Windows 10: slow internet on killer wifi and external adapter

Discus and support slow internet on killer wifi and external adapter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10:I'm trying to figure out why I'm the same exact speeds on two different network adapters. My phone next to my laptop is clocking in almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CoryL2, Dec 24, 2021.

1. CoryL2 Win User

slow internet on killer wifi and external adapter

Windows 10:I'm trying to figure out why I'm the same exact speeds on two different network adapters. My phone next to my laptop is clocking in almost 300mbpsmy onboard NIC and my external dual band adapter are both clocking 30mbps or less. The upload speed is the same for all three.Normally my network adapters are the same, if not faster than my phone wifi.

:)

CoryL2, Dec 24, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow internet connection from Wifi - Network adaptor

Hi Maegen,

Slow internet connection could be due to outdated network adapter driver or Wi-Fi signal interruptions.

We would like to know some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you tried updating your network adapter driver?
    • Do you have any anti-virus or 3rd party security app running?
    • Is your computer updating Windows or other programs?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to run Network Adapter troubleshooter and
    Internet Connection troubleshooter. It will find and fix problems with wireless network adapters and Internet connections. Follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • Click Update & Security, then choose Troubleshoot.
    • Click Internet Connections and Network Adapter.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 24, 2021
  3. Zontir Win User
    Problems when sharing WiFi with the Virtual Adapter

For many years I have always shared Internet to my devices like phone and tablet with my PC's WiFi antenna through the Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, I only use it for that, since I have a cable connection, and I start the wifi with the command NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork previously having done the settings of NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="Wifi" key="password".

For my devices to connect it is necessary that the Virtual Adapter that is created with that command has access to the Internet, for this I have to share the Internet from my Ethernet adapter to the Virtual Wifi adapter.

For some time now (a couple of months) I've been experiencing problems when sharing the Internet through that medium. The problem is that when I start the WiFi my devices do not connect, they say "Getting IP address" and never connect.

I have found the solution and I have to do the following:

1. Disable the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan stop hostednetwork.
    2. Remove the connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter.
    3. Activate the Virtual Adapter with the command netsh wlan start hostednetwork.
    4. Adding connection sharing from the Ethernet Adapter to the Virtual Adapter again.

By doing these steps my devices can now be connected to the Wifi, but sometimes it doesn't work if I do these steps too quickly. I have noticed that if I do step 3 and 4 too quickly it does not work and I have to repeat the process but doing these last two steps more slowly, until the Virtual Adapter gets an IP address 192.168.137.1 from Internet Protocol version 4

Also this problem does not occur 100% of the time. Sometimes when I run the command to start the Wifi everything happens fine and my devices connect well but this only works after my PC has been on for at least 5 minutes (I haven't counted it). If I run the command as soon as my PC has turned on then it doesn't work anymore.

As I mentioned before this problem didn't occur before because I had configured a .bat file that ran as soon as the PC was turned on with the NETSH WLAN start hostednetwork command and everything worked fine.

Now, I would like to go back to before when everything was fine so that when my PC starts up the WiFi too and I don't have to do all this protocol all the time, but with a simple command everything is solved.

Could someone give me a hand with this?

Zontir, Dec 24, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

Update made wifi adapter disapear

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle but there is no wifi section in Settings, Networks then reinstall the wifi adapter.

If the wifi adapter appears in Device manager without any warning triangle and there is a wifi section in Settings, Networks then use Settings, Update, Troubleshoot. I'd suggest this sequence:-
    Hardware & devices
    Network adapter
    Internet connections

Best of luck,
    Denis

Thema:

1. slow internet on killer wifi and external adapter - Similar Threads - slow internet killer

2. slow internet on killer wifi and external adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow internet on killer wifi and external adapter: Windows 10:I'm trying to figure out why I'm the same exact speeds on two different network adapters. My phone next to my laptop is clocking in almost 300mbpsmy onboard NIC and my external dual band adapter are both clocking 30mbps or less. The upload speed is the same for all...
  3. slow internet on killer wifi and external adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow internet on killer wifi and external adapter: Windows 10:I'm trying to figure out why I'm the same exact speeds on two different network adapters. My phone next to my laptop is clocking in almost 300mbpsmy onboard NIC and my external dual band adapter are both clocking 30mbps or less. The upload speed is the same for all...
  4. Wifi Adapter very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wifi Adapter very slow: Hai, right now i'm using Acer Aspire E14 with additional usb wifi adapter by TOTO LINK, when I using google or youtube with my laptop, sometimes I often experiencing very slow internet speed, it doesn't happened on my smartphone, so I conclude that this must be something...
  5. Slow internet and wifi

Slow internet and wifi: On network troubleshooter states that device wpad.home is not set up to accept connections on port HTTP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-and-wifi/45ab7abf-47f5-4375-838c-0a5bb5a8718d
  6. Wifi Slow to Boot 2 Wifi Adapters Installed

Wifi Slow to Boot 2 Wifi Adapters Installed: Hello, So when I restart my computer it takes about 2 minutes for my wifi adapter to connect. I have two Wifi adapters. One that came on the motherboard and one I bought external for Wifi6. I am not sure if this is the reason it takes so long to connect after a restart or...
  7. Slow Internet Broadcom Adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow Internet Broadcom Adapter: Hi everyone, I have an issue with my Broadcom BCM57781 adapter that seems to be unrelated to damage or anything else that would cause ethernet adapters to go haywire. The issue I'm experiencing is that I get very slow internet speeds on sub 1Mbps, I have to disable or...
  8. No internet/wifi. Network adapter problem.

No internet/wifi. Network adapter problem.: [IMG] Hello all. Was wondering if I could get some help or opinions. I'm your average user, understand a bit but not an expert. The issue- Three week old Asus laptop X509UA running Win 10, everything going fine but turned on yesterday and no access to wifi/internet at all....
  9. unable to detect external wifi adapter in wsl

unable to detect external wifi adapter in wsl: Hey i installed ubuntu 18 from Microsoft store by using windows subsystem for Linux. Then in ubuntu I installed aircrack-ng and when I enter command sudo airmon-ng it shows this ls: cannot access '/sys/class/ieee80211/': No such file or directory and unable to detect...
  10. usb wifi adapter connected, no internet

usb wifi adapter connected, no internet: It reports connected, no internet. This happened to a tp-link usb and a netgear, both new. Confusing. Turns out, its a Windows 10 update. I tried both usb wifi adapters, editing the registry removing leftover entries between installs. Still happened on both. Restored...