Windows 10: Slow internet speed

Discus and support Slow internet speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 but having a very low internet speed. Initially it turned out to be the windows updates but then after updating also the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by white wolverine, May 27, 2017.

1. Slow internet speed

I installed Windows 10 but having a very low internet speed. Initially it turned out to be the windows updates but then after updating also the windows speed was very low. I installed glasswire to check by bandwidth usage and found that Windows background processes were taking up a bulk of my bandwidth, leaving me with nothing. I've been wanting to know for some time now, as What are the background processes? What processes do they constitute? Is this a virus? I scanned multiple times using Malwarebytes with no result. Can I firewall the background processes?

:)

white wolverine, May 27, 2017

2. New Window's 10 Update Made My Computer Slower?

Your drivers look OK. You've got a site that rivals my own Verison site. Have you seen this page...?...

Spectrum.net Slow Internet Speeds

Slow Internet Speeds

PCR Just PCR, May 27, 2017
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    Slow download speed fast upload on Ethernet.

Hi

If a website has a slow server, a fast internet connection may be experienced but may have very slow download speeds. Download speed will be affected with the website server as it also impact your internet connection speed.

You may try a test with other websites and check the results with the website that you are experiencing slow download speed.

Meanwhile, kindly click on this link and find the post created by Santos_Rai
    to troubleshoot network and incoming internet connection.

Kindly post back and share with us the result.

Rey Cam, May 27, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

Slow internet speed

AddRAM, May 27, 2017
  5. I have run a speed test
    The bandwidth that I should get is around 570 Kbps (it's less I know)

But in my laptop I am getting anywhere​ from 2.2 kbps to 8 to sometimes 0 as well

6. This is what my bandwidth looks like, with the yellow part being background processes
    Slow internet speed [​IMG]

7. ICIT2LOL Win User
    How about rebooting the modem I do every day but that s out of choice because I leave nothing running 24/7.

Plyus hae you hecked for anyfimare updates on the device.

Edit: re spelling poss drop out for me henace my rush to get replies off

ICIT2LOL, May 27, 2017
  8. Slow internet speed

Checked for updates. Nothing.
    But that is what I'm concerned about.
    Are the background processes updates downloading​ without showing?

Cos the updates page says that updates are available but are not being downloaded because my laptop is in battery saver mode.

My laptop is plugged in.

9. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Have you checked in the task manager unde processes? show up a shot of what you have

ICIT2LOL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Slow internet speed

1. Slow internet speed - Similar Threads - Slow internet speed

2. Slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet speed: Why my HP Notebook - 15-ac123tx catches slow internet speed 10mbps while on other laptop it catches max speed 30mbps at same wifi router? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-internet-speed/f12c2763-a978-40bf-905b-d2acfe3a1bab
  3. Slow Internet Speed

Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  4. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  5. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. slow internet speed

slow internet speed: I have dell laptop and 50 Mbps internet speed but my laptop gives only 10 Mbps speed not more then it nor less. Every other devices gives proper speed except this one. This happened ago one month also and I factory reset my laptop and problem got solved but this happened...
  7. slow internet speed

slow internet speed: have a question my network adapter only getting 17mbps download i got 100mbps internet i tried replacing the cord and had cable company come out and see whats wrong everything else in the house is getting 100mbps my laptop and phone and Xbox one all got 100mbps i tried...
  8. Slow Internet Speed

Slow Internet Speed: Hi, I have recently upgraded my old windows 10 pro. Now whenever i download anything the speed seems very low. when i connect same wifi to other laptop the speed is very high but on my personnel pc the speed is in KBs.. Help me thanks.....
  9. slowed internet speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slowed internet speed: [ATTACH] ILitt(Customer)asked a question. Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:54 AM I have a 300MB internet connection. It ran fine for several months and then the speed dropped to 89MB. I have had a tech service guy here and Spectrum. Both tell me my router and modem are...
  10. Slow speed of internet

Slow speed of internet: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-speed-of-internet/e2ad41f0-f2f1-4bc8-b564-75963e4c272a