Windows 10: Slow internet, both wired and wireless

Discus and support Slow internet, both wired and wireless in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; two computers side by side, similar hardware dell i7 win 10 pro running fine, dell i3 win 10 slower, one running 200 MBPS, other won't go over 15 MBPS,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave Pagani, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Slow internet, both wired and wireless

two computers side by side, similar hardware dell i7 win 10 pro running fine, dell i3 win 10 slower, one running 200 MBPS, other won't go over 15 MBPS, checked as many setting as possible. slower unit running Win 10, unit running faster is win 10 pro, any help appreciated.

:)

Dave Pagani, Sep 2, 2020

2. Wireless laptop - wired desktop - internet

I'd recommend a wireless router. Plug the desktop into the router via wired cable. Plug your Internet device into the router. And then the laptop will have wireless Internet access.

Most desktops have wired integrated. Most laptops have wireless integrated. All you should need is a router and maybe some cables. Wireless routers start around $50 USD.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Wireless to Wired?

like has already been said, upgrade your wired router to a wireless one.

BarbaricSoul, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Slow internet, both wired and wireless

Slow Internet Issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties that you are facing with internet lag in your laptop and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the laptop?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What type of internet connection are you using (wired/wireless)?
    • Are you facing lag issue with any other device like a smart phone or a different laptop to the same network?
    • Do you face the same issue connecting the Laptop to a different network?
    • Did you try connecting the laptop using an Ethernet cable?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform the steps as mentioned in this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and let us know the end result.

As an additional information, you can refer this article:

Why is my Internet connection so slow?

Note: This article is for Windows 7, but it holds good for Windows 10

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Slow internet, both wired and wireless

1. Slow internet, both wired and wireless - Similar Threads - Slow internet both

2. Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless: Win 11 Home 22H2Randomly, I get disconnected from the internet. I've looked at numerous Youtube videos and websites trying to find a solution to my problem. Nothing seems to work. What is really frustrating is I've run the troubleshooter for internet issues. The...
  3. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  4. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  5. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Wired to wireless internet using dongles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wired to wireless internet using dongles: Somewhere our phones do not have any data plan . That place has a desktop with internet connection . No wifi card builtin and since*It is an ALL in one computer we cannot install pci* wifi card. We can only have wifi adapter or dongles on a usb port. How safe is to create a...
  7. network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless)

network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless): My system has been frequently disconnecting from my network for several months. I connect via ethernet cable using the Realtek PCIe GbE adapter built into the motherboard. I've updated the driver both from the motherboard manufacturer as well as directly from Realtek with...
  8. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  9. Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi

Ethernet disrupts Internet connection for both wired and WiFi: I've been having increasingly worse internet connectivity issues for a while now. I bought a new computer and it was fixed for about 2 years, but then it started again, exactly as before. Recently it became so bad (and no advice from the internet would work) that I bought a...
  10. "No Internet access" with both Ethernet and wireless

"No Internet access" with both Ethernet and wireless: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 and suddenly today I lost all internet access. Whether I'm connected through wireless or through an Ethernet cable, I'm consistently getting the little yellow triangle and "identifying, no internet access". Troubleshooting gives me...