Windows 10: slow ETHERNET speeds win 10 64 home lenovo laptop

Discus and support slow ETHERNET speeds win 10 64 home lenovo laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't seem to get anything higher than 96 mbps in my Lenovo laptop. even in safe mode with networking. I unplug the CABLE from my 8 yr old?? Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harry Verderci, Jan 27, 2020.

1. slow ETHERNET speeds win 10 64 home lenovo laptop

I can't seem to get anything higher than 96 mbps in my Lenovo laptop. even in safe mode with networking. I unplug the CABLE from my 8 yr old?? Dell win 8.1 desk top which is getting 325+ mbps and plug into laptop. That's the best. Best wireless even using a USB card is 70 mbps. Did all the updates on everything I could find, uninstalled reinstalled etc. no luck, some settings being over looked? desktop is too heavy to lug around I'm open to suggestions

Thanks

:)

Harry Verderci, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Micklanna Win User

Slow Lenovo laptop

Hi,
    I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad 320 laptop, about a year old.
    AMD E-2 9000 Processor
    4 Gig ram
    64 bit

Seems to be running slow withing Windows itself, have tried running CC Cleaner and scanned for malware and virus, but cannot speed it up.
    Any suggestions other than upgrade to a better machine ?

Micklanna, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Sham13 Win User

slow ETHERNET speeds win 10 64 home lenovo laptop

WiFi internet speed running slow on Windows10 Lenovo U31-70 laptop

Hi,

I have a Lenovo U31-70 laptop which I bought in August 2015. It had Windows 10 pre-installed at the time of purchase.

Since last 1-2 months I have been observing that the the WiFi internet speed on my laptop has become slower. If I go to speedtest.com and measure the speed, I see Download speed=5Mbps and Upload speed= 0.5Mbps on Lenovo laptop. However, if I measure the
    net speed using my 3years old Windows 7 Toshiba laptop, I measure Download speed=55Mbps and Upload speed= 5Mbps.

I am wondering if this is a Windows 10 problem or something has happened to my new Lenovo laptop suddenly. Any suggestions to debug and fix this problem?

I have tried installing this driver but doing so (followed by system restart) doesnt improve the internet speed: Intel WLAN Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - Lenovo U31-70 - DE

Sham13, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

slow ETHERNET speeds win 10 64 home lenovo laptop

1. slow ETHERNET speeds win 10 64 home lenovo laptop - Similar Threads - slow ETHERNET speeds

2. win 10 home 64 bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  3. win 10 home 64 bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 10 home 64 bit: MY COMPUTER STARTED MESSING UP error: NO BOOT DISK DETECTED OR DISK HAS FAILED THEN I COULD PUT WIN 10 INAND WOULD BOOT DID DIAG ON HARDDRIVE FIRST SAID THAT TEST WASNT IN COMP AND THEN LATER RAN TEST I CANT GET INTO BIOS OR OPEN ANYTHING I HAVE NO DATE FOR BACKING UP I CANT...
  4. Slow Ethernet Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Ethernet Speed: My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 500+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. Now taking that same ethernet cable and plugging it into my desktop I am...
  5. Win 10. Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10. Home 64 Bit: Hello, I have connected a 2. HD, Sata 2, 160 GB. When I start Diskmgmt it takes a very, very longtime but ir show the second HD divided in two parts. My question are. 1. How I can mix the two parts to one area of about 160 GB. 2. How I can format this HD. 3. Why it takes so...
  6. Win 10 Home 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Home 64 Bit: I wanted to install WIN 10 via Meidcreationtool (inplace). Unfortunately it shows error: WDSCORE.dll not found. 171294
  7. Ethernet internet speed is slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet internet speed is slow: My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 400+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. Now taking that same ethernet cable and plugging it into my desktop I am...
  8. Install Win 8.1 64 on laptop pre-installed Win 10 Home 64

in Windows 10 Customization
    Install Win 8.1 64 on laptop pre-installed Win 10 Home 64: Dear Friends, My laptop HP Pavilion Win 10 Home 64 Factory-installed. Now I like to install Win 8.1 64 more on a new partition so that the Office 2007 32 can be run there. Thanks for your attention Quyen Pham Dinh With profound thankfulness if help me by mail to ***...
  9. Windows 10 (Home) Very Slow Internet Speeds (WiFi + Ethernet)

Windows 10 (Home) Very Slow Internet Speeds (WiFi + Ethernet): I have a custom gaming PC I built about 3 years ago. Nothing extraordinary. I have done some slight upgrades over the years (950 to 1060 6GB, PCI wireless card). The motherboard is not wireless capable, hence the PCI wireless card. I'd also like to state that I am far from...
  10. Ethernet Speeds Slow!

Ethernet Speeds Slow!: Alright, my router is in my living room, my windows 10 computer is connected to the internet via ethernet. After connecting it it from my living room, all the way to my room down a very long hallway, a kitchen and then my room, the connection was terrible. My ping was 183 ms,...