Windows 10: Slow file transfer

Discus and support Slow file transfer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue with slow file transfer (windows 10). I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by adamcha, Mar 5, 2021.

1. adamcha Win User

Slow file transfer

I have an issue with slow file transfer (windows 10). I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings.
    I have one application and:
    1.If launched from local drive works perfect
    2.If launched from mapped drive (same folder on the same hdd) works very slow
    3.If launched on another computer in network very slow as well
    It seems to me the issue is mapping the drive itself. Even with no access to the network result is the same:
    disk C:\Folder - full speed,
    disk F:\ (mapped disk C:\Folder) no speed at all.
    Ive checked all solutions found , and still no result.
    Any ideas ???

:)

adamcha, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Mar 5, 2021
  3. Scheich Win User
    Vista File Transfer Slow

Secure mode is extremly slow, antivirus progs, or the file indexing service ??

Scheich, Mar 5, 2021
  4. rss81 Win User

Slow file transfer

transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Slow file transfer

1. Slow file transfer - Similar Threads - Slow file transfer

2. Slow copy and file transfer speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow copy and file transfer speeds: 35,000 files 1.7gb. Taking days to transfer/copy. Ridiculously slow. No information regarding the exact mb/s or kb/s. It's 2024 can we speed it up a little Microsoft?...
  3. Slow File Transfer in window 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow File Transfer in window 11: Hello,I recently got the window 11 for my laptop and when i tried to move or copy files whose size is almost 2gb from my google drive desktop app to G:// drive I noticed that the file transfer was not happening and the speed of file transfer is really slow. And I ended up...
  4. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  5. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extremely slow file transfers internrally: I'm using my old 4 years old gaming gig as a Plex server. I ran out of room on the array I had set up with three 8TB drives and purchased two new 18 TB drives. I've tried to copy the files over to the larger drives and have attempted this to both drives. They are each set up...
  6. Extremely slow file transfers internrally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. file transfer now very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file transfer now very slow: File transfer now very slow even via the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-transfer-now-very-slow/06df8794-a638-4393-8dad-73583053aa49
  8. file transfer dramatically slow

file transfer dramatically slow: I have an issue with slow file transfer windows 10. I am almost sure it has nothing to do with the network settings. I have one application and: 1. If launched from local drive works perfect 2. If launched from mapped drive same folder on the same hdd works very slow 3. If...
  9. Slow Internet When Transferring Files

Slow Internet When Transferring Files: i've notice over the last few weeks when i'm moving or copying a large amount of files to a drive and go to browse the net while i wait for the files to finish moving / copying it takes forever for pages to load. i've never seen this behavior before. does anyone know if this...
  10. Incredibly slow file transfer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Incredibly slow file transfer: It starts at around 300MB/s but after a second it drops to 20MB/s. On Windows 7 it was usually around 100MB/s. This is for transferring to second hard drive. It's even slower transferring to USB drive, about 2 MB/s. 15426