Windows 10: Slow internet with speeds of 3mbps download and decent upload of 10+

Discus and support Slow internet with speeds of 3mbps download and decent upload of 10+ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a new router and motem and a internet plan that is supposed to give me 100mbps but I am only getting 1-10 (download), average of 3. Some days I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Varsation, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Varsation Win User

Slow internet with speeds of 3mbps download and decent upload of 10+

I have a new router and motem and a internet plan that is supposed to give me 100mbps but I am only getting 1-10 (download), average of 3. Some days I get stable internet speed that is what was advertised with everyone in the house using it. How ever some days in day and night it dips down randomly to like 3mbps with less people on it. When I restart my router I get smooth 90mbps for a couple of seconds.... then it drops back down to under 10 mbps.

I use Windows 10 and have a wireless adapter for my pc. My upload speeds are fine tho with over 10 mbps constantly.

:)

Varsation, Aug 8, 2019

2. Slow download speed on Windows 10

When I built my computer I only had a Windows 7 disk lying around, so I installed Windows 7; Internet worked completely fine and didn't have any issues with the download speed.
    I then downloaded Windows 10 onto a USB stick and ran a fresh install (since I read that upgrade installs can cause problems); the first time round the download speed was fine, but now my download speed is incredibly slow.

This doesn't seem to be related to a current ongoing problem with the motherboard as Internet worked fine in Windows 7.

On testing the speed, I found that I get a maximum of 3Mbps download and 0.96Mbps upload:

Slow internet with speeds of 3mbps download and decent upload of 10+ d6ggE.png

The Internet connection is rated at a maximum of 20Mbps download and 1Mbps upload; it seems that while the download speed has been impacted, upload speed is not. When I download anything, the entire Internet connectivity of the machine is bottlenecked by the program doing the download; this doesn't usually happen as my router's QoS prevents this from happening.

Thinking that it was a driver issue, I reinstalled the driver for the Ethernet (Intel(R) 82576 Gigabit Dual Port Network Connection) with no effect. I then downloaded and installed the driver for my motherboard from the manufacturer's website, again to no effect.

I read that disabling “Large Send Offload (LSO) could fix the problem; I have done so but yet again, to no effect. I've also done the standard stuff of rebooting the router & verifying the speed with another Ethernet device.

I also ran a speed-test on my phone, and it's the normal speed (so the router or the actual Internet connection isn't the issue here):

Slow internet with speeds of 3mbps download and decent upload of 10+ j5eWM.png

There are also quite a few settings in the Ethernet adapter's properties; perhaps one of these could be the cause?

The settings are as follows:

cybermonkey, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Ant1n0 Win User
    Extremely slow internet speed on Lumia 650

Hi, I just received my new Lumia 650 today. However I found that the internet speed seems to be extremely slow. My network is 100mbps educational network. And using Speedtest software, my iPad has a speed of 90 Mbps upload and 90 Mbps download. However
    for Lumia 650, it only gots 3mbps up and down load under the same wifi environment. The LTE network is also very disappointing 8mbps .so I wonder if there is a problem with my phone.

Ant1n0, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Slow internet with speeds of 3mbps download and decent upload of 10+

Slow Download Speed

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft forums.

• I would suggest you to test the speed using any of the speed test website or app to confirm the upload and download speed.
    • I also suggest you to reset the wireless router to check if that helps.
    • You may plug in the Ethernet cable if available and check the speed.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you

Rajeshwari_Patil, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Slow internet with speeds of 3mbps download and decent upload of 10+

1. Slow internet with speeds of 3mbps download and decent upload of 10+ - Similar Threads - Slow internet speeds

2. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  3. Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Download Speed, Fast Upload Speed: Good morning Support Community,Having an odd problem that I haven't found a solution for online so am going to post.I recently upgraded my internet to 5 Gb Fiber connection.When I run speed tests I'm getting ~950 Mb/s Download and 2355 Mb/s Upload on my 2.5 Gb/s Ethernet...
  4. Decent WiFi but slow download speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decent WiFi but slow download speeds: I have two computers in my house that I use, one of the laptop and one is a desktop. My desktop has a Z690 maximus hero as the motherboard with the latest Intel drivers and my laptop is an old Asus laptop that I don’t know what motherboard it has, the CPU in my desktop is an...
  5. Decent WiFi but slow download speeds

Decent WiFi but slow download speeds: I have two computers in my house that I use, one of the laptop and one is a desktop. My desktop has a Z690 maximus hero as the motherboard with the latest Intel drivers and my laptop is an old Asus laptop that I don’t know what motherboard it has, the CPU in my desktop is an...
  6. Slow upload speed

Slow upload speed: My PC internet upload speed is limited to 5Mb/s for some reason. It is limited both on the wifi and over ethernet.I've tried both the ethernet cable and wifi and both limit my speed to 5Mb/s. The weird thing is that I have a NAS connected to the same network, and I can upload...
  7. slow upload speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow upload speed: Fast download but extremely slow upload speed, less than .2 Mbps. Well over 30 Mbps in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-upload-speed/681b3aa1-93a9-4e67-82ae-4babdb3c65d4
  8. Relatively slow internet upload speeds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Relatively slow internet upload speeds.: My old computer and my wife's computer had around 850 Mbps upload speed via Speedtest. Wife built me a new computer using an ASUS TUF gaming Z590 Motherboard and intel chip. Using the same Ethernet cable as before, which use to garner the 850 Mbps speed, the new computer only...
  9. Relatively slow internet upload speeds.

Relatively slow internet upload speeds.: My old computer and my wife's computer had around 850 Mbps upload speed via Speedtest. Wife built me a new computer using an ASUS TUF gaming Z590 Motherboard and intel chip. Using the same Ethernet cable as before, which use to garner the 850 Mbps speed, the new computer only...
  10. Internet download speed slow.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet download speed slow.: PC originally Win 8.1 - updated to Win 10. Have superfast broadband. Internet download speed significantly reduced/throttled. Can only be rectified by going into Safe Mode with Networking. What is the cause of this? Is it possible to restore full download speed in Normal...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download speed limited 3mbps win 10