Windows 10: Slow file transfer after windows 1909 update

Discus and support Slow file transfer after windows 1909 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently updated all the computers on my home network to Windows 1909. Before the upgrade I could transfer large >5GB files between my PCs at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TMcW, Dec 26, 2019.

1. TMcW Win User

Slow file transfer after windows 1909 update

I have recently updated all the computers on my home network to Windows 1909. Before the upgrade I could transfer large >5GB files between my PCs at about 100MB/s. I do this a lot because of storing and processing home movies. After the 1909 upgrade file transfers over my network are now only running at about 20MB/s. I have not changed any hardware. How can I get my file transfer speed back up please? The network is wired, not wireless.

:)

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    File transfers slowing down, W10

i'm watching these files transfer from an SSD to a mechanical, and seeing speeds vary from 15MB/s to 80MB/s.

Windows reports the drive is at 100%, but i'd love to know what metric it's using to determine that, especially since its transferring large files (~500MB average)

Mussels, Dec 26, 2019
  4. LonGun Win User

Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Slow file transfer after windows 1909 update - Similar Threads - Slow file transfer

2. Slow File Transfer in window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow File Transfer in window 11: Hello,I recently got the window 11 for my laptop and when i tried to move or copy files whose size is almost 2gb from my google drive desktop app to G:// drive I noticed that the file transfer was not happening and the speed of file transfer is really slow. And I ended up...
  3. Slow File Transfer in window 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow File Transfer in window 11: Hello,I recently got the window 11 for my laptop and when i tried to move or copy files whose size is almost 2gb from my google drive desktop app to G:// drive I noticed that the file transfer was not happening and the speed of file transfer is really slow. And I ended up...
  4. Slow file transfer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow file transfer: I have an issue with slow file transfer (windows 10). I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1.If launched from local drive works perfect 2.If launched from mapped drive (same folder on the same hdd) works very slow 3.If...
  5. Window 10 v 1909 slow after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window 10 v 1909 slow after update: Hi... My window just update a few day ago and i notice my pc become slow all fo sudden,window explorer took to long to open and sometime it not responding,some software also have similar problem like google chrome and window settings. I don't want to restore my pc and...
  6. Windows 10 slow after updates to 1909 and KB4551762

Windows 10 slow after updates to 1909 and KB4551762: These were both installed successfully with no errors, however ordinary Windows actions like clicking on the Settings gear and opening one of the settings such as System are taking MUCH longer than they used to. Programs are also slower to load as is typing. Even things like...
  7. Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer extremely slow after 1909 update.: Not sure if this question has been asked before, so if it has I apologize. I have a new computer about a week old. Basic's on it are a 9700k processor, RTX 2080 Super, 16 gigs and an SSD that Windows is currently installed on. When I fist got the computer everything was...
  8. Slow System performance after windows 10 1909 update!!!

Slow System performance after windows 10 1909 update!!!: I had recently upgraded to windows 10 before upgrading i was using windows 7 ultimate and was fine with it . After windows 7 ending support i finally decided to switch to Windows 10 . I wanted to see whether it was stable so i borrowed an old installation disk from one of my...
  9. Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909

Windows 10 extremely slow after updating to 1909: I have been using a PC with 800 M Hz AMD Phennom II processor and 8 GB RAM running 64-bit Windows 10 for several years. It has been running great until recently it became extremely slow after Windows update since November. I noticed that the CPU and Memory usage changed from...
  10. File transfer too slow after a while

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File transfer too slow after a while: So it's been a month since I upgraded to Windows 10.It was doing fine,and after a while i noticed that when I want to delete,move or copy something the file transfer its too slow and when there are multiple files (ex. like 5) it deletes one then it stucks,for some seconds it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow file transfers in windows 10