Windows 10: Slow HP laptop, High CPU and Disk usage, takes a long time to create new files.

Discus and support Slow HP laptop, High CPU and Disk usage, takes a long time to create new files. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got a new laptop a few months ago, HP Model 15-db0011dx. It can get extremely slow, even when only used for light browsing, and when I check Task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LauraBriones2, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Slow HP laptop, High CPU and Disk usage, takes a long time to create new files.

I got a new laptop a few months ago, HP Model 15-db0011dx. It can get extremely slow, even when only used for light browsing, and when I check Task Manager, CPU and Disk usage can often stay above 60%, often times reaching upwards 98% for no reason. Also, it takes a very long time to create new folders in file explorer. When I right click and then select "New", File Explorer stops responding for a little while until finally the option to create a new folder pops up.

The only third party anti-virus software I have downloaded is Avast and Malwarebytes

:)

LauraBriones2, Sep 18, 2019

2. System and compressed memory high CPU usage

I am trying again with the same problem, hoping that someone from Microsoft will offer help. I have a HP laptop with Windows 10. 3 weeks ago, after a Windows update the “System…” process started to run continuously. Due to the high CPU usage, the system
    is not usable, is very slow, or is frozen, or it is restarting form time to time. Meantime, a new Windows update was installed, but there is no improvement.

I have no applications/gams installed, I’m using the laptop mainly to connect at work, using internet Explorer 11. I am surprized that there is no answer from Microsoft, especially for such problems which in my opinion are the result of the automatic Windows
    update, on which I have no control.

There is a replay from DenetteBoyd-King, for which I’m thankful. I’ll will try to follow the suggested steps, but the first step appear to me very complex and long. Installing so many applications on my computer it will take a long time because the computer
    is very slow, currently.

Adrian_710, Sep 18, 2019
  3. fadi Win User
    High cpu and disk usage

after updating the wifi driver it seems that it's now normal.

Slow HP laptop, High CPU and Disk usage, takes a long time to create new files. [​IMG]

This is sample from windows update there is a very long list and I didn't notice any update failure.

Slow HP laptop, High CPU and Disk usage, takes a long time to create new files. [​IMG]

4. Slow HP laptop, High CPU and Disk usage, takes a long time to create new files.

cpu usage high internet slow windows 7

Brevity can be a virtue but it can also be counter-productive.

• Which application demands excessive CPU resources?
    • What would you like to ask?

Frederik Long, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Slow HP laptop, High CPU and Disk usage, takes a long time to create new files.

1. Slow HP laptop, High CPU and Disk usage, takes a long time to create new files. - Similar Threads - Slow laptop High

2. 100% CPU & Disk usage, with long restart & startup time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% CPU & Disk usage, with long restart & startup time: So hello, I am suffering from all those problems at the same time:1. At first, system interrupts uses 100% of the CPU, and sometimes, system and wsappx use 100% of the Disk. I do not know what the reason is, and I did not find a useful solution.-----2. & about the long...
  3. 100% CPU & Disk usage, with long restart & startup time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% CPU & Disk usage, with long restart & startup time: So hello, I am suffering from all those problems at the same time:1. At first, system interrupts uses 100% of the CPU, and sometimes, system and wsappx use 100% of the Disk. I do not know what the reason is, and I did not find a useful solution.-----2. & about the long...
  4. 100% CPU & Disk usage, with long restart & startup time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. High CPU & Disk Space Usage

High CPU & Disk Space Usage: Hello Microsoft Community.Hoping to get some help to troubleshoot some issues I've had with my laptop for a while now.Primary pain point is that the computer boots and runs extremely slowly. This has been the case for a long time. CPU and/or Disk tend to run at 100%. I'm...
  6. high CPU and disk usage

high CPU and disk usage: My laptop has been with this problem for days in which sometimes the programs do not respondor they take a long time to respondI already restored windows and I still have the same problemthe cpu reaches 70%and disk 100%...
  7. High CPU and Disk usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High CPU and Disk usage.: My 3 year old PC suffers from high CPU and Disk usage. If one is normal the other goes up to %100. This continues for more than a year. I cleaned my PC, changed the thermal cooler of the CPU, resetted the whole system but still couldn't get rid of the problem. The weird...
  8. High disk and cpu usage all the time

High disk and cpu usage all the time: I have - Dell Inspiron 5567 Intel CoreTM i7-7500U RAM - 16 GB When i bought my laptop, in starting days it's running quite well but after few days in task manager it shows disk usage 100% with or without any running application so I run my drivers update some of them are...
  9. CPU/DISK high Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU/DISK high Usage: hello guys, I have a Laptop MSI GL72 6QD since 2 days ago i started having some problems with high usage of cpu/disk/gpu more than as the usual. the game i used to play is a mmo but it just started happening from nowhere . [ATTACH]...
  10. High cpu and disk usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High cpu and disk usage: Hi everyone I have an old Acer laptop. It has the issue of consuming high levels of disk and CPU when applications are running. I tried to do windows 10 reset, but the issue still exist. Thanks in advance 82730

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new hp laptop keeps getting slower and slower.