Windows 10: Slow internet on Windows 10 while XP unit works fine

Discus and support Slow internet on Windows 10 while XP unit works fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having continual low speeds on my Windows 10 computer. I have a Windows XP unit using the same WiFi that performs perfectly regarding download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnIsensee1, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Slow internet on Windows 10 while XP unit works fine

I am having continual low speeds on my Windows 10 computer. I have a Windows XP unit using the same WiFi that performs perfectly regarding download and upload speeds

I have tried most of the "fixes" for slow Windows 10 internet speeds that are available on the internet searches.

I'm in a rural area and I am signed up for 6 mbps (the best that is offered by CenturyLink in this area) and my download speed is consistently below 3 mbps.

Any suggestions?

John

Hewlett-Packard 110-314 1.00
    System Serial Number: MXX4320HWJ
    Asset Tag: MXX4320HWJ
    Enclosure Type: Desktop

Processor​

2.90 gigahertz Intel Core i3-3240T
    128 kilobyte primary memory cache
    512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
    3072 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
    64-bit ready
    Multi-core (2 total)
    Hyper-threaded (4 total)

Main Circuit Board b​

Board: Hewlett-Packard 2AFB 1.02
    Serial Number: 1234567890123456
    Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
    UEFI: AMI 80.20 10/31/2014

↓ 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card #4

Not connected to a network

Dhcp Server:

none responded

Physical Address:

9C:EFSlow internet on Windows 10 while XP unit works fine :D5:FE:4D:6A

Connection Speed:

144 Mbps

Dhcp Server:

none responded

Physical Address:

22:10:B3:27:12:07

↑ Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter

primary

Auto IP Address:

192.168.0.3 / 24

Gateway:

Dhcp Server:

Physical Address:

30:10:B3:27:12:07

Connection Speed:

72 Mbps

I have

Drives​

998.07 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
    893.93 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

hp DVD-RAM SW830 [Optical drive]

WDC WD10EZEX-60M2NA0 [Hard drive] (1000.20 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCC3FC45RPYE, rev 01.01A01, SMART Status: Healthy

:)

JohnIsensee1, Aug 29, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 29, 2019
  3. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Slow internet on Windows 10 while XP unit works fine

Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Slow internet on Windows 10 while XP unit works fine

1. Slow internet on Windows 10 while XP unit works fine - Similar Threads - Slow internet while

2. bad internet while rest devices are fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad internet while rest devices are fine: Hi!..why is my pc's internet so slow while other devices working perfectly fine? are vpns the reasons? i deleted it since i accidently downloaded it i don't know if it causes problems, this aside, but still is there's anything to stop internet lag? whenever i'm trying to call...
  3. "No internet, secured" message in windows 10, but internet browser works fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No internet, secured" message in windows 10, but internet browser works fine.: I'm connected to a Wifi network. On Windows I get the message: "No internet, secured", however the internet browser is working fine.I'm also connected to the same wifi network with my android phone, and internet works fine. Please help...
  4. "No internet, secured" message in windows 10, but internet browser works fine.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No internet, secured" message in windows 10, but internet browser works fine.: I'm connected to a Wifi network. On Windows I get the message: "No internet, secured", however the internet browser is working fine.I'm also connected to the same wifi network with my android phone, and internet works fine. Please help...
  5. "No internet, secured" message in windows 10, but internet browser works fine.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Internet slow in Windows 10 and 11 but fine on Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet slow in Windows 10 and 11 but fine on Linux: Everything was fine until a few weeks ago and I was getting my full internet speed 500mbpsuntil it just tanked and sits at 50mbps nowOther PCs work fine in the same network.I tried formatting windows, updating drivers, network reset, different cable, safe modenothing helped!I...
  7. Internet slow in Windows 10 and 11 but fine on Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slow in Windows 10 and 11 but fine on Linux: Everything was fine until a few weeks ago and I was getting my full internet speed 500mbpsuntil it just tanked and sits at 50mbps nowOther PCs work fine in the same network.I tried formatting windows, updating drivers, network reset, different cable, safe modenothing helped!I...
  8. Internet slow in Windows 10 and 11 but fine on Linux

9. [Windows 10] Internet is working fine but not detected by the Window.

[Windows 10] Internet is working fine but not detected by the Window.: Greetings all! ISSUE: Windows 10 won't recognize that I have access to my internet connection (LAN cable). I can surf through the websites and play games that required the internet. But, apps like Windows Store or Spotify won't recognize my internet connection because the...
  10. Windows 10 slowing down torrents/downloads - internet speed fine

Windows 10 slowing down torrents/downloads - internet speed fine: Ever since I've upgraded to Windows 10 I've noticed one weird artifact - torrents are much slower and they take much longer to pick up speed. Now, why would that be? Well, the only observation I could make is that on Windows 10 it takes so much longer for PC to connect to...