Windows 10: Slow file tranfers with Win 10 PCs

Discus and support Slow file tranfers with Win 10 PCs in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am frequently having to move large amounts of data several GB between my Win 10 laptop and desktop. I have both connected to my router with Ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PABresler, Dec 29, 2019.

1. PABresler Win User

Slow file tranfers with Win 10 PCs

I am frequently having to move large amounts of data several GB between my Win 10 laptop and desktop. I have both connected to my router with Ethernet cables. The laptop does not have a dedicated Ethernet port but I am using a USB to Ethernet adapter. Under adapter settings I have both Wifi and Ethernet enabled on the desktop, but the laptop only permits wifi. The file transfers can take hours. Is there a faster way?

Peter

:)

PABresler, Dec 29, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 29, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Slow file tranfers with Win 10 PCs - Similar Threads - Slow file tranfers

2. File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10: I've a desktop on which I have Win 11 pro 22H2 and my sister has a laptop on which Win 10 was upgraded to the 21H2 version which I don't really know if it's stil Win 10 or 11. The problem is that at a certain point after some hours Windows slows down a lot, you can't even...
  3. File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File manager extremely slow on Win 11 and Win 10: I've a desktop on which I have Win 11 pro 22H2 and my sister has a laptop on which Win 10 was upgraded to the 21H2 version which I don't really know if it's stil Win 10 or 11. The problem is that at a certain point after some hours Windows slows down a lot, you can't even...
  4. tranferring files between 2 laptops both on win 10 using bluetooth

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    tranferring files between 2 laptops both on win 10 using bluetooth: Can anyone around here tell me if there is any other security threat to doing this type of transfer between 2 laptops, both on win 10, other than hackers that are always nextdoor trying to get into the hotspot networks of mobile phones? thanks. see images. Adam [ATTACH]...
  5. win 10 pro for ferurb pcs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 pro for ferurb pcs: High I have a win 10 pro licence for refurb pcs. I have bought an SSD and I would like to format my PC, in order to install win 10 on the SSD Is my existing license valid? I was not given an installation DVD from the shop so is there any link I can download an executable...
  6. File Tranfer speed dropped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Tranfer speed dropped: This morning I went to transfer files photos from SD card to my laptop. The speed has dropped off considerably to yesterday and days previous. I am sing USB port with Integral card reader normal for this use today I and getting a335-710 kb/s transfer speed . A 1.2 GB file is...
  7. slow tranfer to external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow tranfer to external drive: copying external to another starts out fast after 2m it almost to a crawl. i can push power button go standby start back up does the same help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-tranfer-to-external-drive/f9a37507-339e-481b-ab89-b59cc1c51a7e
  8. File Explorer is really slow Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer is really slow Win 10: Hello, so I didn´t use my Microsoft Surface in a Month and now I have to study for a test but my file explorer is suddenly really slow. It takes Minutes to open a file or folder, while the rest is working as fast as usual. I tried ending it with the Task Manager and...
  9. Tranferring Outlook Address book from Win 7 to Win 10

Tranferring Outlook Address book from Win 7 to Win 10: First, some background. My old Win 7 computer motherboard died, but I have the hard drive from that machine connected to my new Windows 10 machine, so I have access to all of the files from the old machine via a SATA to USB connection and it's listed as Drive G. I've...
  10. TRANFERS FILES TO DIFFERENT FORMATS

TRANFERS FILES TO DIFFERENT FORMATS: I AM TRYING TO CHANGE A FILE FROM A JPEG TO A V3. I AM USING A SYSTEM THAT DOES IT BUT WHEN I SAVE IT TO MY WINDOWS AND I TRIED TO OPEN I WONT LET ME. THERE IS AN ERROR SAYING IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WHY IF THE SYSTEM I AM USING TO TRANSFER IS COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS???...