Windows 10: Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

Discus and support Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently started experiencing really slow download speeds on every screen when I am using Microsoft Edge,Trying "windows repair" instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by steamchick, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

I have recently started experiencing really slow download speeds on every screen when I am using Microsoft Edge,Trying "windows repair" instructions there was a software download called Restoro, that told me I had lots of errors on everything, especially Miscrosoft Edge. But I don't know a SAFE software to fix these issues? - Or can Window's tools do it somehow? - e.g. where is the defrag tool? - I used to do it at least monthly...I can't even find the recycle bin to empty that now. Searching with the search box, I found a recycle bin with 95Mb in it - on the H: drive. Simply highlighting and

:)

steamchick, Oct 1, 2022
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Asus N580VD slow internet speed

Hi Blair,

There are several factors that affect your internet speed. A few would be connection speed, network traffic, hardware capability, and type of connection. To help us identify what might be causing the slow internet speed on your laptop, allow me to ask the
    following information:

• How's your laptop connected to the network? Is it directly wired to the modem/router or wirelessly connected?
    • Were your other computers that were getting 100 Mbps download speed connected to the same network?
    • Were there other devices connected to the network while you tried to download?
    • Have you tried connecting your laptop to a different network? Did you get the same internet speed?

In the meantime, please run a speed test on your laptop. If the internet speed is slower that your internet package, then you may try to update the drivers of your network adapters to ensure that it's up-to-date. Please check out and follow the steps provided
    on this link: Update drivers in Windows 10.

If you're trying to download while your laptop is wirelessly connected to your network, then kindly check its wireless adapter speed by checking its Wireless Network Connection Status. Follow these steps:

1. Right-click the wireless icon on your system tray, click Open Network & Internet settings, then click
      Wi-Fi.
    2. On the right pane, click Change adapter options.
    3. Right-click your Wireless Network Connection and click
      Status

Please take a screenshot of the status page and kindly include it on your reply.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 1, 2022
  4. merkk Win User

Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

Best way to test internet connection speeds

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the most reliable way to test my internet connection. I normally use speedtest.net but i discovered I get completely different results depending on what browser i use. My speeds will show up as 200mbps or 600-700mbps for up or down, depending on which browser i use. My ISP said my connection should be 400mbps up and down.

And related to this - are there any steps I should take in terms of windows settings to make sure I have an optimal connection?

Even though some of these speed tests show I am getting 600-700mbps, in any practical application i've never come close to that. The fastest I have seen anything come down/up is 200-300mbps. Uploading to dropbox is stupidly slow. Uploading to amazon is slow (although my backup program is doing some encryption so that might be slowing it down). Downloading any large files from various applications/sites and still only see 200-300mbps.

This is windows 10 x64. And my ethernet connection does says it's 1 gbps. And I do not have any sort of metering turned on in windows, or on my router.

merkk, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

1. Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK. - Similar Threads - Slow internet yet

2. Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.: I have recently started experiencing really slow download speeds on every screen when I am using Microsoft Edge,Trying "windows repair" instructions there was a software download called Restoro, that told me I had lots of errors on everything, especially Miscrosoft Edge. But...
  3. Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet, yet "speed test" says OK.: I have recently started experiencing really slow download speeds on every screen when I am using Microsoft Edge,Trying "windows repair" instructions there was a software download called Restoro, that told me I had lots of errors on everything, especially Miscrosoft Edge. But...
  4. Slow Internet Speed

Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  5. Slow Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet Speed: Hello, I've been having problems with my internet on Windows 10.Usually my Download MB per second is 12 MB to 32 MB fast, but since I got a new windows after my old was broken, my internet has been acting weird, it takes literally 10 minutes for me to just download a 10 MB...
  6. Slow Speed According to the Test

Slow Speed According to the Test: My internet provider is Xfinity. I'm on a 400mbps plan. My old modem was a SB6141 which is not rated to be able to handle this speed, so I got a new one - the SB6190. I'm using a desktop...the cable from the wall goes into the modem and then feeds a Belkin router, and from...
  7. Internet speed tests says i have upwards of 25mbps download and 4.5+ upload, yet all my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet speed tests says i have upwards of 25mbps download and 4.5+ upload, yet all my...: My internet is clearly capable of higher download speeds but whenever i download something, it seems capped to around 2mbps? Anyway to fix this? submitted by /u/SK-XVII [link] [comments]...
  8. WIFI status says i have a good internet speed, yet a speed test says my internet is...

WIFI status says i have a good internet speed, yet a speed test says my internet is...: Hello All I went to network connections and clicked on the interface I use to get to the WIFI status for the device. Everything seems to be well, signal quality is subpar however my internet speed is 21.7 Mbps. Yet when I perform a speed test on my device, my download speed...
  9. slowed internet speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    slowed internet speed: [ATTACH] ILitt(Customer)asked a question. Tuesday, April 9, 2019 5:54 AM I have a 300MB internet connection. It ran fine for several months and then the speed dropped to 89MB. I have had a tech service guy here and Spectrum. Both tell me my router and modem are...
  10. Slow speed of internet

Slow speed of internet: Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/slow-speed-of-internet/e2ad41f0-f2f1-4bc8-b564-75963e4c272a