Windows 10: slow internet win 10 pro

Discus and support slow internet win 10 pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, just built a new system ... msi x570 pro mboard with amd ryzen 5 3600 and 16gig ram. All up running fine but wired internet slow as hell!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Craig217, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Craig217 Win User

slow internet win 10 pro

Hi,

just built a new system ... msi x570 pro mboard with amd ryzen 5 3600 and 16gig ram.

All up running fine but wired internet slow as hell!! Speed tested at about 9.5Mbps 100mg line on cat5 cable with a file dl speed at 1.1MBps tops across firefox/chrome/edge and multiple dl sites inc microsoft !

All drivers updated/reinstalled, win 10 updated with no change.

I switched to wifi n speed tested at 50Mbps but file dl still a rock solid 1.1MBps.

I partitioned the drive and duel booted with a second install of win 10 pro and speed tested with nothing else installed ... Still the same **** dl speeds.

Also tried loads of tweeking tips from tech forums... no good!!

Any suggestions???

cheers in advance next option back to win 7 ffs

:)

Craig217, Jun 26, 2020

2. WIN10 internet SLOW!!!!!!!

Hello William,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with slow Internet Connection. We will certainly help you.

• Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Have you tried connecting to some other Internet connection and check if the same issue occurs?

We suggest you to connect your system to some other network and check if the same slow Internet connection issue persists. If no then there must be issue with your Internet connection.

Further you can try performing the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Fix network connection issues

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 26, 2020
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Jun 26, 2020
  4. slow internet win 10 pro

Slow Internet Connection in Windows 10

Hi,

My name is Angel. I am an Independent Advisor. Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow these Methods :

1. Close the Peer to Peer Update Process on Your PC to Fix Slow Internet after Windows 10 Update

Shut down the peer to peer update process on your PC. That is to say, you need to close the channel which you can download applications and system updates from other PC’s connected to the server since it limits your internet bandwidth seeding to other users.

Step 1. Click Start menu and then type Settings to open it.

Step 2. Select “Update and Security“.

Step 3. Click the “Advanced Options” tab.

Step 4. Click the option “Choose How Updates are Delivered".

Step 5. Turn off the On button.

2. Adjust the Internet Bandwidth Settings

Since windows 10, by default, reserves 20% of the internet bandwidth for the system applications and its operating system, you can’t browse or surf on the internet with 100% internet connection. This solution speeds up the dropping internet speed by trimming
    down the bandwidth which is reserved for Windows 10 and system applications. Follow the step-by-step guide to tackle slow internet after Windows 10 Update.

Step 1. Press Windows shortcut keys Win + R to open Run dialog box.

Step 2. Type gpedit.msc and then hit OK.

Step 3. Give permissions. A pop-up window will open with title of Group Policy.

Step 4. Click on Computer Configuration on the right side of the window.

Step 5. Navigate to: Administrative Templates -> Network – > Qos Packet Scheduler – > Limit reservable bandwidth.

Step 6. Click on Enable.

Step 7. Change the Value from 20 to 0.

Step 8. Apply and then click OK.

3. Disable Window Auto-Tuning

Window Auto-Tuning which is enabled by default improves performance for programs by receiving TCP data over a network. Slower internet speed after Windows 10 Update could hit your computer when Window Auto-Tuning feature is “ON”. While luckily, you can disable
    Windows Auto-Tuning level to improve the internet speed for the Windows 10 update. Use administrator privileges to process the following steps.

Step 1. Press Win + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin).

Step 2. Type the command netsh interface tcp show global in the window.

Step 3. Check for Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level and if it is normal, you will need to disable it.

Step 4. Type the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled to disable it.

You can perform an internet speed test to see whether those adjustments improve your internet speed or not. If not, you can re-enable the Window Auto-Tuning level by typing the command netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal in the Command Prompt (Admin).

Source:

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-slo...

Hope the information provided is useful. If the issue persists, reply here and we will be glad to help you.

Angel.

Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

AngelCarreno, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

slow internet win 10 pro

1. slow internet win 10 pro - Similar Threads - slow internet pro

2. Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads: I'm running Win 10 Pro on a ThinkPad 430T i5 CPU, connected to my router via ethernet LAN. The router is directly connected to a cable modem. The internet service is from Charter/Spectrum and is provisioned to be maximum 400 Mbps down and 20Mbps up. Running speedtest.net on...
  3. Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads: I'm running Win 10 Pro on a ThinkPad 430T i5 CPU, connected to my router via ethernet LAN. The router is directly connected to a cable modem. The internet service is from Charter/Spectrum and is provisioned to be maximum 400 Mbps down and 20Mbps up. Running speedtest.net on...
  4. Windows 10 Pro slow Internet downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Printer response is very slow with Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer response is very slow with Win 10 Pro: Epson Stylus SX445W All-in-One Inkjet printer I have had this printer since 2013 when it was connected to a Windows 7 PC. The original Windows 7 compatible drivers were installed from a CD. Around 2017 I upgraded the OS to Windows 8.1 (64-bit) and I had to download...
  6. slow internet after upgrade to win 10

slow internet after upgrade to win 10: Hello, I have an Asus n56vb with Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 wireless. Before i got win 7 and everything worked fine but after I tried win 10, the wifi speed is very slow.. 0.5mb !! I checked for latest drivers wireless & win10 -- no change, I even tried to instal drivers i...
  7. Internet explorer 11 slow with Win 10.

in Browsers and Email
    Internet explorer 11 slow with Win 10.: I just upgraded to Win 10 2 days ago, I set Internet Explore 11 as Default but it is really slow. 44784
  8. Weird Keyboard & Internet problems with Win 10 Pro

Weird Keyboard & Internet problems with Win 10 Pro: When I first upgraded to 10, I had a Logitech keyboard connected. Things would work fine for awhile and then certain hotkeys and keyboard keys would stop working, like backspace, and copy and save functions, and several of the keypad keys. I thought it was my keyboard, so I...
  9. Slow/Unstable Internet Speeds after Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow/Unstable Internet Speeds after Win 10 Update: My interent on my custom desktop, as far as I can remember, has functioned fine for a long time now. However, after upgrading to windows 10 and having it around for a while, I noticed a sharp decrease in internet speed. I've tried multiple solutions, but nothing seems to have...
  10. Win 10 update on a slow,metered internet connection ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 update on a slow,metered internet connection ?: I have not seen this question on here so far. It sounds like the upgrade will be sent by MS at their will. How would a 2-3 gig download work on a slow,metered connection. I wonder if there will be some other way? I have to do large downloads between 2 and 7 AM. 6781