Windows 10: Slow explorer, slow program launchs, slow internet

Discus and support Slow explorer, slow program launchs, slow internet in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; For some reason lately, I have had a terrible time with programs not opening very fast. Its like the entire PC is lagging terrible. When checking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by eracet, Apr 18, 2020.

1. eracet Win User

Slow explorer, slow program launchs, slow internet

For some reason lately, I have had a terrible time with programs not opening very fast.
    Its like the entire PC is lagging terrible.
    When checking resources , all seem fine and nothing seems to be laggy.
    After restarting it seems fine for a while. But when programs try to access the internet, discord/steam etc, it takes a while to get a connection.
    This makes me think that its internet related.
    Also on one start it gave me a waiting for netsh.exe . Not sure if that is related but its worth a shot.
    I do run some background services, carbonite, playon, plex.
    Malwarebytes, windows defender.

:)

eracet, Apr 18, 2020

2. Internet Explorer Slow Slow explorer, slow program launchs, slow internet :(

My internet explorer is too slow. How to make it fast?

testabbout, Apr 18, 2020
  3. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Apr 18, 2020
  4. krish7992 Win User

Slowness in Internet Explorer

Hi... Slowness in Internet Explorer (11.0) but the same is working fine with other browsers in office network.

it is working fine with other network /any data card

krish7992, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow explorer, slow program launchs, slow internet - Similar Threads - Slow explorer slow

2. Slow Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow Internet: Hello so I did a factory reset on my pc which is an Old HP Workstation, the Z440, After the reset was over I downloaded and installed all of the drivers for the motherboard and the GPU, but for some reason when I play online games the connection is awful. I tried installing...
  3. Slow internet and slow computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow internet and slow computer: Hey everyone. My internet and my computer have started being slow recently(especially my internet). I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. What can I do? Thanks. submitted by /u/anihamud444 [link] [comments]...
  4. Slow to launch programs on powerful PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow to launch programs on powerful PC: Recently I have noticed how slow some programs are at launching on my pc. Most programs are quick and responsive, with only a few programs taking their time such as chrome, spotify, discord and the new edge browser. Chrome for example is lightning fast once its opened but...
  5. Internet Explorer is slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148369
  6. Slow Internet Explorer is slow

in Browsers and Email
    Slow Internet Explorer is slow: My faster computer take 10 times longer in internet explorer 11 to bring up a site than my slower computer. I deleted the cookies but didn't help. What could be causing this? Internet edge is OK 148368
  7. slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow program starts, Slow boot, slow shutdown: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  8. Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot, slow shutdown, and slow program starts.: Windows Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) From switch-on to desktop start-up sound takes nearly two minutes, and after that there's still a lot of disc activity. Shutdown is equally slow. Once the system has started it takes 30 seconds after clicking on an MP3 icon for VLC...
  9. Internet Explorer is extremely slow

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is extremely slow: I'm using Windows 10 latest updates and internet exp. version 11. (exact vestons see screen shots) About 6-8 weeks, internet explorer has become so slow, and hangs up, so often I literally can not use it. simple tasks such as hitting Google, IE will just hang taking 45-50...
  10. Internet Explorer is very Slow...

in Browsers and Email
    Internet Explorer is very Slow...: When I first upgraded IE was OK but for some unknown it has become very slow. What can I look for? 28645