Windows 10: Slow HDD 24/7

Discus and support Slow HDD 24/7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, as of recently, I wanted to get my HDD better transfer speeds but I noticed my speeds at 100% usage was less than 15 Mb/s in reading and less than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sebcol2006, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Slow HDD 24/7

So, as of recently, I wanted to get my HDD better transfer speeds but I noticed my speeds at 100% usage was less than 15 Mb/s in reading and less than 1 in write. I checked my hardware specs and made sure all are the same protocol. My HDD is the ST1000DM010 1TB. According to other people's benchmarks, they get about 100 Mb/s. (and yes i did notice the text size change but couldnt change it)

:)

sebcol2006, Jun 24, 2019
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

My HDD drives loads slow..... why?

Hi Muhaimin,

For us to better assist you, we need to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages? Can you send a screenshot?
    • Is your HDD storage full?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Hardware issues may cause the performance to become slow. You can refer to the article on this

link
    to check your Windows 7 hard disk for errors.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Johankaan Win User

Slow HDD 24/7

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Slow HDD 24/7

1. Slow HDD 24/7 - Similar Threads - Slow HDD

2. external hdd not working. slows down computer inaccessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hdd not working. slows down computer inaccessible: I booted my my computer and it booted slower than usual so I just shrugged it off. When I noticed it just appeared as "Local Disk F:" I started to worry and whenever I would interact with it, it would crash explorer so I had to restart. then I unplugged it and the computer...
  3. external hdd not working. slows down computer inaccessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hdd not working. slows down computer inaccessible: I booted my my computer and it booted slower than usual so I just shrugged it off. When I noticed it just appeared as "Local Disk F:" I started to worry and whenever I would interact with it, it would crash explorer so I had to restart. then I unplugged it and the computer...
  4. external hdd not working. slows down computer inaccessible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is my hdd slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hdd slow?: I have a seagate hdd that holds 2 Tb of storage and no where near being full. The task manager does say it is at 100%. Read speed mostly stays under 1 mb / s and write speed jumps up to 100 mb then goes down under 1 mb. What would i do in this situation...
  6. Why is my hdd slow?

Why is my hdd slow?: I have a seagate hdd that holds 2 Tb of storage and no where near being full. The task manager does say it is at 100%. Read speed mostly stays under 1 mb / s and write speed jumps up to 100 mb then goes down under 1 mb. What would i do in this situation...
  7. Pc slow after pc case and hdd replacment

Pc slow after pc case and hdd replacment: So i had an pc,replaced case and replaced one of the hdd's and for some reasson pc is slower than before,also not to mention i tried reinstalling windows,whic didnt work,it takes pc 5 minutes to boot up,while before it would boot real fast,when i click right click on desktoop...
  8. Pc slow after pc case and hdd replacment

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc slow after pc case and hdd replacment: So i had an pc,replaced case and replaced one of the hdd's and for some reasson pc is slower than before,also not to mention i tried reinstalling windows,whic didnt work,it takes pc 5 minutes to boot up,while before it would boot real fast,when i click right click on desktoop...
  9. Pc slow after pc case and hdd replacment

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Connected HDD Slowing down System ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected HDD Slowing down System ...: I have 2 M2 SSD s one with the Windows 11 the other one is for games. I have 2 external HDDs for more games and stuff, when i connect them there are times the OS goes very laggy FPS drops in games and in the system ... The same issue i had on Windows 10 too.If i disconnect...