Windows 10: Slow Internet Speeds After Waking Up From Sleep - ASUS ZenBook

Discus and support Slow Internet Speeds After Waking Up From Sleep - ASUS ZenBook in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I get really slow internet speeds after my computer wakes up from sleep. I'm on wifi. The speeds drop from 200mbps to 10mbps. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AllenSmith7, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Slow Internet Speeds After Waking Up From Sleep - ASUS ZenBook

Hello,

I get really slow internet speeds after my computer wakes up from sleep. I'm on wifi. The speeds drop from 200mbps to 10mbps. I have to disconnect and reconnect to the wifi. Afterward, the speed is back to normal. Then, after waking up from sleep, it drops again. My other laptop and mobile devices don't have this issue. Here's what I've done so far:

- Made sure netword adapter drivers are up to date

- Tried different MIMO power save mode settings

Thanks,

Allen

:)

AllenSmith7, Aug 11, 2020
  2. K I P Win User

Windows 10 slow response or performance after waking up from sleep mode

Following these steps and following a process of elimination, I found that an ASUS service called AsusFanControlService by ASUSTek Computer Inc. seemed to be responsible for the slow behavior. When I disable that service and restart, the system functions
    normally now, and after a sleep and wake, everything continues to run at normal speeds.

K I P, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 11, 2020
  4. JoeNamco Win User

Slow Internet Speeds After Waking Up From Sleep - ASUS ZenBook

JoeNamco, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Slow Internet Speeds After Waking Up From Sleep - ASUS ZenBook

1. Slow Internet Speeds After Waking Up From Sleep - ASUS ZenBook - Similar Threads - Slow Internet Speeds

2. Asus Zenbook S ux393 constant BSOD after waking from sleep after some use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Zenbook S ux393 constant BSOD after waking from sleep after some use: Hi all, I get BSOD almost daily. If my PC goes to sleep, is woken up, and after some random usage it will fail. This was a win10 to win 11 update. I did a factory reset and updated the drivers. I also get random locking that I have to hard power down. I've ran SFC and Mem...
  3. Asus Zenbook S ux393 constant BSOD after waking from sleep after some use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus Zenbook S ux393 constant BSOD after waking from sleep after some use: Hi all, I get BSOD almost daily. If my PC goes to sleep, is woken up, and after some random usage it will fail. This was a win10 to win 11 update. I did a factory reset and updated the drivers. I also get random locking that I have to hard power down. I've ran SFC and Mem...
  4. Asus zenbook slow internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus zenbook slow internet: Hello i have asus zenbook with windows 11 with intelr wifi 6 ax210 160mhz card , i have very slow internet speed. I re install system drivers and nothing, in other pc everything is ok.Please help me...
  5. Asus zenbook slow internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus zenbook slow internet: Hello i have asus zenbook with windows 11 with intelr wifi 6 ax210 160mhz card , i have very slow internet speed. I re install system drivers and nothing, in other pc everything is ok.Please help me...
  6. After waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  7. Sleep and no internet on wake up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep and no internet on wake up: When I "wake up" my computer it often doesn't remain connected to the internet. I must restart the computer to regain internet access. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-and-no-internet-on-wake-up/9f23d24f-8345-4354-9764-9bdde804a6fc
  8. waking up from sleep too slow

waking up from sleep too slow: so i have this **** laptop running an HDD of 5400 rpm, 12 gigs of ram, and a core i3. i use it as my daily driver, and waking it up from sleep takes 2-3 seconds, is there any way for the time to get minimized to just a couple miliseconds of delay from opening my laptop lid?...
  9. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Asus N580VD slow internet speed: My Asus N580VD download speeds are only about 30 Mbps, I own two other Asus brand notebooks both are model UX501VW. Both of which are posting download speeds of 100 Mbps + and also a Dell 15-567 also posting downloads of just under 100 Mbps. I right clicked Device Manager and...
  10. slow Internet reconnect after Win10 wakes from sleep

slow Internet reconnect after Win10 wakes from sleep: My new Asus Win10 machine with a solid-state hard drive wakes up from sleep refreshingly quickly -- just a couple of seconds. But it takes between 15 and 40 seconds before the Internet connection is re-established. Once the connection is re-established, it works fine. But...