Windows 10: Slow Internet on 1 PC, caused by OS global autotuning level????

Discus and support Slow Internet on 1 PC, caused by OS global autotuning level???? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Was working on my son's PC last night and it said there was a new GeForce driver. I downloaded it, and it seemed like it was downloading slow, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pparks1, Feb 28, 2020.

1. pparks1 Win User

Slow Internet on 1 PC, caused by OS global autotuning level????

Was working on my son's PC last night and it said there was a new GeForce driver. I downloaded it, and it seemed like it was downloading slow, but I chalked it up to internet bandwidth. A few minutes later, I decided I too should update my PC's Nvidia driver, and on my PC the download was very fast. 60MB/sec give or take, compared to son's 1.2MB/sec.

Went to son's PC and tested Nvidia again and still slow. Tried a few ISO downloads from the web, and his computer seemed stuck at 1.2MB/sec (give or take), where my PC would run 20-30MB/sec using same mirrors.

I rebooted his PC and it was still slow
    Tried Brave browser, Chrome and Edge...all slow
    Tried changing his network cable, still slow
    His mobo has wifi, so I unplugged ethernet and tried wifi and it was still slow
    I tried updating his LAN drivers from Asus, still slow
    I uninstalled his LAN drivers from ASUS, rebooted and went with standard windows discovered drivers, still slow.

Opened command line as admin, ran this command, but things continued to be slow
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Ran Windows update, downloaded the optional cumulative update for Windows 10 1909, and system was still slow.

Went back and re-enabled the autotuninglevel with
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal.

Viola....speeds were back. Now, his Nvidia downloads were coming down around 50-60MB/sec via Chrome or Brave. Tested the large ISO downloads and speeds matched my other PC on my network.

So, took a Macrium image and made a note in case I ever saw this again.

Figured I would share here in case anybody here sees something similar.

-Pat

:)

pparks1, Feb 28, 2020

2. Slow Internet Connection in Windows 10

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these Methods :

1. Close the Peer to Peer Update Process on Your PC to Fix Slow Internet after Windows 10 Update

Shut down the peer to peer update process on your PC. That is to say, you need to close the channel which you can download applications and system updates from other PC’s connected to the server since it limits your internet bandwidth seeding to other users.

Step 1. Click Start menu and then type Settings to open it.

Step 2. Select “Update and Security“.

Step 3. Click the “Advanced Options” tab.

Step 4. Click the option “Choose How Updates are Delivered".

Step 5. Turn off the On button.

2. Adjust the Internet Bandwidth Settings

Since windows 10, by default, reserves 20% of the internet bandwidth for the system applications and its operating system, you can’t browse or surf on the internet with 100% internet connection. This solution speeds up the dropping internet speed by trimming
    down the bandwidth which is reserved for Windows 10 and system applications. Follow the step-by-step guide to tackle slow internet after Windows 10 Update.

Step 1. Press Windows shortcut keys Win + R to open Run dialog box.

Step 2. Type gpedit.msc and then hit OK.

Step 3. Give permissions. A pop-up window will open with title of Group Policy.

Step 4. Click on Computer Configuration on the right side of the window.

Step 5. Navigate to: Administrative Templates -> Network – > Qos Packet Scheduler – > Limit reservable bandwidth.

Step 6. Click on Enable.

Step 7. Change the Value from 20 to 0.

Step 8. Apply and then click OK.

3. Disable Window Auto-Tuning

Window Auto-Tuning which is enabled by default improves performance for programs by receiving TCP data over a network. Slower internet speed after Windows 10 Update could hit your computer when Window Auto-Tuning feature is “ON”. While luckily, you can disable
    Windows Auto-Tuning level to improve the internet speed for the Windows 10 update. Use administrator privileges to process the following steps.

Step 1. Press Win + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).

Step 2. Type the command netsh interface tcp show global in the window.

Step 3. Check for Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level and if it is normal, you will need to disable it.

Step 4. Type the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled to disable it.

You can perform an internet speed test to see whether those adjustments improve your internet speed or not. If not, you can re-enable the Window Auto-Tuning level by typing the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal in the Command Prompt (Admin).

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-slo...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Eric003 Win User
    Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 1809

I tried this last night and now my laptop is worse. Your first suggestion "choose how updates are delivered" isn't even an option. Hopefully the 1908 update will fix this problem that microsoft caused. Sadly my internet connection keeps disappearing so downloading
    and installing that update isn't really working. Microsoft and their mistake is pointing me towards having to pay someone to come in and fix it. Not happy with Mr Gates right now.

Eric003, Feb 28, 2020
  4. ALJroodyF Win User

Slow Internet Speed on Windows 10 1809

Any other solution?

I have followed all the mention fixes in most of the previous posts; only slight improvement after following this one and it was temporary.

The only practical solution i found is to reset the network settings but it works only for few hours and then the internet get slower overtime.

Microsoft everything was alright until I have updated your June updates.

ALJroodyF, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow Internet on 1 PC, caused by OS global autotuning level???? - Similar Threads - Slow Internet caused

2. SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds: Hello,Last year I upgraded my laptop’s 1tb HDD to a 256gb Samsung Evo SSD. It was working flawlessly. However, recently for no apparent reason, the WiFi speeds got so painfully slow 0.15 mbps down from 30.00 mbps on WiFi that it’s impossible to do anything on it now. I...
  3. SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD causing incredibly slow internet speeds: Hello,Last year I upgraded my laptop’s 1tb HDD to a 256gb Samsung Evo SSD. It was working flawlessly. However, recently for no apparent reason, the WiFi speeds got so painfully slow 0.15 mbps down from 30.00 mbps on WiFi that it’s impossible to do anything on it now. I...
  4. autotuning windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    autotuning windows: Buongiorno, l'autotuning fornisce valori delle finestre esageratamente alte rispetto alla reale capacità della mia rete, questo comporta una connessione troppo lenta dovuta a ritrasmissioni dei pacchetti, ack . I miei sistemi windows 11 21h1 e 10 pro 21h1 non consentono...
  5. autotuning windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    autotuning windows: Buongiorno, l'autotuning fornisce valori delle finestre esageratamente alte rispetto alla reale capacità della mia rete, questo comporta una connessione troppo lenta dovuta a ritrasmissioni dei pacchetti, ack . I miei sistemi windows 11 21h1 e 10 pro 21h1 non consentono...
  6. autotuning windows

7. OS Level mismatch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OS Level mismatch: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shockwaveriderz [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi1hg2/os_level_mismatch/
  8. Windows 10 causing pc operations slowdown and slow internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 causing pc operations slowdown and slow internet: Have Xfinity 200mps internet. Computers use WiFi. My PC, listed below, only gets approx 45mps. Other laptops 2 get approx 190-200. Tried multiple browsers. Assumed it is connected with slowing down of my PC operations. Performed the following: HP Pavilion 400-434 8GB...
  9. Slow Internet on 1 PC, caused by OS global autotuning level????

Slow Internet on 1 PC, caused by OS global autotuning level????: Was working on my son's PC last night and it said there was a new GeForce driver. I downloaded it, and it seemed like it was downloading slow, but I chalked it up to internet bandwidth. A few minutes later, I decided I too should update my PC's Nvidia driver, and on my PC the...
  10. Internet Security - Global Services

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet Security - Global Services: I recently signed up for a service on my Windows 10 computer after experiencing some technical issues. It was called Global Services and had a tech support number of 1-844-331-2777. I was led to believe that they were a Microsoft support company. I haven't necessarily had...