Windows 10: Slow Internet Download Speed from Browser/s but not from App.

Discus and support Slow Internet Download Speed from Browser/s but not from App. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've noticed a recent change to my Internet Download speed; the Ookla speedtest run from Edge or Chrome is limited to about 4.7Mbps whereas if I run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ib1228741484, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Slow Internet Download Speed from Browser/s but not from App.

I've noticed a recent change to my Internet Download speed; the Ookla speedtest run from Edge or Chrome is limited to about 4.7Mbps whereas if I run the Ookla App the full capacity of 20.8Mbps is achieved, which is what I used to get on a Browser; I can also run the test on my Windows Phone (using Edge and a Hotspot from the PC) and achieve 20.8Mbps; if I run the test on both I get 4.7Mbps on the PC and the reamining 16Mbps on the Phone.

I've tried some advised solutions; but the App and Browsers use the same Network - tried turning off the Firewall etc. but no luck. Microsoft Engineer took remote control and reset Edge, but no change. Help!

:)

ib1228741484, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Download speed is slow when downloading apps from the Store

Hi Elijah,

A few possible reasons can cause slow download speed when installing apps. To help us identify the cause of this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you also experience slow connection when browsing the Internet using Edge?
    • What is the make and model of your phone?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to your reply.

Gino Des, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Internet speed is really slow on any browser, except Edge

Hi Galih,

There are several possible reasons why your internet/download speed becomes slow on your Windows 10 computer. It can depend on different factors such as the type of connection, your internet connection speed and the speed of you computer.

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Are you using a wired or wireless connection?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?
    • What were you trying to download?
    • Do you experience similar issues when downloading other files?

For steps to help resolve connection issues, you can refer to the article on this

link

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Slow Internet Download Speed from Browser/s but not from App.

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Slow Internet Download Speed from Browser/s but not from App.

1. Slow Internet Download Speed from Browser/s but not from App. - Similar Threads - Slow Internet Download

2. Internet speeds slow in browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet speeds slow in browsers: Hi all,Recently the internet in my browsers has been very slow, and when doing a speedtest it stays at 0 Mbps download for a few seconds before jumping to 70 Mbps, sitting there for 1/3 of the speedtest, then jumping to 100 Mbps, then slowly creeping up to 250 Mbps above what...
  3. Internet speeds slow in browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet speeds slow in browsers: Hi all,Recently the internet in my browsers has been very slow, and when doing a speedtest it stays at 0 Mbps download for a few seconds before jumping to 70 Mbps, sitting there for 1/3 of the speedtest, then jumping to 100 Mbps, then slowly creeping up to 250 Mbps above what...
  4. Slow download speed like 30mb/s but fast internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow download speed like 30mb/s but fast internet: Need help! When ever I download something the download speed is pretty slow I have a ethernet cable and 2 routers, yes the ethernet is the one I am using for internet . I have a i9-10900k and my internet speed is ....
  5. Slow download speed from xbox app on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow download speed from xbox app on PC: I've just upgraded from windows 10 to 11 and am now having an issue this problem was the same on windows 10 too i have the gamepass for PC and when downloading games now via the xbox app i'm only getting download speeds of 3-4mb/s. It wasn't a problem on windows 10 as i just...
  6. Slow download speed from xbox app on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow download speed from xbox app on PC: I've just upgraded from windows 10 to 11 and am now having an issue this problem was the same on windows 10 too i have the gamepass for PC and when downloading games now via the xbox app i'm only getting download speeds of 3-4mb/s. It wasn't a problem on windows 10 as i just...
  7. Internet download speed slow.

Internet download speed slow.: PC originally Win 8.1 - updated to Win 10. Have superfast broadband. Internet download speed significantly reduced/throttled. Can only be rectified by going into Safe Mode with Networking. What is the cause of this? Is it possible to restore full download speed in Normal...
  8. downloading from microsoft store with painfully slow internet speed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    downloading from microsoft store with painfully slow internet speed: hi. with that out of the way. i have incredibly slow internet for the modern age. im talking less then a mb a sec and i just bought halo wars 2 since it was on sale. ive been trying to download it for the last 24 hours. and it seems like the microsoft store invalidates...
  9. Internet speed is slow on all browsers

Internet speed is slow on all browsers: Hi, after the recent updateFebruary 2020 of windows 10 all my browsers like brave, firefox, chrome have a very slow speed to browse maximum of 64kbps my internet speed works fine on all my other devicesphone or pc. I also noticed idm's download speed works smoothly as usual....
  10. Download speeds in browser is slow

Download speeds in browser is slow: I don't know how better to title my post, but download speeds in any browser on my main PC are very slow. First off, my specs: HP Envy 700-059cb Windows 10 (whatever the latest version is for inside preview) 8gb ram i7 4770 My home network is powered by a Rogers...