Windows 10: Slow file rename in Windows 11

Discus and support Slow file rename in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yes, this was an issue with Win7, 10 and now 11. I have disabled all background, have a fresh install, am 100% updated on all drivers for hardware and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Blaidd, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Blaidd Win User

Slow file rename in Windows 11

Yes, this was an issue with Win7, 10 and now 11. I have disabled all background, have a fresh install, am 100% updated on all drivers for hardware and software. I have nothing...let me say this again...nothing running including anti-virus. I put the whole computer through every possible past issue resolutions and yet I am STILL having the issue of renaming multiple files starting off great but about half way through it literally grinds to a halt. At current reading, I am averaging .35 items/s renamed. I will chill my concerns that this was never fixed in any previous version of Windows, and no

:)

Blaidd, Oct 20, 2021

2. Renaming group of files

Hi Richard,

There is a possibility that you are experiencing an issue with renaming the group of files because of a software conflict or damages within the files you are trying to rename. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following
    questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Why are you using the Windows PowerShell instead of File Explorer to rename the files?
    • Is your device connected to a domain network?

PowerShell is usually used by advanced users to troubleshoot problems with Windows. You can visit this
    link as a reference on how to use PowerShell to rename files in bulk.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 20, 2021
  3. amd5750m Win User
    rename inf

I have a 7670m 1gb driver crimson legacy, how to rename my 7670m (which in driver detects as 7600m) to 8670m?

I am something new in this I would appreciate it if you would give me all the steps since I am very interested

I use win 7

his is what I try to do but not rename these files

Does someone have a step for newbies?

this is more or less the idea in the link

16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

amd5750m, Oct 20, 2021
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

1. Slow file rename in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Slow file rename

2. PDF files slow to delete, move or rename after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF files slow to delete, move or rename after upgrading to Windows 11: Hi,After upgrading to Windows 11 some months back, all PDF's have been very slow to move, delete or rename. The status window pops up and it takes 1-2 mins. This issue is not happening on any other file type. I have tryed to delete Adobe Acrobat and install it again. It...
  3. PDF files slow to delete, move or rename after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files slow to delete, move or rename after upgrading to Windows 11: Hi,After upgrading to Windows 11 some months back, all PDF's have been very slow to move, delete or rename. The status window pops up and it takes 1-2 mins. This issue is not happening on any other file type. I have tryed to delete Adobe Acrobat and install it again. It...
  4. Why is renaming files in windows 10 and 11 so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is renaming files in windows 10 and 11 so slow?: I have to rename a few hundred files, but with Windows this seems an impossible mission. Why is that so sooooooooooo slow? I select a file, press F2, paste the new file name, and press enter. Then it takes ages to store the changes so that I can continue with the next file. I...
  5. Why is renaming files in windows 10 and 11 so slow?

Why is renaming files in windows 10 and 11 so slow?: I have to rename a few hundred files, but with Windows this seems an impossible mission. Why is that so sooooooooooo slow? I select a file, press F2, paste the new file name, and press enter. Then it takes ages to store the changes so that I can continue with the next file. I...
  6. Why is renaming files in windows 10 and 11 so slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Windows 11 file moving after renaming

Windows 11 file moving after renaming: In previous version of Windows, I would rename a file, and click on the next file, to stay in the same position in the list. However, I've found with Windows 11, when I rename a file, and click on the next file, it follows the renamed file to the new position in the list....
  8. Cannot rename files in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot rename files in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]There could be times when you cannot rename files in Windows 11 and Windows 10 computers. In such situations, you need to identify the issue by checking the error message and fixing it accordingly. That is why you need to follow this tutorial to find out the possible...
  9. Slow file rename in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow file rename in Windows 11: Yes, this was an issue with Win7, 10 and now 11. I have disabled all background, have a fresh install, am 100% updated on all drivers for hardware and software. I have nothing...let me say this again...nothing running including anti-virus. I put the whole computer through...
  10. Renaming Folder Slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renaming Folder Slow: Hi I've been having a problem with a delay renaming a file/folder (which takes atleast about 12 seconds) No idea why... i've tried in safe mode and there's no delay at all could someone help me out with this issue? if i do a clean reboot does that means my projects and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 rename file slow