Windows 10: Slow install - Getting Devices

Discus and support Slow install - Getting Devices in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have installed Build 9841 a 2nd time into a clean partition of an SSD. I wiped the previous partition. It got to 'Getting Devices 95%' quite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by machare, Oct 29, 2014.

1. machare Win User

Slow install - Getting Devices

I have installed Build 9841 a 2nd time into a clean partition of an SSD. I wiped the previous partition.

It got to 'Getting Devices 95%' quite quickly, but it took well over an hour to get from there to 100%.
    I am sure the original install was quicker.

The hardware configuration is exactly the same. I used the same Kingston DataTraveler G4 for both installs.

Google suggest that other people have had similar problems with earlier versions of Windows.

Any suggestions as to what causes this problem?

:)

machare, Oct 29, 2014
  2. PaulPChou Win User

Windows 10 Stuck on 'Getting Windows Ready' after trying to restart

It depends on the speed of the connection. If you have a slow connection, then it will be slow. Getting Windows Ready means that there are updates in the background installing, etc. Force shutdown your device and wait for some minutes and then turn on
    the device. But you might have to reinstall Windows through a usb drive.

PaulPChou, Oct 29, 2014
  3. Windows 10 install stuck at getting devices ready 8%

You should make sure you delete all partitions during setup.

See instructions how to do that during a clean install:

You will likely need to power down, start your computer then boot from the USB then follow the instructions again.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 29, 2014
Thema:

Slow install - Getting Devices

1. Slow install - Getting Devices - Similar Threads - Slow install Getting

2. Laptop is getting slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is getting slow: Hello. Suddenly my laptop is getting slow. And I noticed something about to worry while I am scrolling down in file manager it shows like barr code. I am attaching an image of that. Can you please tell me about that and why it is showing?...
  3. Laptop is getting slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is getting slow: Hello. Suddenly my laptop is getting slow. And I noticed something about to worry while I am scrolling down in file manager it shows like barr code. I am attaching an image of that. Can you please tell me about that and why it is showing?...
  4. Storage Devices Very Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Devices Very Slow: i have a 240gb ssd, 2tb HDD and a 160gb HDD. My system is good i have 16gb ram as well but for some reason my drives have become extremely slow. The speed goes from 18mb down to 0kb in a few seconds and then remains that low. during downloading/uploading and transfering files...
  5. Storage Devices Very Slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage Devices Very Slow: i have a 240gb ssd, 2tb HDD and a 160gb HDD. My system is good i have 16gb ram as well but for some reason my drives have become extremely slow. The speed goes from 18mb down to 0kb in a few seconds and then remains that low. during downloading/uploading and transfering files...
  6. Storage Devices Very Slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. WIFI Signal Slow on the device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI Signal Slow on the device: I recently changed the hard drive of my laptop from HDD to SSD but for some reason on this particular device the wifi signal receiving strength is low like until I sit right beside my internet router the signal wont reach my laptop like if I go in some other room or somewhere...
  8. Getting a report of installed device drivers and levels

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting a report of installed device drivers and levels: It used to be possible to do this in Device Manager IIRC, but with Windows 10 installed I can't see how to get a device driver report. Has this been taken away? If so what will produce such a report? Thanks Dave 35471
  9. Installing extremely slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing extremely slow: Tried moving thread but unable! See general support.. 96678
  10. Devices and printer slow to load

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices and printer slow to load: just like my title says my devices and printers is just slow to load pretty much have the same things installed as my desktop which still is in 7 and it instantly loads up. laptop was the same way when it was in 7 now in 10 it just take like minutes to load up. any one else...