Windows 10: Slow from hibernation & screen display mode

Discus and support Slow from hibernation & screen display mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Have just finished sorting out some issues with my PC, which are now fully resolved, 1-however it takes far longer than it used to when coming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by reddwarf4ever, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Slow from hibernation & screen display mode

Hi

Have just finished sorting out some issues with my PC, which are now fully resolved,

1-however it takes far longer than it used to when coming out of hibernation....typically a minute, used to be only a 10-20 seconds, especially as I have an SSD. Strange thing is that it starts up quicker from shutdown or restart.

2- occasionally it starts up with a VGA type display...everything bigger than it should be, not sure if theres an easy fix, recently reinstalled the graphic driver, to get the Nvidia control panel.

thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jun 18, 2020

2. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Jun 18, 2020
  3. PJS
    pjs Win User
    PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

4. Ernie San Win User

Slow from hibernation & screen display mode

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Slow from hibernation & screen display mode

1. Slow from hibernation & screen display mode - Similar Threads - Slow hibernation screen

2. Disable Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Hibernate Mode: Is it fine to disable hiberfil.sys when i don't use hibernate mode? But hibernate mode is not on power settting with shut down and restart. What happen after i disable hibernate mode? Is the startup become slow if i turn on my pc?...
  3. no hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    no hibernate mode: Hello, For some weeks now, my PC (version 1809) will not sleep on it's own and if I set it to sleep, I find it awake later. If I leave for work or go to bed I have been shutting down just to ease my mind about what is happening. Why won't my PC sleep any more? Thanks! 149424
  4. hibernate mode failure

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hibernate mode failure: hi, I have a problem using the hibernate mode in windows 10. When I hibernate my laptop, it reboots. I used to hibernate my laptop successfully but now that seems to fail. I have tried every possible way to fix it as suggested from various sites but non seems to work....
  5. Display slow to turn on after sleep mode.

Display slow to turn on after sleep mode.: I was able to fix this after a few hours of searching and watching videos. All I needed to do was to type in "create a restore point" in the search bar. From there I was able to restore the PC to a point before the problem began. I had to do it twice because Malwarebytes...
  6. Hibernate Slow to restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hibernate Slow to restart: Since most recent updates when I resume after hibernation usually overnight my system is incredibly slow to work Does anyone have a fix, I've tried clearing cache before hibernation....
  7. Computer won't wake from hibernation mode

Computer won't wake from hibernation mode: I have a HP spectre computer, and it doesn't wake up from hibernation. I have tried ti use the windows button + x, but nothing happens! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-wake-from-hibernation-mode/407dbe9f-b137-493f-80f7-7808dad92efd
  8. awake from hibernate mode on Laptop

awake from hibernate mode on Laptop: So, I just got a new laptop, it seems in my settings, that windows by default will go into hibernate mode after 180 minutes, which is fine, however I am using my laptop as a desktop machine mainly, and it's inside a small compartment, and the only way to wake it is to try and...
  9. Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.

Laptop slow to resume from Hibernate.: When I resume my laptop from hibernation it does the following: - the windows logo and circle of dots appears - then the screen goes black - then I get a coloured screen with circle of rotating dots - then a sound which is like a USB device being inserted and immediately...
  10. Hibernate mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernate mode: Hi all , how can I control the PC go to hibernate mode in 3 hours rather than sleep mode ? Thx 47288