Windows 10: Slow Internet Connection

Discus and support Slow Internet Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been having a slow internet connection just on my laptop for 2 days now. I tried restarting my laptop, checking my connection on wifi settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by whatisthemma, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Slow Internet Connection

I've been having a slow internet connection just on my laptop for 2 days now. I tried restarting my laptop, checking my connection on wifi settings, and looking for answers for my problem on the help page. I also know that it's not because of outside condition, plus, all of my other devices are working fine.

This is a big problem for me, since I use my laptop for very long periods of time everyday. All of my streaming services, and videos are in the lowest quality, and buffer every couple of seconds. Discord messages and images are taking a long time to send and receive.

Does anyone know a solution to my slow internet connection problem?

:)

whatisthemma, Feb 22, 2019

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Slow internet connection from Wifi - Network adaptor

Hi Maegen,

Slow internet connection could be due to outdated network adapter driver or Wi-Fi signal interruptions.

We would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you tried updating your network adapter driver?
    • Do you have any anti-virus or 3rd party security app running?
    • Is your computer updating Windows or other programs?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to run Network Adapter troubleshooter and
    Internet Connection troubleshooter. It will find and fix problems with wireless network adapters and Internet connections. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Click Update & Security, then choose Troubleshoot.
    • Click Internet Connections and Network Adapter.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Slow Internet Connection

Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Slow Internet Connection

1. Slow Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Slow Internet Connection

2. Internet connection slow on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection slow on startup: Around 10 months ago I noticed that my wife does not automatically connect on startup which is annoying as many of my programmes like steam and Skype now attempt to run before my computer is connected to the internet. After about 3 minutes it then does automatically connect...
  3. Internet Connect SLOW to connect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet Connect SLOW to connect: Windows 10 Version 20H2. Desktop PC its 6 years old...for sometime it has taken longer to complete Bootup....Desktop displays but Blue circle circles....3 to 5 mins before I can use PC. Of late, the Internet is now also taking longer to connect. It has nothing to do with my...
  4. Internet Connect SLOW to connect

Internet Connect SLOW to connect: Windows 10 Version 20H2. Desktop PC its 6 years old...for sometime it has taken longer to complete Bootup....Desktop displays but Blue circle circles....3 to 5 mins before I can use PC. Of late, the Internet is now also taking longer to connect. It has nothing to do with my...
  5. Very Slow Internet Connections

in Windows 10 Support
    Very Slow Internet Connections: For the past few days, my wife's computer has been very slow to connect to the Internet. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900). Browsers used: FIrefox, MS Edge (not the new one), Google Chrome. Examples: 1. NY Times, 21 seconds to connect, then articles downloaded...
  6. Slow Internet Connection

Slow Internet Connection: Network is really slow on this windows 10 PC. Speed is completely fine for other devices. Fixes performed Update Network adapter Reinstall network adapter Running Windows troubleshooter Rebooting and restarting router...
  7. Internet connection slows

Internet connection slows: My ethernet speed is slower than my wifi connection. Dell Inspirion desktop. I also have a Dell laptop, same model family. When I check my internet speed on the laptop, it is around 90M and the wifi is around 15M. The desktop and laptop are on the same modem directly...
  8. Slow internet connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow internet connection: This new labtop is connecting with my internet at 8 meg per second when it should be at 100 like the other pcs with the same line connection and or wifi. What could be the problem and how can I fix it? This is a new pc....
  9. Slow Internet connection

Slow Internet connection: I've tried fixing internet lag spikes since i got laptop , its like 1 year now and still found no fix , i'd think it might be windows process or service. Anyone might know? ***Original title: Any fixes?***...
  10. Slow/No internet connection

Slow/No internet connection: Hello, After the last update on 10.04 I have a problem with the internet speed. It's either working really slow or not working at all. I tried to follow the guides on the internet (drivers, console commands etc), but nothing works. Can anyone help?...