Windows 10: Slow Internet Broadcom Adapter

Discus and support Slow Internet Broadcom Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have an issue with my Broadcom BCM57781 adapter that seems to be unrelated to damage or anything else that would cause ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CntrlAltDel, May 23, 2020.

1. Slow Internet Broadcom Adapter

Hi everyone,

I have an issue with my Broadcom BCM57781 adapter that seems to be unrelated to damage or anything else that would cause ethernet adapters to go haywire.

The issue I'm experiencing is that I get very slow internet speeds on sub 1Mbps, I have to disable or uninstall the adapter and reinstall it and thereafter the speeds are restored again.

I know this is not an issue with the download server because I've tested it with my phone using wifi and the speed is maxed out at 100Mbps.

I've seen many people complain about this issue with Broadcom's consumer level networking equipment and was wondering if anyone knows a fix to this.

So far I've tried every single driver that's supported on Windows 10 for this adapter including Microsoft's generic driver all of them at some point has this same symptom.

This issue has not started recently, it has always been like this on Windows 10.

I'd be very grateful if someone could shed light on what's happening here.

Windows 10 1909 (18363.836).

:)

CntrlAltDel, May 23, 2020
  2. StevemXA Win User

Broadcom 802.11g adapter

Recently ( Nov 2019) updated win 7 to 10 build 18363. My Broadcom WLAN adapter which was listed in device manager up until yesterday (20 dec) has simply disappeared, although when looking in system under "components/network/adapter it is listed as installed.

Now I have no WiFi or Bluetooth connections listed or available in settings/ network & internet! Now I can only connect to the internet by running a 45 foot cable from my modem to the desktop. Everything was working up until (20 dec). I tested the half
    card in another comp and it works although its running win 7.

I have read of problems with Broadcom and Win 10 is there any fix???

StevemXA, May 23, 2020
  3. Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter is not working

Hi Tracey,

Corrupted wireless driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the driver to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Click Network adapters to expand the list.
    • Right-click Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter, then click Properties.
    • Go to Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Note: After restarting your computer. Windows will automatically install a generic driver on your computer.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, May 23, 2020
  4. DavidY65 Win User

Slow Internet Broadcom Adapter

Problems with Creators Update and Broadcom 440x adapter

It's very unlikely to - Broadcom 440x is not a wireless adaptor!

Someone changed the title of the thread to say it was a wireless adaptor, but I think this is incorrect as the Broadcom 440x is the driver for a wired ethernet adaptor, not WiFi.

The confusion may have been caused because when it was failing, the Broadcom issue also breaks the WiFi networking at the same time, but the actual wireless adaptor isn't the Broadcom 440x in this scenario.

DavidY65, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Slow Internet Broadcom Adapter

1. Slow Internet Broadcom Adapter - Similar Threads - Slow Internet Broadcom

2. Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO Adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO Adapter: I have a laptop it has Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO Adapter but something is wrong with it and it's stopping me from getting connected to the internet can someone give me a new adapter to download and tell me how to apply it?...
  3. Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO Adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO Adapter: I have a laptop it has Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO Adapter but something is wrong with it and it's stopping me from getting connected to the internet can someone give me a new adapter to download and tell me how to apply it?...
  4. Broadcom 802.11ac WDI SDIO Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Broadcom network adapter not functioning properly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broadcom network adapter not functioning properly.: I was having couple of problems with my pc which I had mentioned them all in my previous question that I had asked, can you please check that all, after that only try to answer my question, I will provide the link just below of this line. my previous question where I had...
  6. Broadcom 802.11g network adapter - Better/latest adapter?

Broadcom 802.11g network adapter - Better/latest adapter?: Hello, My old laptop has this wireless LAN adapter which I want to replace with a better/latest receiver supporting latest protocol. Kindly suggest me great products. Also, should I go with a combo Wireless LAN/Bluetooth receiver instead?...
  7. Broadcom 802.11g adapter

Broadcom 802.11g adapter: Recently Nov 2019 updated win 7 to 10 build 18363. My Broadcom WLAN adapter which was listed in device manager up until yesterday 20 dec has simply disappeared, although when looking in system under "components/network/adapter it is listed as installed. Now I have no...
  8. problem with broadcom 802.11n network adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problem with broadcom 802.11n network adapter: Hey guys, when problem with problem with broadcom 802.11n network adapter will be fixed??? I paid for windows 10, and now my PC cant use internet because u do updates, that destroy good device drivers!!! if problem not resolved soon! i will create actions against you!!! I...
  9. Broadcom wifi adapter issues

Broadcom wifi adapter issues: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] For many weeks now I have been experiencing issues with the wifi connection to my HP Pavilion laptop. For no apparent reason the wifi adapter stops working and on running the troubleshooter I get the error message "Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn wi-fi...
  10. Broadcom network adapter 802.11n

Broadcom network adapter 802.11n: Hello I am not having network issues but, when I run Macrium Reflect it says, "Click here to update the network adapter." It seems to sense my network adapter is not adequate to use a network if I were to choose to do so. Is this an indication my Windows 10 Pro has a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. broadcom 802.11n network adapter slow wifi

2. broadcom wlan adapter not full speed

3. 802.11g adapter is very slow