Windows 10: Slow hibernation process and high CPU usage

Discus and support Slow hibernation process and high CPU usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have an issue with windows 10 hibernation: from start of hibernation or sleep process when monitor turns off to when the laptop turns off it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mohammad Rastkar, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Slow hibernation process and high CPU usage

Hi,
    I have an issue with windows 10 hibernation: from start of hibernation or sleep process when monitor turns off to when the laptop turns off it takes one to two minutes the duration is almost the same for each time. From the start of the process monitor turns off immediately and some seconds later the light of mouse turns off. But from the start, laptop fans goes to higher speeds it should be the sign of high cpu usage maybe around 50% and it continues to the end. Also the hard-disk is not used during this process according to its indicator on the laptop. The same thing happens for hybrid sleep.

So the questions is: Why it takes so long? it should be some processing which interferes with hibernation, but how I could know what is that?
    I tried many options, suggestions, and tools around the Internet, but didn't find the solution. The main reason is there is no produced log during this process, and I can't see anything because monitor is turned off.
    Maybe I can just reinstall the windows, but I did it recently and I don't have the time to do it now, because I did many configurations and customizations for windows or other programs.
    I didn't have this problem before, but the current windows installation is from a new ISO file with higher version and its too late to check that if it had the issue from the beginning of the windows installation or not.

So, is there any solution or a way to know what happens during this long hibernation?!

:)

Mohammad Rastkar, Oct 15, 2020

2. system process high cpu usage

Hello,

To fix high CPU usage issue, please refer these steps:

Try to identify the process creating this issue.

Download Process Explorer from Microsoft:

Process Explorer - Windows Sysinternals

Run the tool then select the system process, right-click and select Properties.

Switch to the Threads tab. This will show which file is using the excessive CPU usage, from which you can then attempt to diagnose it.

Also refer: [FIX] Windows 10 High CPU Usage Problem

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya MVP, Oct 15, 2020
  3. cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

Brevity can be a virtue but it can also be counter-productive.

• Which application demands excessive CPU resources?
    • What would you like to ask?

Frederik Long, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Slow hibernation process and high CPU usage

System Idle Process High cpu usage

What are the processes that cause HIGH CPU usage?

Frederik Long, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Slow hibernation process and high CPU usage

1. Slow hibernation process and high CPU usage - Similar Threads - Slow hibernation process

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. 'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage: I've been running a game, until I realised the framerate suddenly reduced for a while: from 350 Framerate Per Second FPS to 230. I checked the Task Manager to make sure if everything is going as intended or not, and it looks like the process called just "System" is using 25%...
  5. 'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'System' process ntoskrnl.exe high CPU usage: I've been running a game, until I realised the framerate suddenly reduced for a while: from 350 Framerate Per Second FPS to 230. I checked the Task Manager to make sure if everything is going as intended or not, and it looks like the process called just "System" is using 25%...
  6. High CPU usage by process called "System"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage by process called "System": I have a brand-new DELL XPS 9500 and about half of the time the process called "System" uses between 10 and 15% CPU which is enough to make the computer very hot and that the fans turn at 70% capacity until I reboot the laptop. Dell support said that the use of the...
  7. help for the system process high cpu usage

help for the system process high cpu usage: Whenever I leave my PC idle it always, every single time after exactly 9 minutes causes a significant spike in CPU usage. It will not stop and will remain that way until i merely press a button or move the mouse by 1 milimeter. I've also created another user and it happens...
  8. System Idle Process High CPU Usage

System Idle Process High CPU Usage: I had a Windows 7 Professional and then thought about upgrading to Windows 10 since Windows 7 is coming to end. When I upgraded to Windows 10 i got a random Blue Screen. My PC restarted i opened Task Manager and there it is 100% CPU Usage non-stop. Its really annoying i read...
  9. system process high cpu usage

system process high cpu usage: so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage and it was after when i connected 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-high-cpu-usage/f6b03902-5c5d-45ad-a4b1-3087455f1c83
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...