: Hello guys. I have a problem with the internet speed of my browser (Chrome). I tried also Firefox, Edge. Opera and still the same. I have tried everthing. I checked my addons, i have updated to the latest driver version etc. My speeds are Ping: 16ms Download: 45.29 Upload...
  7. Slow download speeds on any browser

Slow download speeds on any browser: Hello. I have noticed in my last 2 windows 10 laptops that in any browser I download the download speeds do not rise above 500 kb / s. Steam reaches 2.0+ mb / s. Does anyone know what is happening? Anyone else had this problem? Im trying to fix this issue 1 month now. Thank...
  8. slow download speed except steam

slow download speed except steam: My download speed is very slow when i want to download something from firefox or chrome (around 200kb/s) But when i download games from steam it is much faster(1-2mb) I already did speedtests but my steam download speed is much faster than the download speed in the...
  9. Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow download speeds in Steam with Windows 10: I recently downloaded Windows 10 and am having awful download speeds compared to what they were with Windows 7. With Windows 7 I averaged about 9.8MB/s. With Windows 10 I am getting 400KB/s max. At one point after restarting steam, the download went all the way up to...
  10. Download speeds in browser is slow

Download speeds in browser is slow: I don't know how better to title my post, but download speeds in any browser on my main PC are very slow. First off, my specs: HP Envy 700-059cb Windows 10 (whatever the latest version is for inside preview) 8gb ram i7 4770 My home network is powered by a Rogers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot download anything faster than 100kbs on browsers

2. slow download speed in browsers

3. steam download slow safe mode