Windows 10: Slow Internet On PC Only

Discus and support Slow Internet On PC Only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I've never posted here before, so please excuse any poor formatting. I have an internet plan with Rogers for Gigabit internet, and it works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Paulo[1], Jan 27, 2020.

1. Paulo[1] Win User

Slow Internet On PC Only

Hi! I've never posted here before, so please excuse any poor formatting.

I have an internet plan with Rogers for Gigabit internet, and it works provably in every area of my house. All of my devices seem to pull hundreds of Mb/s, hindered only by the hardware inside them. The only issue is my PC; while sitting in my chair I can easily pull 200Mb/s without a sweat on my phone, my PC struggles to keep up to even 15, sometimes shaking around 5Mb/s. This has been going on for a while now, however recently it's been especially bad maybe the lowest being 40Mb/s beforehand. I've noticed that recently, when I call people on Discord my internet spikes and causes me to time out with their servers, and this causes Discord to not receive any information from me until I restart the app. It also forcibly disconnects me from multiplayer games when this happens, and while I haven't yet proven this phenomenon to be solely linked to my PC, I still suspect just as much.

Here's some specs:

64 Bit Windows

ASUSTek Motherboard if that matters

Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter

According to what my PC's telling me, I have the latest drivers and windows update.

If there's anything else I could add please let me know, as I'd be happy to give you all the information you need.

EDIT: changed MB/s to mb/s

:)

Paulo[1], Jan 27, 2020

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Slow Internet only on PC.

Hi,

There are a lot of things that affects the speed and performance of your device. Your PC may become very slow when infected by virus and malware or when device's memory space is almost full. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Which Windows version are you using? Type winver in the search bar and press
      Enter to find out.
    • Is your device still slow even if it's disconnected from the internet?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What have yo done so far to to resolve the issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the methods recommended by Prabhavathi Patil in this
    thread to boost your device's performance.

Kindly update this thread with the results.

Rey Bel1, Jan 27, 2020
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Slow Internet On PC Only

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Slow Internet On PC Only

1. Slow Internet On PC Only - Similar Threads - Slow Internet

2. New lap top windows 11 extremely slow on the internet. Wifi 6E?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New lap top windows 11 extremely slow on the internet. Wifi 6E?: Just purchased a new computer, windows 11, wifi 6E, processor 7 ultra. Should be faster than my 6 year old lap top, but all I get is buffering when trying to do simple online tasks? Is there a simple solution, I am a novice when it comes to computers....
  3. New lap top windows 11 extremely slow on the internet. Wifi 6E?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New lap top windows 11 extremely slow on the internet. Wifi 6E?: Just purchased a new computer, windows 11, wifi 6E, processor 7 ultra. Should be faster than my 6 year old lap top, but all I get is buffering when trying to do simple online tasks? Is there a simple solution, I am a novice when it comes to computers....
  4. After computer restarted, some internet is slow, but not all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After computer restarted, some internet is slow, but not all.: I'm on Windows 10.After I restarted my PC, it installed some updates. After that, some internet sites don't fully load.Simple pages load fine.But a site like Podbean doesn't load. Or for iHeart, I can't play an actual podcast.YouTube is fine.I've tried both Firefox and...
  5. After computer restarted, some internet is slow, but not all.

After computer restarted, some internet is slow, but not all.: I'm on Windows 10.After I restarted my PC, it installed some updates. After that, some internet sites don't fully load.Simple pages load fine.But a site like Podbean doesn't load. Or for iHeart, I can't play an actual podcast.YouTube is fine.I've tried both Firefox and...
  6. After computer restarted, some internet is slow, but not all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  8. Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device

Normal internet, extremely slow upload and download speeds on laptop but not any other device: I was installing a game on steam when my download speed dropped from 46 Mbps to 2-4 Mbps. I have scanned for malware, restarted my router, and flushed the DNS. I have also updated my drivers. However, my phone, in the same room, has 200-300 Mbps download and upload speed, and...
  9. Slow internet on single device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow internet on single device: I'm making a new post because I've yet to get another response to my old one I've tried everything I could find. uninstalling drivers, resetting connection, everything. I have no vpns, or anything that would cause this. The only fix I've been able to do is uninstalling media...
  10. Slow internet on single device

Slow internet on single device: I'm making a new post because I've yet to get another response to my old one I've tried everything I could find. uninstalling drivers, resetting connection, everything. I have no vpns, or anything that would cause this. The only fix I've been able to do is uninstalling media...