Windows 10: Slow internetspeed after windows update

Discus and support Slow internetspeed after windows update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. So I had a windows update pending so I updated it, but after the update my upload and download speeds were limited to 10mbps, after this I googled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AapoHäkkinen, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Slow internetspeed after windows update

Hi. So I had a windows update pending so I updated it, but after the update my upload and download speeds were limited to 10mbps, after this I googled and changed something on the driver properties. After this the speed went to 180mbps. Before the update I got over 900mbps. I also tried using my laptop which got over wifi ~500mbps, so the problem isn’t in my internet connection. I tried updating and removing the intel ethernet driver, and even downloaded some utility called ”intel driver & support assistant” which didnt find anything to be updated. I can’t find anything to fix this, so if you have any ideas, please leave a comment. All help is appriciated!

Windows version: 2004 OS build: 19041.804 Inter driver: Intel Ethernet Connection 7 I219-V

:)

AapoHäkkinen, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 15, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Slow internetspeed after windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Slow internetspeed after windows update

Windows 10 on Asus Slow

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system as it is slow after upgrading to Windows 10. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • When exactly does the system slow performance issue persists?
    • Does the issue confined while performing any specific task on Windows 10?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows Updates and driver updates after upgrading to Windows 10?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check it if helps.

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Slow internetspeed after windows update

1. Slow internetspeed after windows update - Similar Threads - Slow internetspeed update

2. slow windows after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    slow windows after update: till now windows was goings smooth but i yesterday updated it to 21H2 . i have windows 10 home. Now the thing is if i out my pc to sleep then after restarting pc there is visible lag on login window even this login window takes time now to appear, this was nat not the case...
  3. slow windows after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slow windows after update: till now windows was goings smooth but i yesterday updated it to 21H2 . i have windows 10 home. Now the thing is if i out my pc to sleep then after restarting pc there is visible lag on login window even this login window takes time now to appear, this was nat not the case...
  4. slow windows after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. slow after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow after update: Computer very slow after recent update. I cannot even load some pages. New HP computer with clean programs. waiting for cache and sometimes it just spins and never opens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-after-update/4867beb5-cfdb-4c3f-95f6-3e9c2cf6efe3
  6. Internetspeed is 100/100Mbits instead of 1Gbps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internetspeed is 100/100Mbits instead of 1Gbps: Hi i have a problem so recently we got an 1Gbps Internet with a new router and things everything fineBut when i connect my 600Mbps TP-LINK Powerline Adapters it only says 100/100Mbps instead of 1Gbits in the Windows Network Settings.the LAN Cable and the Adapters are fine.can...
  7. Windows slow after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows slow after update: Hi! I would like to ask for help. I updated windows yesterday. Today I turned on my computer, it took a while to show the desktop (usually it takes like 20 seconds, but today took around 60). Then I noticed that my second monitor is showing any image, but windows still...
  8. Windows 10 slow after Update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 slow after Update: [ATTACH]Microsoft recently started pushing a new update that automatically updates the old (legacy) Edge to the new (Chromium) Edge without any user intervention. If however, […] This article Windows 10 slow after Update first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Slow after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow after updates: Every time I do a Windows 10 update, my pc is very slow to operate again. If I click on a desktop icon, the cursor and hourglass just sit there. I did restart, but again it was minutes before I could get online....
  10. Windows get slow after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows get slow after update: Hello. Windows on my laptop get slow after update and most of the updates dont get installed on my laptop. Plz let me know whats the problem. My email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...