Windows 10: Slow internet in normal mode but fast in safe mode

Discus and support Slow internet in normal mode but fast in safe mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, In the past week my internet suddenly slowed down for some reason. At first i thought it was ISP problem but after calling them and let a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jordiye, Sep 18, 2020.

1. jordiye Win User

Slow internet in normal mode but fast in safe mode

Hi guys,

In the past week my internet suddenly slowed down for some reason. At first i thought it was ISP problem but after calling them and let a techinician come to check, he couldn't find any problem. Even more, he tried the internet with his own computer and it was pretty fast 600mb.

Then after reading different posts i tried to check my internet in safe mode and, surprisingly my speed internet was around 600mb which is my normal speed and my latency was around 15-20ms. However, when i turn it back to normal mode the speed suddenly reduceds to 100-200mb and the ping gets high 60-80.

I tried everything i have read, antivirus scan, spyware scan, even closed everything and checked the usage of my network through "resources monitro"application from Windows and didn't see anything weird see attached pic

Slow internet in normal mode but fast in safe mode a3a5e144-b84a-417a-af2e-eb1d727dd9c3?upload=true.png

I just don't know what else to do...as far as i know it is my PC problem, but i can't find the problem. My internet and everything was OK just a week ago and i unistalled all stuff that was new during this week but still not working.

Thanks in advance for the help and do not hesitate to ask any further information.

:)

jordiye, Sep 18, 2020

2. Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode

Thanks Tomcat, i refreshed the page then took this the only thing i have not seen before is the LenovoPC.lan could it be the problem?

Slow internet in normal mode but fast in safe mode [​IMG]

Max Headroom, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode

I refreshed a lot of tabs in his one i hope it helps.

Sorry for blanking parts of the addresses out i haven't a clue if the numbers mean anything.

Max Headroom, Sep 18, 2020
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode

Nothing obvious there to indicate Chrome using your Lenovo LAN is hogging anything. It's barely moving. Sort the Total Bytes column descending to put the most active on top.

f14tomcat, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow internet in normal mode but fast in safe mode - Similar Threads - Slow internet normal

2. Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is opening in safe mode but not in normal mode.: Hello,I have a very old laptop. One day i tried to open it after a long time. When, i opened it, the screen was black. But, the idication light was showing that the laptop is opened. When, i try to open it. It shows windows not shut down successfully. Then, i put the start...
  3. Slow internet speeds outside safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speeds outside safe mode: So, we just moved my partners computer over to my place and setting up internet. His speeds are just garbage.I get 80/80 speed, he gets tops 20/0.5 No matter if we switch network cables. The speed is consistent. So it seems located to his computerIn safe mode, he gets good...
  4. HDD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Everything was fine a few days ago, and sudden after I restarted my PC, my PC cannot connect my D drive HDD drive. But when I enter safe mode, everything still work as the bug never happened!Every times I boot in normal mode and enter disk management, I can see the D...
  5. extremely slow wifi in normal mode, but fast wifi in Clean Boot mode

extremely slow wifi in normal mode, but fast wifi in Clean Boot mode: Hi all, As the title says, I have extremely slow Wi-Fi in normal mode, (3Mbps) so I performed a Clean Boot and now I have good Wi-Fi in Clean Boot mode (50Mbps). So the question is - how can I work out which program(s) is slowing my internet speed? I'm hoping there's a really...
  6. SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Strange problem. An SSD drive I have and which was accessible until a few days ago, cannot now be accessed via Windows 10 in normal mode. In 'Normal Mode,' the drive shows up in the BIOS, shows up in Disk Manager, show up in File Explorere but when I click on the drive I...
  7. Windows internet speeds are slow in normal boot, fast in safe mode

Windows internet speeds are slow in normal boot, fast in safe mode: My question directly relates to this post but it's locked... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-download-speed-on-windows-10-computer/138d42b7-65cd-42a7-aff4-f71896ba0f2b?page=2 I have a similar setup to the OP. I have 1 Gbit fiber from my...
  8. how to change safe mode to normal mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change safe mode to normal mode: I have searched everywhere to change safe mode can't open apps ,Cortana or sound notification telling me can not access in safe mode this is a h-p laptop HELP...
  9. Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow speed in normal mode fast speed in safe mode: Hi, I tested my speed (PC connected by Ethernet cable) and a couple of days ago i noticed it had dropped to 20 Mbps (i usually get 60+) so having searched online i found it could be a conflict, a few threads pointed to AMD quick stream so i uninstalled it and it made no...
  10. Computer Speed Slow in Windows Standard Mode But Normal in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Speed Slow in Windows Standard Mode But Normal in Safe Mode: I have a Dell XPS 13 9350 Laptop. Running Windows it operates slowly. Checking the speed in Task Manager it shows processor usage of never more than 16% and processor speed of .38 Gigahertz and sure enough everything runs like molasses. When I boot into Safe Mode and check...