Windows 10: Slow internet performance with Qualcomm QCA6174A wireless card...

Discus and support Slow internet performance with Qualcomm QCA6174A wireless card... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've posted this same problem in the Dell community. So far, no helpful responses. We have a Dell Latitude 5491 running Windows 10 Pro. It has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robmad92009, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Slow internet performance with Qualcomm QCA6174A wireless card...

I've posted this same problem in the Dell community. So far, no helpful responses.

We have a Dell Latitude 5491 running Windows 10 Pro. It has a Qualcomm QCA6174A wireless card installed.

Everything was running just fine until September when the end user said their wireless speeds were horrible. I took a look at it & sure enough, download speeds were atrociously low, barely 2 Mbps on our 50/50 fiber connection. Upload speeds were fine. Dell had an updated driver so I installed that. It seemed to fix the problem...until last week when the download speeds dropped to the sub 2 Mbps level. The end user was at home this time & has a 200Mbps/25Mbps cable connection. He brings it into work and on our fiber connection the download speeds were just as bad.

He is running the latest version of Windows 10 1903. No updates were downloading/running when these drops in speed happened.

Dell has no other posted drivers. Unlike Intel, Qualcomm doesn't have a support site where you can download their drivers.

Thoughts?

:)

robmad92009, Oct 28, 2019

2. Faulty Wireless Card?

Try 10.0.0.251 jsfitz54 listed. It's supported.

SimpleTECH, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Slow Internet speeds of a newly installed Intel 8265 wireless card (on my XPS 15 9560)

Hi Miko,

Based on the information you have provided and the steps you have already taken, it seems that the issue is with the wireless card. It's possible that the card may be defective or has some defects since other devices were receiving constant internet speed.
    We suggest that you try connecting to a different internet connection (cafe's, other internet connection, etc.) and see if it has the same issue. If yes, we suggest that you get in touch with the manufacturer or the shop that you have purchased the wireless
    card.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Slow internet performance with Qualcomm QCA6174A wireless card...

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

Slow internet performance with Qualcomm QCA6174A wireless card...

1. Slow internet performance with Qualcomm QCA6174A wireless card... - Similar Threads - Slow internet performance

2. wireless connection slows down internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wireless connection slows down internet connection: When the laptop is connected to our internal network, our speeds drop to almost zero. The wireless driver appears to be up to date and working properly. Any solution?...
  3. Qualcomm Redefining Wireless Audio with Qualcomm Snapdragon Sound

in Windows 10 News
    Qualcomm Redefining Wireless Audio with Qualcomm Snapdragon Sound: [ATTACH] Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd. today announced Qualcomm Snapdragon Sound technology, an optimized chain of audio innovations and software designed to provide seamless, immersive audio in, and across, devices including smartphones, wireless earbuds and...
  4. Qualcomm Wireless Adapter Replacement

Qualcomm Wireless Adapter Replacement: I have a Dell Inspiron 3580. It has the Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter. HardwareID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_18101028&REV_31. Running Win10 Pro 64-bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042.804 Is there somewhere, anywhere....that tells you compatible hardware for...
  5. Qualcomm Wireless Adapter Replacement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm Wireless Adapter Replacement: I have a Dell Inspiron 3580. It has the Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter. HardwareID: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_18101028&REV_31. Running Win10 Pro 64-bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042.804 Is there somewhere, anywhere....that tells you compatible hardware for...
  6. Slow internet, both wired and wireless

Slow internet, both wired and wireless: two computers side by side, similar hardware dell i7 win 10 pro running fine, dell i3 win 10 slower, one running 200 MBPS, other won't go over 15 MBPS, checked as many setting as possible. slower unit running Win 10, unit running faster is win 10 pro, any help appreciated....
  7. The Wireless adaptor driver is Qualcomm Atheros AR956x always drops internet

The Wireless adaptor driver is Qualcomm Atheros AR956x always drops internet: Hello, I have a laptop asus which has the Wireless adaptor driver is Qualcomm Atheros AR956x is always cutting internet. My Os is windows 10....
  8. Where to purchase a Qualcomm Atheros DW1707BGN Wireless Network Card for a Dell Inspiron...

Where to purchase a Qualcomm Atheros DW1707BGN Wireless Network Card for a Dell Inspiron...: I have a colleague and he currently has a Dell Inspiron 5566 machine that has a Wireless Network Card that only provides 2.4GHZ band. I read somewhere on the net that the machine is capable of providing 5GHZ band for his machine but he would need to purchase a Qualcomm...
  9. Wireless internet extremely slow speeds

Wireless internet extremely slow speeds: Been trying to diagnose extremely slow wireless internet speeds. Windows 10 version 1809, build 17763.316. Wireless adapter is a Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Adapter. Using linetest.nz shows an average download speed of approx. 1-1.5mbps, sometimes as high as 5, or as low...
  10. Does installing a video card slow down performance?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does installing a video card slow down performance?: My primary desktop is getting old, so I thought it was time for some upgrades. I told my friend about this, but he stated a new GPU slows down the CPU and other components. Should I be worried? Here’s my current specs for reference: Dell Inspiron 3847 Intel Core i5-4460...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. qualcomm atheros ar956x slow

2. qualcomm qca61x4a performance